ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 3, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #13,532 of 16,326
The Lock Range adjustment and Digital filters are applied at the Sabre DAC level and they definitely affect the sound of Spotify and Tidal. So streaming is certainly processed properly. Also, theres a jump if you change te settings whist Streaming. QED.
mate, I've been trying to tell people this here over and over again...

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #13,536 of 16,326
  Anyone know where to purchase a USA Version of the DP-X1A? Im leary as hell about purchasing an international version in case there is an issue with it.

no chance of you getting one anytime soon, they haven't given a release date for USA yet
edit: It also appears that they are going up in price with the USA demand

I bought the black one from Amazon Japan via Buyer for less than that

I like the fit and the button tactile feel plus protects very well

thanks so much for letting me know! is there a screen protector already on it?:

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #13,537 of 16,326

no chance of you getting one anytime soon, they haven't given a release date for USA yet
edit: It also appears that they are going up in price with the USA demand

thanks so much for letting me know! is there a screen protector already on it?:

Well that solves that problem. I'll stick with my iphone 7 Plus+Audioquest Red Dragonfly for now. I cant see dropping 800 + bucks on something that can go bad and I'm left holding my joint with zero warranty. Ive read throughout this string about the headphone jacks being screwed up on the DP-X1 so thats a no-go in my book. I had thought about the Astell+Kern AK300 or even the 120ii but I guess for now this is life telling me to wait.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #13,538 of 16,326
  Well that solves that problem. I'll stick with my iphone 7 Plus+Audioquest Red Dragonfly for now. I cant see dropping 800 + bucks on something that can go bad and I'm left holding my joint with zero warranty. I had thought about the Astell+Kern AK300 or even the 120ii but I guess for now this is life telling me to wait.

that's why I bought it from ebay with a 2 year squaretrade accident warranty. I paid about 650, was more expensive that amazon.co.jp but I wanted the warranty incase anything happens like if I drop it.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #13,539 of 16,326
  I just got my 2-pin balanced cable for my CIEMs today, so I'll be able to say where I notice a significant difference in sound quality vs single-ended with those.  Not going to to get MMCX balanced cable for the IT03s, since I won't keep them, and my son doesn't have a balanced source (the iBassos are a gift).

I'll post later tonight or tomorrow.

Interesting results.  I could hear differences, but pretty subtle ones.  With both CIEMs the sound-stage got just a bit larger.  

With the C5s, imaging became even more defined (location of instruments more specific.)  Also, maybe the bass is raised up a bit in the mix.

With the AS2s, the bass got even a bit clearer (when a bass drum or tom-tom strike and a bass note overlap, each is more distinct).

Less dramatic differences with the Opus -- I could probably be convinced that it's the placebo effect, especially since the changes I hear are similar to those from the DP-X1.  Of course, you shouldn't discount the possibility that the cable change, not switching to balanced that causes some/all of the perceived differences.

If anything, I'd say you should expect results which are similar to what I had with the C5s if you move the IT-03 from single-ended to balanced.

Reading this, I realize it's probably completely un-helpful.  Sorry 
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #13,541 of 16,326
My player actually dropped on its side and the screen is broken, well not shattered but it loonger works. I can't belive it when I heard it drop I knew that was the end, I think it has a warranty but bet it would cost a lot to repair!.. anyone think I should just sell it on ebay or try to get it repaired ?

Sad days, love this player

I dropped my DP-X1A when I received it. There was no physical damage but it apparently shut itself down for 24 hours due to the impact. When I still thought it was broken I called Onkyo USA as well as an authorized service center in California that was listed on the Onkyo web site. The repair center said that they charge a $65 analysis fee which they will apply towards any work that's performed on the unit. I'd suggest calling them and seeing if they'd give you a quote to repair the screen. Given my unit was Japanese and not warrantied, I thought the cost of having it diagnosed/fixed was reasonable and the California service center had very good reviews (which wasn't the case with the small one man service center in my state).

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #13,542 of 16,326
  I dropped my DP-X1A when I received it. There was no physical damage but it apparently shut itself down for 24 hours due to the impact. When I still thought it was broken I called Onkyo USA as well as an authorized service center in California that was listed on the Onkyo web site. The repair center said that they charge a $65 analysis fee which they will apply towards any work that's performed on the unit. I'd suggest calling them and seeing if they'd give you a quote to repair the screen. Given my unit was Japanese and not warrantied, I thought the cost of having it diagnosed/fixed was reasonable and the California service center had very good reviews (which wasn't the case with the small one man service center in my state).

why didn't you contact onkyo JP?

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #13,543 of 16,326
I tried...I actually contacted Amazon Japan and they filled out a repair request in Japanese for me to send to Onkyo Japan, but Onkyo Japan ignored the repair form and never responded. The Amazon people in Japan were extremely helpful, but Onkyo Japan is not helpful and I read they have issues with their web forms and frequently do not reply to repair requests submitted through their web site, which is in Japanese and requests a considerable amount of information be supplied.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #13,545 of 16,326
I tried...I actually contacted Amazon Japan and they filled out a repair request in Japanese for me to send to Onkyo Japan, but Onkyo Japan ignored the repair form and never responded. The Amazon people in Japan were extremely helpful, but Onkyo Japan is not helpful and I read they have issues with their web forms and frequently do not reply to repair requests submitted through their web site, which is in Japanese and requests a considerable amount of information be supplied.

Since it won't be covered under warranty and you will have to pay for the shipping both way, try to contact Onkyo USA instead even if they do not carry the xp-1a the screen is the same for xp-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back