ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 17, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #13,850 of 16,326
guess my amp doesnt have balanced in.... coz most balanced in amps i see have xlr inputs.... mine just has plain jane red and black posts.....  thanks for the response though....
red and black RCA is also balance input as they don't share common ground pole. The xlr it has one pin for shielding I think.

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #13,852 of 16,326
I just have 2 group members using the 2.5 line out to 2 RCA (the other member is to 2 xlr), one member claims the result is better than his CD player.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #13,854 of 16,326
The dpx1 can drive the hd650 and the hd600 even in single ended, but its not ideal... if its a matter of whether it technically can then yes, and its good enough based on my experience, especially with the hd600 (moreso using balanced) but these cans really show their true worth when paired with more powerful amps.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #13,856 of 16,326
Hey guys!

Ive also got the dp-y1 and have some dumb questions:

The player is connected with my noble audio katanas via a plussoundaudio balanced cable. I still need to put the amp to medium and the volume to 140-160. shouldnt i need less when im driving my iems in balanced mode?

Also would i be able to connect my dp-x1 to my schiit lyr2 amp at home?

Last but not least: does anyone know when well be able to buy the x1a in eu?

Thanks guys!

Best regards,

Steve

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #13,857 of 16,326
Hey guys!

The player is connected with my noble audio katanas via a plussoundaudio balanced cable. I still need to put the amp to medium and the volume to 140-160. shouldnt i need less when im driving my iems in balanced mode?

Thanks guys!

Best regards,

Steve

Do you have the EU Version of the DPX-1? Then it is likely that you have not activated "Variable Line Output" in the sound settings. It will bypass the EU restriction for outptut levels.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #13,858 of 16,326
Hey guys!

Thanks guys!

Best regards,

Steve

Refer to #13852 about amp connection.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #13,860 of 16,326
Hey guys!

Thanks guys!

Best regards,

Steve

Check your audio gain setting, it must be on LOW2 and that is why you need 140-160. Audio gain can be found in setting->sound and notifications->Gain setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back