ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 24, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #9,556 of 16,328
  Haven't read through here in the last couple weeks. Is the streaming distortion problem fixed? Any good updates to the software that have fixed anything?

Thinking about picking this up again as I was not at all impressed with the AK380.

I wonder if they can enable Native DSD through any firmware updates.

No changes in software, No changes in hardware - the same complains stil going on and on. Soon my balanced going to die - one channel contact loosens. Onkyo lost their face to me totally.

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #9,558 of 16,328

No changes in software, No changes in hardware - the same complains stil going on and on. Soon my balanced going to die - one channel contact loosens. Onkyo lost their face to me totally.

Did you buy yours from Price Japan?
It seems like there are a few distributors out there where they are having issues with there product. I bought mine directly from Onkyo I had to pay 799.00 USD for it but (knock on wood) I have zero complaints, everything is great. I've had this about 2 months and use it almost daily.

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #9,560 of 16,328

Did you buy yours from Price Japan?
It seems like there are a few distributors out there where they are having issues with there product. I bought mine directly from Onkyo I had to pay 799.00 USD for it but (knock on wood) I have zero complaints, everything is great. I've had this about 2 months and use it almost daily.

Mine from Hong Kong for 625EUR. Bought in end of May. Next week will contact friend of mine and will brake in this thing I hope - wiil see what it is inside and how to fix it. Sending back and forth to Hong Kong - too much time and waste of money for just on jack.

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #9,561 of 16,328
Erm, @Dillan, I would recommend reading back on pages; far too much to re-post information again.

And @Matrix Petka, I posted, with lots of detail, that there IS a hardware change; that the new batches of DP-X1 have improved physically with structurally stronger jack housings.
More so, people have posted that there WILL be a software change and that Onkyo US are working on a fix in conjunction with Onkyo JP.
(Bear i mind, the many who complained about the noise issues did not officially raise this with Onkyo directly, only on this forum. The issue was raised recently this month to Onkyo US; why the long delay or not reaching out to Onkyo earlier I do not know, but no matter, it's getting fixed).

It's late and I'm not going to link the posts; please guys, just go back and read through the thread.

Nn

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #9,562 of 16,328
In case anyone is interested: the DPX1 roots just fine and xVortex's custom recovery works like a dream. After I got it rooted I got the Dolby Atmos port to run (after trying a few different XDA dev ports). To save you some time and energy, it's garbage. The surround effect has nothing really to do with the impressive Atmos technology, it's just branded for marketing. The intelligent EQ is a nightmare. The MaxxAudio ports are promising as they were originally designed by Waves, but I couldn't get any of them to run. 

I know some folks here have Viper4Android up and running on the DPX1, but for me it installs but fails to load (even with busybox and SElinux). If anyone has gone through this and got it running, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #9,566 of 16,328

yesterday afternoon is arrived XD

truly remarkable sonic performance of tidal stream

Now we wait for the new cable from surfcables ..

someone is linking me a good case to purchased in Europe?

Agreed, tidal is perfect. And I don't plan to upgrade tidal because last version tidal has bug and cost me a month of having to endure it.

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #9,568 of 16,328
Getting a new replacement X1 to replace my RMA'd unit, hopefully it's one of the newer units! To other buyers who got theirs from Hong Kong, what seller? Mine is DWI International. Excellent customer service.

I think the HK version is equally good in term of service/replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back