ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #13,516 of 16,326
My player actually dropped on its side and the screen is broken, well not shattered but it loonger works. I can't belive it when I heard it drop I knew that was the end, I think it has a warranty but bet it would cost a lot to repair!.. anyone think I should just sell it on ebay or try to get it repaired ?

Sad days, love this player

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #13,517 of 16,326
My player actually dropped on its side and the screen is broken, well not shattered but it loonger works. I can't belive it when I heard it drop I knew that was the end, I think it has a warranty but bet it would cost a lot to repair!.. anyone think I should just sell it on ebay or try to get it repaired ?

Sorry to hear this. If I were you I would try bring it to a phone repair shop and see if they have any option to replace the screen. Opening up the device will not be easy but I think it can be done. Doesn't matter if you break the screen, because it already malfunctions (or at least the conductive grid in the screen) so it can be replaced.

you can forget about warranty, because this most likely is not covered.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #13,518 of 16,326
  Sorry to hear this. If I were you I would try bring it to a phone repair shop and see if they have any option to replace the screen. Opening up the device will not be easy but I think it can be done. Doesn't matter if you break the screen, because it already malfunctions (or at least the conductive grid in the screen) so it can be replaced.

you can forget about warranty, because this most likely is not covered.

Sad together...
Only advice - you need to find good guy who can replace screen. No chance for warranty repairs.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #13,519 of 16,326

Last chance is find a seller in Japan and send it back. Onkyo japan is known to replace easy to save the trouble.  I remembered one guy dropped his unit to unrecoverable and still got warranty by Onkyo japan.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #13,521 of 16,326
  please help me decide the IEM that will pair best with dp-x1

options are- fidue 83, sennheiser IE 80, sony mdr 7550 or ibaaso i03

thank you

Ibasso IT03.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #13,524 of 16,326

thank you

It's not really what iem will pair best with the dpx1 and xdp300r. Everyone will end up listing their current iem.

You should look into which iem will fit the sound you're looking for first.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #13,525 of 16,326
It's not really what iem will pair best with the dpx1 and xdp300r. Everyone will end up listing their current iem.

Agreed. 

As member of a large user group of dp-x1/100R/300R owners, I was usually ask the question which IEM will fit this DAP.

After one year of search , I have come up with a low price IEM that can start their journey of hi-res music.

The one IEM we have selected is: Audio Technica ath-e40 (price: $99).

The reason for it is that the price point is low so everyone can afford. And this IEM emphasize on Vocal which is a must-have for most users.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #13,526 of 16,326

A bit jaded/cynical, but probably accurate.

My 2 cents-worth (likely over-priced) is that it's all about matching source and transducers which synergistically support your sound preferences (couldn't resist wandering into marketing speak).

Seriously though, this device is fairly neutral, with excellent sound staging. Probably leans more towards 'analytical' than 'musical', so I presume some pairings might lead to a fatiguing sound sig (for example, I'd like to hear from someone who's paired this with Etys). Also, if you prefer a more 'intimate' sound stage, some pairings might be too big/open.

I've been comparing it to an Opus 1, and trying out some iBasso IT03s (along with my Frogbeats C5 & Aurisonics AS-2 CIEMs).  I like the DP-IT03 pairing very much (now that I am using the 'right' tips with the it03s).  VERY open and airy, with excellent detail and a big sound stage with very resolved imaging. Definitely not 'intimate'.  Bass is also very tight and resolved, with a notable lack of 'muddiness'.  I don't hear the pairing to be 'bass-heavy', but certainly hear a 'satisfying' amount of bass.  I'd call the sound sig more 'bright' than 'warm'.  Similar to the Onkyo with my Frogbeats, and much brighter than with my Aurisonics.  In fact, overall, the pairing is very close to the C5s.

Since you mentioned the iBasso, I assume they're within your price tolerance. A point to consider might be cables.  This device has two output jacks (3.5mm single-ended stereo, and 2.5mm TRRS balanced).  The iBasso uses MMCX connectors, so (depending on what you already have in-hand) you might be looking at some significant expenditure for new cables, especially if you ant to go balanced.

I should mention that the IT03s are a bit large in the ear.  Nearly as big as my CIEMs -- some folks will find that unacceptable.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #13,527 of 16,326

thank you

Ibasso IT03.... but also very great sinergy with Dunu-DN2002

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #13,529 of 16,326
I just got my 2-pin balanced cable for my CIEMs today, so I'll be able to say where I notice a significant difference in sound quality vs single-ended with those.  Not going to to get MMCX balanced cable for the IT03s, since I won't keep them, and my son doesn't have a balanced source (the iBassos are a gift).

I'll post later tonight or tomorrow.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #13,530 of 16,326

It is not always the case specially for my listening of classical I got the 1more 3 drivers and they do not sound good at all  with DP- X1a, too bassy in a bad way difficult to describe but the same one with foobar and Mojo are very good the bass is still there but it is melting perfectly with the low mids in a very smooth way.I cannot blame DP- X1a because the main feature of the Mojo for me anyway,is most of the headphone sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back