ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 22, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #13,126 of 16,326
  On the DP-X1, go to Settings > Device Information > System Updates

Thanks. I checked my SW version and looks like I'm on it. Don't remember updating it. Weird. But thanks.

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #13,127 of 16,326
In sounds settings on my DP-X1, it offers:
  1. High
  2. Normal
  3. Low 1
  4. Low 2

It was set to default to high. I use it with both IEM's (A + K Michelle's) and cans (Audeze EL-8 Titanium), both with balanced cables.

Any recommendation as to what gain setting I should use?

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #13,128 of 16,326
In sounds settings on my DP-X1, it offers:
  • High
  • Normal
  • Low 1
  • Low 2

It was set to default to high. I use it with both IEM's (A + K Michelle's) and cans (Audeze EL-8 Titanium), both with balanced cables.

Any recommendation as to what gain setting I should use?

the sweet spot is volume > 130. so you may adjust the amp gain to reach that level

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #13,129 of 16,326
Jan 22, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #13,133 of 16,326
Good news!

We have two dp-x1a in our owner group, it seems they can better drive some iem than dp-x1 (xdp-300r). I think the larger capacitors do work to add to its capabilities.

So I will suggest you go for dp-x1a instead of dp-x1/xdp-300r.

Their sound may sound the same on the easy to drive IEM but when more control is needed the dp-x1a will win.

Good job Onkyo!

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #13,134 of 16,326
Good news!

We have two dp-x1a in our owner group, it seems they can better drive some iem than dp-x1 (xdp-300r). I think the larger capacitors do work to add to its capabilities.

So I will suggest you go for dp-x1a instead of dp-x1/xdp-300r.

Their sound may sound the same on the easy to drive IEM but when more control is needed the dp-x1a will win.

Good job Onkyo!

That is great.  Has the battery issue been resolved?  Can the A drive headphones like the V-Moda M100 pretty well?  I find my original Fiio X5 cannot do this.  Only my computers can do this as of right now.  I have no amps, DACs, or other daps to try.  That is all I own dap wise right now.

Cheers

Riley

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #13,135 of 16,326
That is great.  Has the battery issue been resolved?  Can the A drive headphones like the V-Moda M100 pretty well?  I find my original Fiio X5 cannot do this.  Only my computers can do this as of right now.  I have no amps, DACs, or other daps to try.  That is all I own dap wise right now.

Cheers

Riley

I think it can drive the M100. My dpx1 can drive k712.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #13,136 of 16,326
I think it can drive the M100. My dpx1 can drive k712.

Okay.  I have no place to try audio gear because I live in the country over 100 miles from any major city.  the 2 closest being Sacramento and San Francisco.  Sacramento does  not have any audio stores other than a few Magnolia stores that carry very little audio because it is a very small Magnolia store and a pretty small market about small enough not have one really.  It is 2 hours away.  San Francisco is over 3 with the traffic.  That is an all day trip for me. 

Thanks

Riley

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #13,137 of 16,326
Okay.  I have no place to try audio gear because I live in the country over 100 miles from any major city.  the 2 closest being Sacramento and San Francisco.  Sacramento does  not have any audio stores other than a few Magnolia stores that carry very little audio because it is a very small Magnolia store and a pretty small market about small enough not have one really.  It is 2 hours away.  San Francisco is over 3 with the traffic.  That is an all day trip for me. 

Thanks

Riley

Go for dp-x1a. No wonder only in a few months it has released it becomes the No.4 in total sales amount (for year 2016) in e-earphones.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #13,138 of 16,326
Go for dp-x1a. No wonder only in a few months it has released it becomes the No.4 in total sales amount (for year 2016) in e-earphones.

Okay.  Is the battery drainage problem solved on the A version?  That is my biggest concern.  I think, but could be wrong that I have seen a lot of posts saying the original and the A both lack power to drive headphones and even some iems.  That is my other main concern.

Thanks

Riley

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #13,139 of 16,326
Okay.  Is the battery drainage problem solved on the A version?  That is my biggest concern.  I think, but could be wrong that I have seen a lot of posts saying the original and the A both lack power to drive headphones and even some iems.  That is my other main concern.

Thanks

Riley

Ive had 2 different DP-X1s and no issues with battery 12 hours plus playing Tidal hifi. I have PM3 and M100 and they are fine with it but does sound better with my Mojo.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #13,140 of 16,326
Ive had 2 different DP-X1s and no issues with battery 12 hours plus playing Tidal hifi. I have PM3 and M100 and they are fine with it but does sound better with my Mojo.

Okay.  Greatly appreciated.  That is very reassuring.  I don't remember who on here said this, but they told me that the A gets close to 20 hours of battery life.  That is pretty impressive.  I am coming from an original X5 by Fiio.  It is just kind of dated with the scroll wheel and slow UI.  I also find the way it sorts songs is not helpful for me.  They are sorted by file name on the original only according to Fiio when I asked them.  Does the DPX1 sort songs by file name or track name?  How is the UI is it smooth and fairly quick and simple with few minor bugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back