ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #11,011 of 16,326
That's one of the reasons I like Tidal HIFI. Although I have my 200gb filled with FLAC or higher res music only.
I have been doing a lot of comparisons between my mojo with iPod and Tidal vs. DP-X1 and I can honestly say I prefer my DP-X1.

Not surprising, the ONKYO is a great DAP no bones about it. It won't be everybody's preferred signature, but it is solid enough to have pretty broad appeal I suspect.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #11,012 of 16,326
Just an update. I heard back about the DP-X1. Curiously from Pioneer UK. Is there a tie up with Onky?.
Pioneer tell me that a faulty unit would be exchanged under warranty for the first year. After that they currently have no service support but envisage a fixed fee replacement.
A little strange but OK I guess.

Onkyo, Pioneer, Teac, are the same group. They hold each others share.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #11,013 of 16,326
  Just tried Hiby Music player from Play store

It totally wowed me!

The soundstage is much bigger than the original music app

And it has cover browse function which I always use back in my ipod days

It can play SACD iso too

You guys should give it a try and post your comments here

Is it really better than PowerAMP? I am using PowerAMP on my Pioneer XDP-100r...

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #11,014 of 16,326
hi,
    i got onkyo dp-x1 today. selling my old hardware and nw-zx2 in favor of it.

who knew that there is a volume above 100? it made me being angry about volume cap and then i accidentally scroll it above 100...

it does have 0.1.30.8._20160322.215713 firmware out of box, and there is a gap between jack port plastic and case. should i worry about jack or it is fixed in that revision?
    it  is DP-X1(B)CP. shop received it from onkyo from singapore in completely sealed package and then sold to me. a bit more then 700$.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #11,015 of 16,326
  Just tried Hiby Music player from Play store

It totally wowed me!

The soundstage is much bigger than the original music app

And it has cover browse function which I always use back in my ipod days

It can play SACD iso too

You guys should give it a try and post your comments here

I have Hiby on my phone, but just personal tastes I prefer USB Audio Player Pro, I have it installed on all my devices. 

For my needs UAPP offers more control of my on device and off device content
Hiby is still a great app (but not on my DP-X1)
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #11,016 of 16,326
  hi,
    i got onkyo dp-x1 today. selling my old hardware and nw-zx2 in favor of it.

who knew that there is a volume above 100? it made me being angry about volume cap and then i accidentally scroll it above 100...

it does have 0.1.30.8._20160322.215713 firmware out of box, and there is a gap between jack port plastic and case. should i worry about jack or it is fixed in that revision?
    it  is DP-X1(B)CP. shop received it from onkyo from singapore in completely sealed package and then sold to me. a bit more then 700$.

Post pictures of the gap, but if you don't want to bother with exchanges and don't want to worry, do the simple, effective and inexpensive acrylic fix that many have done. Well back in the thread Whitigir posted detailed instructions with images if I'm not mistaken. I would still think this fix even better than the reported fix done by ONKYO, I think the acrylic fix is the stronger fix, but I could be wrong.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #11,017 of 16,326
  Post pictures of the gap, but if you don't want to bother with exchanges and don't want to worry, do the simple, effective and inexpensive acrylic fix that many have done. Well back in the thread Whitigir posted detailed instructions with images if I'm not mistaken. I would still think this fix even better than the reported fix done by ONKYO, I think the acrylic fix is the stronger fix, but I could be wrong.

https://s21.postimg.org/nt32hxl6v/IMG_20160826_194806.jpg

i have idea of adding rubber ring/hose to cover jack and make it sit in the same place.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #11,018 of 16,326
  https://s21.postimg.org/nt32hxl6v/IMG_20160826_194806.jpg

i have idea of adding rubber ring/hose to cover jack and make it sit in the same place.

I wouldn't do that, just do the acrylic fix if anything, it is effective and proven.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #11,019 of 16,326
Hey.
I just went into town to Audition the Pioneer coisin player, I was very impressed! Not too heavy at all sound is lovely and better right away than I remember the Sony A17 sounding. Lovely player but I dont think ill have chance to audition the Onkyo player unless I go to London which is too much of a nightmare.

Question... Does anyone know if the DP-X1 has inbuilt speaker ?

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #11,021 of 16,326
Hey.
I just went into town to Audition the Pioneer coisin player, I was very impressed! Not too heavy at all sound is lovely and better right away than I remember the Sony A17 sounding. Lovely player but I dont think ill have chance to audition the Onkyo player unless I go to London which is too much of a nightmare.

Question... Does anyone know if the DP-X1 has inbuilt speaker ?

No, only pioneer has a speaker.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #11,022 of 16,326
Once I went Bluetooth for portable use I sold my DP-X1 as sadly, as much as I loved it, it was wasted completely as my phone was as good a transport, and actually had better Bluetooth signal strength I found. yes, if you are getting 10 hours with the DP-X1 the battery was not likely the culprit. Anyway, better luck with the new unit and let us know how it works out.

New unit received and the battery life is at least double the old unit! Very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back