ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 11, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,982 of 16,326
Anyone interested in a pair of Onkyo in-ears to pair up with their new DAP (when it arrives)? I've a pair of practically new Onkyo IE-CTI300(S) I'm selling.

Dynamic, 14.3mm drivers, detachable cables - & recommended by Jude.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,983 of 16,326
Onkyo SE outputs 75mW+75mW and balanced, 150mW+150mW.
Doesn't the fact necessarily mean only one DAC is used in SE and two in balanced?
Anybody?

First of all, don't quote the full post but remove the pictures when u quote.
It is incredibly frustrating to read, esp. on a mobile device.

Output power is from the amp section and is in no way indicative of whether one or two DAC chips are used.

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,984 of 16,326
so i got the lg v10 as well as the mojo

now i think i do not like sabre dac as to be honest the lg v10 sounds not to my liking so cold dry and analytical and lacks musicality

i see the onkyo uses the same dac and this got me worried about sound sig, do all sabre dacs have the same sound sig

as for the mojo man this tiny piece of device is as musical and amazing as one can dream of

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #1,985 of 16,326

now i think i do not like sabre dac as to be honest the lg v10 sounds not to my liking so cold dry and analytical and lacks musicality

i see the onkyo uses the same dac and this got me worried about sound sig, do all sabre dacs have the same sound sig

as for the mojo man this tiny piece of device is as musical and amazing as one can dream of

it's musical enough for me, each to their own taste. Bored of ZX2 honestly. Listened to Mojo, not even more musical than zx2

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,986 of 16,326

IMHO, I would say so, yes. Except in the most expensive desktop/rack DACs. In addition to being dry, I also find Sabre to be a bit harsh on the ears.

Your choices are more limited in the DAP world though. And I would be willing to live with the deficincies of Sabre. I'd be surprised if the Onkyo wasn't a couple steps up from the LG as well.

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,987 of 16,326
  it's musical enough for me, each to their own taste. Bored of ZX2 honestly. Listened to Mojo, not even more musical than zx2

u mean the zx2 is more musical than the mojo

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,988 of 16,326
  u mean the zx2 is more musical than the mojo

Yes, ZX2 is very musical. It's very thick, warm sounding device with extended treble. Thats how Sony stuffs are tailored for - Music lovers

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,989 of 16,326
  Yes, ZX2 is very musical. It's very thick, warm sounding device with extended treble. Thats how Sony stuffs are tailored for - Music lovers

actually that is the sound sig i am after then in the zx2, so is the onkyo the complete opposite 

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #1,990 of 16,326
  actually that is the sound sig i am after then in the zx2, so is the onkyo the complete opposite 

Onkyo is not on the opposite. It's still on the warmer side and not bright but atleast it's more clear

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,991 of 16,326
Dec 12, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,993 of 16,326
I'm seriously having a hard time looking for one of these player in Tokyo....
Yodobashi, Bic, E-earphone and Fujiya all sold out  of them and have no idea when the next batch of stock will be in.....(apparently approx 1 month) 
Just wondering if anyone here from Japan know a faster way in securing one of these DAP, since i wont be here long enough for the next delivery (if its in Jan)
Or if anyone wants to sell theirs 

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #1,994 of 16,326
Just tested the DPX1 just now from a personal friend. I'm sold.
Based on my memory with the Pioneer, Onkyo is another level definitely.
Also tested the X7, the X7 is too clean/clinical for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back