ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 12, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #3,001 of 16,326
I hope everyone here could have their DP-X1 soon, especially TheOneInYellow Need more full review for the Onkyo in Head-Fi. For me my excuse is I still lack of experience and my English is not that good XD

LIES your English is great ^^

And aww, thanks!

I don't write reviews much but I'll post my thoughts often. I may write a review proper but we shall see.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,002 of 16,326
my DPA-GL033 just arrived! My friend bought it for me from Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku.

The touch experience is not as nice as directly touching the stock glass, but it's really close. It's really easy to apply (I failed several times but it still sticks to the glass perfectly). I really recommend this official screen protector.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #3,003 of 16,326
So i ordered a DP-X1 along with the case and screen protector...The whole lot should be shipping in around 3 weeks.
You guys broke my resolve and i had to buy it...

As my daily im currently using my BB Passport which sounds fantastic to say the least...So i'm really looking forward to this X1!!!

I have a question...What is balanced? I keep reading this? Am i able to balance my Stagediver SD-3's?

Cheers guys...and thanks!

Muhahahahahahaha, sorry about your wallet!

Great choice and welcome to the club!

Balanced audio is the idea that left and right channels have their own signal and ground signal separately.

• You can have a DAC supply two amps, and each amp supplies left and right channels a separate signal.
  • Or two DAC's (one per channel) and two amps (one per channel). This is what the Onkyo DP-X1 can do.
  • Or four DAC's and four amps. This last one is known as dual-differential balanced, and is extreme. A true dual-differential DAC has two in phase and two out of phase DAC's/channel. A true dual-differential amp is the same.
    Usually not found in integrated systems as dual-differential DAC's and amps are big, so you'll need two components.
    No DAP has this tech, too big and extreme atm

In order for your Stagedriver's to operate in balanced, you will need a new cable to supply each earpiece.
My vote is Double Helix Cables and ask for a 2.5 mm TRRS balanced Eidolic connector (the DP-X1 outputs balanced via 2.5 mm TRRS).

Got em 10min ago :D

EMS to Belgium
12680 yen total declared value + 2400 postage = 15080 yen total value for customs, roughly 117EUR.
I had to pay the postman 41.52EUR (26,52 VAT + 15 administrative fees)

THAT'S AWESOME ENJOY WOOOOOO!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #3,004 of 16,326
Muhahahahahahaha, sorry about your wallet!

Great choice and welcome to the club!

Balanced audio is the idea that left and right channels have their own signal and ground signal separately.
  1. You can have a DAC supply two amps, and each amp supplies left and right channels a separate signal.
  2. Or two DAC's (one per channel) and two amps (one per channel). This is what the Onkyo DP-X1 can do.
  3. Or four DAC's and four amps. This last one is known as dual-differential balanced, and is extreme. A true dual-differential DAC has two in phase and two out of phase DAC's/channel. A true dual-differential amp is the same.
    Usually not found in integrated systems as dual-differential DAC's and amps are big, so you'll need two components.
    No DAP has this tech, too big and extreme atm

Thankyou sir!

Does the Onkyo have a balnced output, if so how can i get my SD-3's to take advantage of this!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #3,005 of 16,326
Guys, please stop mentioning 'My parcel was marked lower at XXXXyen' or similar, you aren't doing yourself or us any favors.
Imagine a scenario where a guy working at customs comes across the posts here, and immediately is suspicious of and retains any parcel marked XXXXyen for review.
You'd then get hit with the full tax allotted + charged for tax evasion.

As it stands, I do not think there is the need to declare openly on an open forum about your potentially law-breaking act.
(especially @TheOneInYellow, WOW you posted some really specific stuff about your parcel)

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #3,006 of 16,326
my DPA-GL033 just arrived! My friend bought it for me from Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku.

The touch experience is not as nice as directly touching the stock glass, but it's really close. It's really easy to apply (I failed several times but it still sticks to the glass perfectly). I really recommend this official screen protector.

Awesome! My Onkyo DP-X1 is coming with the DPA-GL033 tempered glass screen protector, so I'm glad there's feedback on it.
Will use and apply on my DP-X1 straight away!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #3,007 of 16,326
Guys, please stop mentioning 'My parcel was marked lower at XXXXyen' or similar, you aren't doing yourself or us any favors.
Imagine a scenario where a guy working at customs comes across the posts here, and immediately is suspicious of and retains any parcel marked XXXXyen for review.
You'd then get hit with the full tax allotted + charged for tax evasion.

As it stands, I do not think there is the need to declare openly on an open forum about your potentially law-breaking act.
(especially @TheOneInYellow
, WOW you posted some really specific stuff about your parcel)

You are correct.

Oops

:wink:

And the specific stuff I've posted is more to help others track their parcels, and my journey.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3,008 of 16,326
  Thankyou sir!

Does the Onkyo have a balnced output, if so how can i get my SD-3's to take advantage of this!

DP-X1 has a 3.5mm output (Single ended) and a 2.5mm output (balanced). In order to take advantage of balanced settings (normal balanced & ACG), you need to invest in a balanced cable. Please make sure you're getting a cable with 2.5mm balanced jack, not 3.5mm balanced jack. 

Astell&Kern uses 2.5mm balanced output for their devices, while HiFiMan players use 3.5mm balanced players.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #3,009 of 16,326
Thankyou sir!

I slightly edited my original post to clarify, but yes.

Here's a quote of my edit:

In order for your Stagedriver's to operate in balanced, you will need a new cable to supply each earpiece.
My vote is Double Helix Cables and ask for a 2.5 mm TRRS balanced Eidolic connector (the DP-X1 outputs balanced via 2.5 mm TRRS).

callizer posted just before I did but he is also correct.

All single ended (SE, also known as unbalanced) devices use a TRS connector (6.3 mm or 3.5 mm).
Balanced devices have multiple connections, but for sake of this thread, you will need a TRRS connector; in the case of DP-X1 that is a 2.5 mm TRRS).

Onkyo DP-X1 has both SE 3.5 mm TRS and balanced 2.5 mm TRRS.

Hope that helps

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #3,011 of 16,326

Got em 10min ago
biggrin.gif

EMS to Belgium
12680 yen total declared value + 2400 postage = 15080 yen total value for customs, roughly 117EUR.
I had to pay the postman 41.52EUR (26,52 VAT + 15 administrative fees)

Lucky you! Enjoy :)

You got the best case scenario then, just VAT and fees good!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #3,013 of 16,326
I slightly edited my original post to clarify, but yes.

Here's a quote of my edit:
@callizer posted just before I did but he is also correct.

All single ended (SE, also known as unbalanced) devices use a TRS connector (6.3 mm or 3.5 mm).
Balanced devices have multiple connections, but for sake of this thread, you will need a TRRS connector; in the case of DP-X1 that is a 2.5 mm TRRS).

Onkyo DP-X1 has both SE 3.5 mm TRS and balanced 2.5 mm TRRS.

Hope that helps

Dyam...I Those cables are not cheap!
Will balanced mode make a discernable difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back