ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 12, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #2,986 of 16,326
Anyone from India ordered/Received this from forum.
PriceJapan dispatched mine on 7th and arrived in Mumbai on 10/01/15 still says in Customs...anyone can throw some light as how many days it takes to clear customs.
And as its declared value is 12000 Yen will there be a problem and will custom automatically revise it's value or consificate the item.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #2,987 of 16,326
I hope mine get released from customs, right now I since JapanPost and Chronopost had little updates I went to http://www.ems.post/tracking and got additional updates but always the same message "Held for customs inspection" (JapanPost just says "At Custom" and the french delivery service, Chronopost has even less detail...).

We'll see how this turns out...
Tracking is really not very informative, maybe should have gone Fedex

Sorry to hear that dude, hopefully you'll get better updates soon.

In my case Parcel Force had my DP-X1 at the UK International Hub (unsure if PF's own hub or actual national hub).
However the status has changed to 'Sorted' at 09:47 GMT, and it's now at National Hub.

If we use my information as a template, I think your DP-X1 parcel was being evaluated if it needs a charge, but in fact it has been cleared of customs! The original Japanese Tracking Number will most likely have now changed to a local one (your country, with a county specific number), thus why you have not seen new info from the old tracking number.
The reason I say this is because that's exactly what's happened to me. My first tracking number was from Japan to UK, but once my parcel changed from International Hub to National Hub after being released from customs, I got a UK tracking number.

I urge you to check if you have a new local country tracking number asap.

I'm absolutely sure that the delivery for my Onkyo DP-X1 (plus Onkyo DPA-GL033 tempered glass screen protector) will happen very soon, but I am unclear if I still needs to pay a charge.
What could happen (most likely but not what I want to see happen) is that it'll be delivered to my local city's distribution centre, then I'll be informed of a charge, pay, and then either ask for delivery or pick up myself.
If (and unlikely) it gets delivered to me direct (without charge) HUZZAH!

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #2,988 of 16,326
Anyone from India ordered/Received this from forum.
PriceJapan dispatched mine on 7th and arrived in Mumbai on 10/01/15 still says in Customs...anyone can throw some light as how many days it takes to clear customs.
And as its declared value is 12000 Yen will there be a problem and will custom automatically revise it's value or consificate the item.

Have a look at my post above dude.

To everyone, please be aware that the first tracking number you received is for Japan to your country.
It is likely that you'll have a new tracking number specific to your country.

As for custom charges, it's 50/50 as to whether you'll get charged or not. There is no guarantee.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #2,989 of 16,326
Ordered Onkyo DP-X1 on 3rd December with option 3-years warranty...

Yesterday received e-mail from Pricejapan that option 3-years warranty is no longer offered (since December) by Onkyo.
Means quality of Onkyo products go down... ??? To many warranty claims?
Including DP-X1?

No dude. Importing anything abroad means warranty becomes invalidated.
This is because warranty only applies to a product released in the country it is based in.
An Onkyo DP-X1 released in Japan means warranty applies to Japan only.
If it is released in US (around April at $899.99, see my previous post) then it will have a US warranty.

As the DP-X1 is not released internationally yet, there will be no warranty via Onkyo to those who exported it out of Japan. Or to put in another way, Onkyo will not support international customers who imported the DP-X1 into their own country.

However, PriceJapan.com will help in warranty claims and repair as long as you can fork out the shipping costs to and from.
All those who imported via PriceJapan.com has this (unless they have informed yourself otherwise).

Originally I think PriceJapan.com tried to cover those shipping costs as their own three year warranty but this may have not panned out.
Contact Kaneda at PriceJapan immediately to see about this three year warranty you paid to them.

NONE of the above has any indication or implication on the workmanship of the Onkyo DP-X1; that is a side subject completely.
I should add that, thus far, there has been little to no information about any issues with the DP-X1 that would warrant either a repair or warranty claim from current owners (as far as others and myself have seen or made have been made aware of).

Your three year warranty with PriceJapandarekpawel.com is an issue with yourself and them; it has nothing to do with Onkyo or workmanship.
Once again, please contact PriceJapan.com as soon as you can.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #2,990 of 16,326
  In SE mode, playing normal MP3, I am getting 18 - 19 hours. When it comes to DSF 5.6 Mhz files, this drops to 11 - 12 hours. 
In balanced mode, playing normal MP3 without ACG, I am getting 12 - 13 hours. Have not tried ACG mode yet but would be shorter than this duration. 

Just to add, all the above is achieved with stand-alone mode (meaning anything non-audio will be turned off, unless the power button is depressed to resume back to normal). That said, the battery life span is quite good, in my opinion. I am currently testing the battery life when hooked onto to my HD800 in balanced mode and very happy to say it's giving me more than 10 hours and it can power the HD800 quite well (though not very powerful as compared to those dedicated amps) and musically pleasing to the ears. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #2,991 of 16,326
@theoneinyellow waiting with baited breath to find out what happens. I ordered my dpx1 with pricejapan and EMS (to the UK) and decided not to pay for fast shipping or the case (figured I would wait to see what other options come out). So, hoping I don't need to pay a customs charge (or that they are reading this forum!)

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #2,992 of 16,326
Sorry to hear that dude, hopefully you'll get better updates soon.
If we use my information as a template, I think your DP-X1 parcel was being evaluated if it needs a charge, but in fact it has been cleared of customs! The original Japanese Tracking Number will most likely have now changed to a local one (your country, with a county specific number), thus why you have not seen new info from the old tracking number.
The reason I say this is because that's exactly what's happened to me. My first tracking number was from Japan to UK, but once my parcel changed from International Hub to National Hub after being released from customs, I got a UK tracking number.

I urge you to check if you have a new local country tracking number asap.

Hey, thanks :)
In fact I did have a notice that they attributed a number, they just don't provide it and you can track the package on Chronopost website with the original tracking number.

I think the updates are lagging.
Bottom line, it's in customs I have to hope for the best and expect the worst :)

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #2,993 of 16,326
I should count myself lucky with custom tax. I used FedEx delivery and had to paid only 20 $ for the tax. I think 12,000 yen invoice made by PriceJapan works in my case.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,994 of 16,326
Just to add, all the above is achieved with stand-alone mode (meaning anything non-audio will be turned off, unless the power button is depressed to resume back to normal). That said, the battery life span is quite good, in my opinion. I am currently testing the battery life when hooked onto to my HD800 in balanced mode and very happy to say it's giving me more than 10 hours and it can power the HD800 quite well (though not very powerful as compared to those dedicated amps) and musically pleasing to the ears. 

This is simply amazing Crazypaladin!
I know of no other DAP with similar specs that can do this, or even stacks!

As I use my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for almost everything, daily (it's usually always on and in use!), I won't need to do the same for the Onkyo DP-X1. If I need to do something with Android, I'll use my S6 Edge Plus.
That said, I will activate the Android Developer Options and select 'Stay awake' while charging option; this will allow the screen to stay on as long as it is charging. When I'm at home the DP-X1 will be on charge whilst I use it, so I'll keep the screen on (again, when in use).

If you want to know how to access Developer Options:

1. Go to Settings,
  2. Scroll the bottom and press About,
  3. Click Software Version,
  4. Click the Build Version numerous times. You will see a small message on the remainder of times to hit Build Version before unlocking Developer Mode
  5. Go back out twice, or go to Settings and scroll down. Developer Options will now be above About,
  6. Enjoy!

I do wonder if you can change the battery of the DP-X1; any current users care to elaborate?

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #2,996 of 16,326
@theoneinyellow waiting with baited breath to find out what happens. I ordered my dpx1 with pricejapan and EMS (to the UK) and decided not to pay for fast shipping or the case (figured I would wait to see what other options come out). So, hoping I don't need to pay a customs charge (or that they are reading this forum!)

I sincerely hope you'll get your DP-X1 sooner than later, with hopefully no or small charge.
Keep us informed.

Hey, thanks :)
In fact I did have a notice that they attributed a number, they just don't provide it and you can track the package on Chronopost website with the original tracking number.

I think the updates are lagging.
Bottom line, it's in customs I have to hope for the best and expect the worst :)

Have a quick word with them, either today or tomorrow, if the status doesn't change.

Good luck!

I should count myself lucky with custom tax. I used FedEx delivery and had to paid only 20 $ for the tax. I think 12,000 yen invoice made by PriceJapan works in my case.

ENVIOUS!

If I get charged I can only hope it'll be a small fee...

I do not think the battery is user replaceable. The unit is quite well sealed. 

Balls; well I'll be careful about using it and not do long charges...

As much as i want to, I'll give it an initial one hour charge before use whilst gently caressing it...

Hey, we audiophiles are a weird (yet awesome) bunch of folks and have our own quirks :wink:

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #2,997 of 16,326
I sincerely hope you'll get your DP-X1 sooner than later, with hopefully no or small charge.
Keep us informed.
Have a quick word with them, either today or tomorrow, if the status doesn't change.

Thanks, I will call of course, and report down the line. If other french people want to do the same thing I might be able to give an idea of what to expect or maybe choose FedEx over EMS. 

It's an import, if I need to pay, I will that's the game.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #2,998 of 16,326
I hope everyone here could have their DP-X1 soon, especially TheOneInYellow Need more full review for the Onkyo in Head-Fi. For me my excuse is I still lack of experience and my English is not that good XD

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #2,999 of 16,326
So i ordered a DP-X1 along with the case and screen protector...The whole lot should be shipping in around 3 weeks.
You guys broke my resolve and i had to buy it...

As my daily im currently using my BB Passport which sounds fantastic to say the least...So i'm really looking forward to this X1!!!

I have a question...What is balanced? I keep reading this? Am i able to balance my Stagediver SD-3's?

Cheers guys...and thanks!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #3,000 of 16,326

Got em 10min ago :D

EMS to Belgium
12680 yen total declared value + 2400 postage = 15080 yen total value for customs, roughly 117EUR.
I had to pay the postman 41.52EUR (26,52 VAT + 15 administrative fees)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back