ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 13, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #10,201 of 16,328
First short impressions with Cavalli Liquid Fire + X1.

1.Analog output of x1 realy good enough.
2.Cavalli LF ..... well .... sounds good, but with low impedance headphones produces really BIG noise (no background noise with 300Ohm load). Maybe some damage during transportation - one tube socket lost contact so after brief encounter with LF took to friend of mine for check/repair. Will see.
3.Tubes (Electro Harmonix 6922) very sensitive to any vibration, despite EAT Cool Tube Dampers. Extra dampers for whole unit really needed.
4.Sound signature - dynamic, detailed, layered, 3D, vibrating (hear not only sound, but feel vibration of strings for example). Really hoping for fun when issues with noise and lost tube contact will be solved.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #10,202 of 16,328

They won't know you rooted it unlike Samsung devices (with Knox installed).

No pain no gain! Seriously, it's well worth the effort. I am using a Mac that's why it took me hours to do it. With a Windoze machine, 15 minutes tops! and music nirvana starts!

Good luck!

I've downloaded those files, but still a little confuse about the step by step process. 
Correct me if i'm wrong, based on the posts it should be like this:

1. Root the device using Kingroot  
2. Install xVortex TWRP for DP-X1 (see files on screenshot)
3. Install SElinux and busybox from Playstore
4. Flash Viper4Android using TWRP

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #10,204 of 16,328

I've downloaded those files, but still a little confuse about the step by step process. 

That is correct.

If you are a little bit more adventurous (like me), I converted my Kingroot to SuperSU. Good luck!

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #10,205 of 16,328
  does anyone know, what logo beside to the ACG logo? it's just appeared recently.

I believe that's to let you know notifications are turned off.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #10,207 of 16,328
First short impressions with Cavalli Liquid Fire + X1.

1.Analog output of x1 realy good enough.
2.Cavalli LF ..... well .... sounds good, but with low impedance headphones produces really BIG noise (no background noise with 300Ohm load). Maybe some damage during transportation - one tube socket lost contact so after brief encounter with LF took to friend of mine for check/repair. Will see.
3.Tubes ([COLOR=222222]Electro Harmonix 6922)[/COLOR]very sensitive to any vibration, despite [COLOR=222222]EAT Cool Tube Dampers. Extra dampers for whole unit really needed.[/COLOR]
4.Sound signature - dynamic, detailed, layered, 3D, vibrating (hear not only sound, but feel vibration of strings for example). Really hoping for fun when issues with noise and lost tube contact will be solved.

Thanks for sharing!

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #10,208 of 16,328
Theres is some difference - better articulation, soundstage - especialy in ACG mode.

Low/high gain have no ipact for SQ - that settings mostly to low/high impedance headphones pairing - deal with sound level and helos not to burn your ears.

Low gain = higher volume required. The sweet spot of volume is suggested from 130-150 where there are more details in music presented.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #10,214 of 16,328

A bit off subject, but where did you get high-res Beatles tracks?

They aren't hi-res, but there was a set released in 2009 that was 24 bit / 44.1 kHz FLAC.  That's what I have, at least.

That is correct.

If you are a little bit more adventurous (like me), I converted my Kingroot to SuperSU. Good luck!

I definitely recommend getting the SuperSU binary and replacing kingroot binary if at all possible.  Simply because ChainFire's SuperSU is open-source and can be reviewed, while the kingroot is proprietary and has ads and possible privacy issues.  Fortunately, if you have custom recovery, you can simply flash a root zip from there and not worry about kingroot at all.

I am also on a Mac, and while compiling the custom recovery is almost impossible on a Mac (I had to do it on a linux vm), installing it should be very straightforward.  Just install android tools to get fastboot and adb, and download the recovery image.  It is easier on Windows with the included tools, but shouldn't be any moreso on a Mac, from my experience.

You only need those files if you are doing a custom recovery.  You don't technically need to do a custom recovery to do anything else.  You can install KingRoot, and then the other programs, and you'd be fine.  Custom recovery lets you back up the system and data partition fully and easily, to your SD card etc, and lets you install unsigned zip updates.  If you install the custom recovery, you can also easily flash a supersu zip and avoid KingRoot and its rooting process altogether.  You can also just as easily install the custom recovery and never root or otherwise touch the system files at all.  But having the custom recovery and making a full system backup makes it a lot safer to recovery in case you do something messed up.  With the custom recovery available, it drastically lowers the risk of doing anything catastrophically wrong with the device, as you can make and restore from backups if you mess anything up.  Of course, I still don't think that everybody should do it if they don't trust in themselves, but it's certainly not the bogeyman that many make it out to be.  As long as you have good device backups, you will not brick your device.  Hell, I have even flashed corrupted system ROMs and bad recovery partitions just to see what it would take to make my device unfixable.  I haven't found anything that reflashing known-good backup hasn't fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back