ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,052 of 16,328
I don't think they will add folder browsing in the near future. If they intend to do that they should do it from the beginning. It will be a miracle if Onkyo decide to add folder browsing in the next FW update.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #4,053 of 16,328
I don't think they will add folder browsing in the near future. If they intend to do that they should do it from the beginning. It will be a miracle if Onkyo decide to add folder browsing in the next FW update.

it's really a shame, maybe i should sell it and move on to QP1R lol

I found the support forum on here. Maybe someone should try to contact them http://forums.onkyousa.com/viewforum.php?f=70&sid=cea55c6b5c4f2d1ed5276d0f7cbfde3c

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #4,054 of 16,328
it's really a shame, maybe i should sell it and move on to QP1R lol

It up to you bro. For me I know from the beginning that Onkyo stock player doesn't have folder browsing feature but I could accept this flaw.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #4,055 of 16,328
I would love to contact them regarding that and the issue of the socket gaps as well

You have 2 DAPs now. Which one will you decide to sell ?

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #4,057 of 16,328
  Lock Range Adjust is actually a really cool feature, it refers to the adjustment of the PLL (Phase Locked Loop, every dap has one) which is composed of the crystal oscillator (aka clock) timing the digital signal (aka I2S) to the DAC for conversion to analog. So the Lock Range Adjust is letting you change a parameter for the timing of the digital signal to the dac, which creates differing sound, no setting is better than the other, it is completely personal preference. It is not a gimmicky software feature as it does not degrade the SQ, it is a parameter adjustment in the digital stage which interacts directly with the PLL which gives us a degree of control over the digital stage of the dap, probably wasn't easy for Onkyo to implement! No other dap has implemented this feature, so kudos to Onkyo for innovation.

I was actually wondering how it affected sound and didn't want to play with it, I might just try then and see how the sound is changed when I adjust it...

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #4,058 of 16,328
Jan 21, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #4,059 of 16,328

I was actually wondering how it affected sound and didn't want to play with it, I might just try then and see how the sound is changed when I adjust it...

I tried moving it toward narrow and noticed no difference so as with most things I suspect any difference if audible at all is very subtle. Most likely it can be theorized and measured. Now when I moved the slider closer to wide I received a warning message that it could introduce playback issues such as interruptions I think it said. I didn't go that route, but I will try and see. I'm very pleased with this DAP. I find it easy to use and the sound is excellent. I try not to second guess my decisions to death. If you wait for the perfect device you will never get anything. There is always something better just around the corner, and I know full well in 6 months some new bad ass DAP will arrive, but be that as it may, that won't change the fact that the Onkyo I have is a stunning performer.

Not to mention at this level of sound quality, even the next big thing isn't likely to be a night and day difference, just the typical little bit of this, or a little less of that type of gain. I would say that if enough people contact Onkyo it isn't out of the realm to get folder browsing on their agenda. It is obvious they are trying to make a bold move into this market so that gives me confidence that they actually may do it.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4,060 of 16,328
They better fix the socket issue before launching in the US and EU, otherwise recalling units is going to be costly and bad for reputation...

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #4,061 of 16,328
Seriously ? There are changes, but it is only preferences to what signature you like rather than improvements or degradations: wider seems more forgiving, bass is with more extensions, longer decay..etc...and the rest does the same. Narrower tighten things up but still carry the energies of each tonal beat is packed, hence leaving more air, better separations, better clarity, sharper trebles body but smooth...etc...vocal comes more foward.

I feel like if I want to analyze things then going for narrower, for better musical experiences = going for wider

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #4,063 of 16,328
There will be recall ... Lol, there is no way that the 2.5mm socket is acceptable, unless you fill it up and stop the lateral movements.

which player are you using currently? stock or others? 

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #4,065 of 16,328
Yellow is the reference version (2nd generation)

Anymore details re what the difference is? Apart from the colour
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back