ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 24, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #13,189 of 16,326
I did some reading on this thread (not an easy task, considering there are 880 pages!), and it looks like the dual DACs are only supported from Onkyio built in player. In other words, no dual DACs are supported from third party music apps (such as Tidal), even if using it in "balanced" mode with balanced cables coming from the 2.5 mm balanced output to balanced-compatible headphones.

Is that correct?

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #13,190 of 16,326
Just got the X1A! It took forever to startup... but WOW coming from the fiio x7, I have to immediately say it looks and feels much better. Also, the screen is beautiful. Updating firmware now, then I'll download Spotify and tidal, and compare to a few flac files I have.

edit: welp, the battery went from 20% to 0% in about half of a song.. gonna have to recharge it to make sure there isn't a battery issue.

The interface is very smooth, but for some reason neutron won't allow me to change the volume while in its app.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #13,191 of 16,326
  I did some reading on this thread (not an easy task, considering there are 880 pages!), and it looks like the dual DACs are only supported from Onkyio built in player. In other words, no dual DACs are supported from third party music apps (such as Tidal), even if using it in "balanced" mode with balanced cables coming from the 2.5 mm balanced output to balanced-compatible headphones.

Is that correct?

Anybody knows this? If that's the case, I am returning the Onkyo. I bought it just for the streaming Tidal HiFi from the Tidal app. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #13,192 of 16,326
Just got the X1A! It took forever to startup... but WOW coming from the fiio x7, I have to immediately say it looks and feels much better. Also, the screen is beautiful. Updating firmware now, then I'll download Spotify and tidal, and compare to a few flac files I have.

edit: welp, the battery went from 20% to 0% in about half of a song.. gonna have to recharge it to make sure there isn't a battery issue.

The interface is very smooth, but for some reason neutron won't allow me to change the volume while in its app.

Let's know when you have news about battery and sound quality comparsion. 

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #13,193 of 16,326
  Let's know when you have news about battery and sound quality comparsion. 

​I will soon.... currently waiting for the X-DAP software to finish transferring songs... it's painstakingly slow.

After that I'll A/B test the difference between tidal and my tracks. So far I'm using Spotify at 320kbps, it's powering my HD6XX very well.

in terms of performance this thing is a champ.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #13,194 of 16,326
​I will soon.... currently waiting for the X-DAP software to finish transferring songs... it's painstakingly slow.

After that I'll A/B test the difference between tidal and my tracks. So far I'm using Spotify at 320kbps, it's powering my HD6XX very well.

in terms of performance this thing is a champ.

Did you charge it up to 100% make sure the initial charge was to max.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #13,197 of 16,326
Just to chime in on battery life, I had the Onkyo for a couple days. Battery life for me was horrible. I charged it to 100% before turning it on the first time, and by the time it fully booted it was down to 65%. I decided to return it because of the battery life and because I found it to just be too big. I hope everyone is having better luck than I did with battery life.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #13,198 of 16,326
Please help me decide between dp-x1 and A&K 120 MK2

Dp-x1 brand new $549  or A&K open box works perfect $799

what I'm really interested in is the sound quality, rest is history

TY

AK120ii sounds way much better compared to DP-X1

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #13,199 of 16,326

Is that correct?

Anybody knows this? If that's the case, I am returning the Onkyo. I bought it just for the streaming Tidal HiFi from the Tidal app. Thanks!

I am not sure about this and I hope not, but on top of it with the built it player you cannot browse and so  cannot play DNLA from a wireless network witch is very strange for a WIFI player in those case I am using Hiby Music or USB audio Player.

I just found out the hi gain mode in sound & notification, now I like the sound much better for my demanding IEM

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #13,200 of 16,326
  Please help me decide between dp-x1 and A&K 120 MK2

Dp-x1 brand new $549  or A&K open box works perfect $799

what I'm really interested in is the sound quality, rest is history

TY

​where do you live? DP X1 is showing up as 500 for me on amazon

also, if its an AK120 MK2, just buy it and flip it.. isn't 799 a steal anyway?

and whenever someone tells you "this is better" they should be saying "IMO, this is better"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back