ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 12, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #2,016 of 16,326

I got this tempered glass from yodobashi camera.

It's much better than the protective film from onkyo. Far less fingerprint smudges.

PM me if you can buy me one and ship to Belgium

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #2,017 of 16,326

Ahh, that'd be unfortunate. The Sony NW-ZX2's eq works with everything. Can anyone confirm?
I wonder if the Pioneer XDP100R is the same. 

Reviews I've read of the Pioneer confirm that EQ operates only within the player app.

The only Android device I know of that has a 100% global EQ is the Marshall London.

The Onkyo EQ does not work with third party apps, only the proprietary music player.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #2,021 of 16,326
Is this confirmed?

It is,  take a look at few posts back. The only thing i don't like about Onkyo is there is no folder browsing as Pioneer. It seems the UI on Pioneer is better and it has longer battery life

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #2,022 of 16,326
It is,  take a look at few posts back. The only thing i don't like about Onkyo is there is no folder browsing as Pioneer. It seems the UI on Pioneer is better and it has longer battery life

Unless I'm missing something, I've only seen reference to Custom Cable saying they were "unable to comment".

I'd take that to indicate that a European/Worldwide release is still a distinct possibility.

They might even sort out their UI before any release ... here's hoping :D

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #2,025 of 16,326

No, you should check Pioneer. Onkyo is only exclusive in Japan

That's not true at all.

Onkyo held an official launch event in Hong Kong already, so they definitely have plans to sell overseas.  The way I see it is because demand is so big in Japan they are caught off guard with supply issues and will try to satisfy domestic demand first before pushing it in overseas markets.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back