ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #1,997 of 16,326

That is why there is a tempered glass for the DP-X1 and Pioneer XDP-100r.

Do you know where i can get one as well as the case? Thanks

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #1,998 of 16,326
Just tested the DPX1 just now from a personal friend. I'm sold.
Based on my memory with the Pioneer, Onkyo is another level definitely.
Also tested the X7, the X7 is too clean/clinical for my taste.

Thank you for sharing your impression DP-X1 vs. Pioneer.. Did you listen to the Onkyo using the balanced out or single ended / regular headphone out?

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,000 of 16,326
Does the EQ work for all audio apps like Spotify and Tidal, or does it only work with the built-in music player app?

Thanks.

My exp with other daps, none of them ever had a stock EQ that worked with third-parites app. If you use third-parties, you have to stick with its own setting

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #2,003 of 16,326

Ahh, that'd be unfortunate. The Sony NW-ZX2's eq works with everything. Can anyone confirm?
I wonder if the Pioneer XDP100R is the same. 

Reviews I've read of the Pioneer confirm that EQ operates only within the player app.

The only Android device I know of that has a 100% global EQ is the Marshall London.

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2,004 of 16,326

The only Android device I know of that has a 100% global EQ is the Marshall London.

And the Sony NW-ZX2. Sorry, I just re-read my post and it was really misleading. The ZX2's eq works with Spotify etc, I was looking for confirmation that the Onkyo's one doesn't.
Can't wait for more comparisons between the Pioneer and Onkyo too. Looks like the Onkyo is out of stock everywhere.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #2,006 of 16,326

And the Sony NW-ZX2. Sorry, I just re-read my post and it was really misleading. The ZX2's eq works with Spotify etc, I was looking for confirmation that the Onkyo's one doesn't.
Can't wait for more comparisons between the Pioneer and Onkyo too. Looks like the Onkyo is out of stock everywhere.

So the ZX2's EQ (like the London's) works across everything on the phone including games?

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #2,008 of 16,326

If you let me know what game or app to try, I'll test it out when I get home later. It definitely works with Spotify.

Any apps or games you can try would be fine. Thanks.

If it works with each one you try that would be great. Would take the guess work out of what apps to use.

This stuff reminds me of Smart TVs that only do certain content compared to a HTPC that can do it all. Plus, ALL the sound can be routed to a receiver/speakers/soundbar. Imagine if only some stuff worked with your 5.1 sound system and you were forced to use the crappy TV speakers for everything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back