ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #9,302 of 16,326
I was just ranting on people complaining about software bugs. Good on Onkyo, Pioneer and Fiio for biting the bullet and releasing really flexible DAPs. If not for them, we would be using dumb DAPs for local files and buggy phones for Tidal and Spotify :D

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #9,304 of 16,326
OK. Here is the custom TWRP recovery for Onkyo DP-X1 DAP: link
If you do not know what it is, then you do not need it :wink: Use at your own risk.
Brief instruction:
1) Boot your player in Fastboot mode (press Power button + Prev track button simultaneously until the penguin)
2) Connect to USB, Install the driver if necessary (Choose "Android ADB interface" from the drivers list).
3) run _flash.bat file or use manual commands to flash or boot into recovery.
You're done. Enjoy!

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #9,305 of 16,326
If you do not know what it is, then you do not need it :wink: Use at your own risk.
Brief instruction:
1) Boot your player in Fastboot mode (press Power button + Prev track button simultaneously until the penguin)
2) Connect to USB, Install the driver if necessary (Choose "Android ADB interface" from the drivers list).
You're done. Enjoy!

Well done and thank you.
Is this completely reversible/uninstallable?

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #9,307 of 16,326
Brief instruction:
You're done. Enjoy!

What is it?

tongue_smile.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #9,310 of 16,326
I have flashed many roms onto Samsung phones using Odin but this method is totally new to me.
Is there anything else I need to have installed on my PC, such as Android SDK? (which will not fully install on my PC for some reason)
Any links to a "how to" guide, please?

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #9,314 of 16,326
  I was just ranting on people complaining about software bugs. Good on Onkyo, Pioneer and Fiio for biting the bullet and releasing really flexible DAPs. If not for them, we would be using dumb DAPs for local files and buggy phones for Tidal and Spotify :D

My phone isn't buggy with Tidal or Spotify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back