ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 16, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #13,831 of 16,326
so, my 2.5mm jack broke. Does anyone know a way to fix it in Europe? I send a mail to the closest service center listed on the Netherlands website but I got zero response. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #13,835 of 16,326
  Anyone manage to open their X1 n order to see the damage and figure out maybe how to properly reinforce it?

I did not but you can look at the picture from  Fcc declaration

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=%2B1Pw%2By44q6dfllPU8yHZEA%3D%3D&fcc_id=2AE79-2015DAP

scroll to internal picture

I am pretty sure It is like most phone Firephone  or Iphone you need a suction cup to lift the screen go on you tube there are a lot of videos showing how to do it.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #13,837 of 16,326
It sounds like the battery is mostly solved with the DPX1A, but the sockets breaking is still a pretty common issue even if it is significantly less than it was on the old model.  Seems like a lot of money to spend on something that breaks so quickly.  I might be better of going with something cheaper I guess?  Or are these problems with the DPX1A very rare unlike the original DPX1?

Cheers

Riley

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #13,839 of 16,326
It sounds like the battery is mostly solved with the DPX1A, but the sockets breaking is still a pretty common issue even if it is significantly less than it was on the old model.  Seems like a lot of money to spend on something that breaks so quickly.  I might be better of going with something cheaper I guess?  Or are these problems with the DPX1A very rare unlike the original DPX1?

Cheers

Riley

Its not really that common even with the dpx1, but if you are in a forum like headfi of course you'll read more of it breaking here. In my case before i got mine there are four dpx1 users in our local audio group and none have broken so far after more than six months already. Just got mine and no problem so far, and even if it does come up with a jack or any issue, my unit also has local onkyo warranty so no prob there :) I'm actually friends with the local store owner and distributor of onkyo in our country and they have received no returns so far on the dpx1.
Those with good units will rarely post here as they are busy listening to its sweet, smooth music :)

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #13,840 of 16,326
Its not really that common even with the dpx1, but if you are in a forum like headfi of course you'll read more of it breaking here. In my case before i got mine there are four dpx1 users in our local audio group and none have broken so far after more than six months already. Just got mine and no problem so far, and even if it does come up with a jack or any issue, my unit also has local onkyo warranty so no prob there
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm actually friends with the local store owner and distributor of onkyo in our country and they have received no returns so far on the dpx1.
Those with good units will rarely post here as they are busy listening to its sweet, smooth music
smily_headphones1.gif

That is great.  I hope my budget permits to buy a DPX1A soon then.  Money is just really tight this year.

Thank you

Riley

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #13,841 of 16,326
anybody here know if the "line out" setting for the jacks on the DPX1 works on both the 3.5 and the 2.5 Balanced out?  the reason im asking is coz im thinking of connecting the DPX1 to  my home system and was hoping i could also get the benefit of balanced out in the interconnect process....

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #13,842 of 16,326
  anybody here know if the "line out" setting for the jacks on the DPX1 works on both the 3.5 and the 2.5 Balanced out?  the reason im asking is coz im thinking of connecting the DPX1 to  my home system and was hoping i could also get the benefit of balanced out in the interconnect process....

Yes, it has both 2.5 and 3.5 line out.

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #13,843 of 16,326
I need help deciding on a purchase. Hopefully someone here can help. I currently have a Fiio x3i, looking to setup a better overall system between that and my pioneer sx1010 I have at home. Currently the x3 I use on the go with havi b3p1 or 1morw triples, as well as my t50rp. At home it serves as a dac to my sx1010 which gets used for my he4s and t50rps. I was looking at getting a ifi micro dsd black label, which would be used with the x3 still as a transport only. Or getting this onkyo dpx1 and just selling the x3. Anyone have any opinions on overall sonic performance differences between these? I realize one is a balanced dap, and one is just a portable dac/amp. I don't need the Bluetooth and all that stuff that the onkyo has as I can just use my galaxy s7 as a source for streaming into the ifi. Help me help me help me.

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #13,845 of 16,326

Looks like those jacks are surrounded on 3 sides by PCB, so I am surprised they're breaking.
When they break, do they stop working, or does just the top ring come off?

​in my case, it got loose and then completely distorted the sound coming through.

then I got curious and noticed the 3.5mm jack could also be "toggled" around. So I sent a video to the seller and they were like "oh... yeah that's definitely not right.. we'll send you a replacement"

if  anyone wants a video of it, I can pm them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back