ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 4, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,891 of 16,328
  Hey guys. Can anyone recommend any apps to clean the "junk" files from my ALACs before loading them into the DP-X1? I'm a Mac and PC owner so I really don't wanna change the original files...just wanna try to save some space on my SD cards. I think I read about one earlier in this link but I couldn't locate it again. Thanks.

Assuming by "junk files" you mean the spotlight and trash hidden files Mac OS puts on your SD card, use BlueHarvest from the app store to clean those up.

Alternatively, for Mac, format your SD card while installed in your X1, then use Android File Transfer utility to copy your files. Mac OS will not write hidden files when using AFT.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,892 of 16,328

Assuming by "junk files" you mean the spotlight and trash hidden files Mac OS puts on your SD card, use BlueHarvest from the app store to clean those up.

Alternatively, for Mac, format your SD card while installed in your X1, then use Android File Transfer utility to copy your files. Mac OS will not write hidden files when using AFT.

Awesome. You guys are the greatest. Thanks again.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #4,893 of 16,328
Bravo !
biggrin.gif
Almost said that, but I will let others chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

+1; After much research, I just pulled the trigger on a nice used ZX2 in lieu of importing the DP-X1. The choice is between solid established performer or the 'new kid on the block', so to speak-- for me, tried and true > still being tested.

Either player is wicked hot though, so you can't go too far wrong :wink:

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #4,896 of 16,328

+1; After much research, I just pulled the trigger on a nice used ZX2 in lieu of importing the DP-X1. The choice is between solid established performer or the 'new kid on the block', so to speak-- for me, tried and true > still being tested.

Either player is wicked hot though, so you can't go too far wrong :wink:

Don't mean to talk too much about a different DAP here...

You will not regret the ZX2. I've had mine for almost a year and it's sound is phenomenal, particularly w/ a TRRS connector.

I'm waiting for all the bugs to be shaken out of the DP-X1 rug before I get it.

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4,897 of 16,328
Q:

I am holding the new piece in my hands. The surface that says 'Protection Sheet" is just a plastic sticker that should be peeled off or is it the stock glass that shouldn't be removed? Because I need to stick the official screen protector I bought as accessory.

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,898 of 16,328
Q:

I am holding the new piece in my hands. The surface that says 'Protection Sheet" is just a plastic sticker that should be peeled off or is it the stock glass that shouldn't be removed? Because I need to stick the official screen protector I bought as accessory.

I left it there until I could buy a protection sheet. You can remove it to apply the protector on

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #4,900 of 16,328
  I'm not really sure how much you need to pay for balanced cables (my audiophile community hasn't embraced balanced that much yet) but anything with MMCX, 2 pins or whatever IEMs that have a form of standard of interchangeable cable should be fine. Headphones are different matter though, gotta step up a bit on the budget area. Another option is just to save up or just use the single ended for awhile until you can purchase better options.

This is the route I took. I already had Shure SE535 for which I purchased a Linum balanced cable (has as MMX connector)

I only ask about balanced because people keep saying how breathtaking it is with this DAP and to use the dual DACs and Amps, you must have balanced.

To be honest I too sought this BREATHTAKING sound all had enthused about with balanced cables. Honestly I am yet to be blown away, but it is early days for me yet.

'IMHO YMMV'

SE is actually quite good too, for the price this DAP offers a lot, yes it might not be punching up to some more expensive DAPs but it will surely more than please you for awhile.

Now you just need to save up until you can get balanced IEM/headphone. Go for something $400+ down the line or go for TOTL even lol.

I think the PM3 may be an affordable option with the interchangeable cable. The difference will be for you to judge so I personally suggest you do as you intend to keep expenditure to a minimum IMHO and enjoy SE until time and budget allows further experimentation

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #4,901 of 16,328
  This is the route I took. I already had Shure SE535 for which I purchased a Linum balanced cable (has as MMX connector). To be honest I too sought this BREATHTAKING sound all had enthused about with balanced cables. Honestly I am yet to be blown away, but it is early days for me yet.
'IMHO YMMV'

I love the Linum Balanced both for comfort (it's like you're wearing wireless IEMs :p) and sound (they're really very good).

Did you try balanced only with DP-X1?
I know the difference between single ended and balanced on DP-X1 is less spectacular than from my previous PHA-3 amp/dac.
I think it's a testimony to how good single ended is implemented on DP-X1.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #4,905 of 16,328
  I cant seem to find many reviews online, does anyone know of any reviews? Also, is this out in the UK yet?

Not out in UK, maybe April/May time.  I imported from PriceJapan for £425.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back