ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 3, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #4,862 of 16,326
Well FW update is a fail for song list skipping unless I allow it to play for quite a few seconds and then skip. If I try to skip as soon as a song starts to play then skip it crashes... Lol Everytime.. Anyone else experience this?

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #4,863 of 16,326
Well FW update is a fail for song list skipping unless I allow it to play for quite a few seconds and then skip. If I try to skip as soon as a song starts to play then skip it crashes... Lol Everytime.. Anyone else experience this?

Reminds me of that old story about the guy who goes to his doctor and says that it hurts when he moves his arm like this. The doctor replies don't move your arm like that. :)

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #4,864 of 16,326
I also had no issue connecting to my 5g wifi. There was one caveat, I hadn't realized that my password wasn't the same for both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz so if others are having issues on the off chance your passwords are different I suggest you log into your router and see if that is the issue.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #4,868 of 16,326

No issue here. I use the screen buttons and the side buttons. Song list from Playlist or Album FF just fine.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #4,869 of 16,326
Has anybody tried it as a stand alone DAC yet? I thought that was one of the additions expected in this update.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #4,871 of 16,326
I'm yet to see an Android phone being used as a DAC so pardon my scepticism about dp-x1 managing that. I can't see the point either when you can both stream or play from them two microSD cards.

Perhaps, but even so, the FiiO X7 is supposed to have this capability and I'm sure there are times when it may be useful to some. I'm not sure if I would ever need the feature, but as I said, I thought this firmware update was supposed to make this functionality available.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #4,872 of 16,326
  Perhaps, but even so, the FiiO X7 is supposed to have this capability and I'm sure there are times when it may be useful to some. I'm not sure if I would ever need the feature, but as I said, I thought this firmware update was supposed to make this functionality available.

I don't think the USB DAC feature is in this release. I didn't see any settings in the player and the only other logical place to set it to DAC mode would be in the USB connection type menu and I still only see two options - MTP and PTP.

I also have one more thing to add about external playlists. After I updated to 1.28, it still takes 30 min plus for the playlists and songs to show up in the player after powering on. I am back to my original plan of just leaving the X1 powered on 24x7 like my phone.

EDIT - THIS DOES NOT WORK If this isn't feasible for some then there is a work around. Open up each imported playlist and add each track in your playlist to the play queue. Unfortunately there is no "select all" option that I can see so you have to add each song one-by-one. Once  you have the songs all loaded in the the play queue, save the queue as a new playlist and then it will become a native playlist in the player and it should show up immediately on power up. Once you do this for each playlist, you can simply delete the M3U files from the X1. I may just do this over the course of the next couple days.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #4,873 of 16,326

If this isn't feasible for some then there is a work around. Open up each imported playlist and add each track in your playlist to the play queue. Unfortunately there is no "select all" option that I can see so you have to add each song one-by-one. Once  you have the songs all loaded in the the play queue, save the queue as a new playlist and then it will become a native playlist in the player and it should show up immediately on power up. Once you do this for each playlist, you can simply delete the M3U files from the X1. I may just do this over the course of the next couple days.

Bummer that playlists continue to be a pain in the ass to implement. Good information, thanks I may try this, but frankly what I have been doing is just using Tidal as a huge source for playlists and saving my best lists as offline content.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #4,874 of 16,326
  Bummer that playlists continue to be a pain in the ass to implement. Good information, thanks I may try this, but frankly what I have been doing is just using Tidal as a huge source for playlists and saving my best lists as offline content.

Oh well, my work around doesn't work after all. Everything worked up to the point of saving as a new playlist. Once saved as a native playlist, all the songs get randomly replaced with other tracks from other albums. Clearly some translation issues with Android indexing and Onkyo player indexing. 24x7 power on it is for now.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #4,875 of 16,326
The HK sales agent has reported the request of play by folder to Onkyo.  I think they already noticed it is a favor for users. Anytime, sooner and later it will be available in update - finger crossed.

In the mean time , try out the app - Music Tag Editor.  I am using it and it works fine for small qty of music files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back