ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #7,366 of 16,326
I found that if you set the lock range to one notch below the most narrow it was fine, but if I set it to the most narrow I had the playback glitches. I did end up preferring the narrow range setting, but in all sincerity I couldn't say in blind listening if I could actually tell them apart. What I found was a confounding thing is that when you switched the filter, or a lock range setting during playback there was a brief pause in the playback stream. This made me wonder was I hearing the pause then start again as a change or was it really sounding different. I actually think the differences were audible and real, but I never did test so I can't be positive.

I think Lock Range function actually comes from Teac line of desktop dac. It is very adjustable to change the density of sound.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #7,368 of 16,326
Peridot Sorry a out your troubles. I had a small issue with them recently, they missed their delivery date, came a day late but the rectified it by refunding my shipping. Can't complain, but things happen. Hopefully you get yours all sorted.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #7,369 of 16,326
Mine just shipped from Onkyo USA Distribution so hopefully it will be here in a few days. Do any of you put a screen protector on? Is the glass fairly resistant to scratches?

Many have and swear by them. I personally have not and have not noticed any scratches yet (famous last words knowing my luck)

The device does have Gorilla Glass which helps and also the reason I have for my own use not installed one

But if you do require peace of mind you cannot do any harm.

Just thought I would let you know that you don't have to treat this with kid gloves.
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #7,370 of 16,326
Many have and swear by them. I personally have not and have not noticed any scratches yet (famous last words knowing my luck)

The device does have Gorilla Glass which helps and also the reason I have for my own use not installed one

Just thought I would let you know that you don't have to treat this with kid gloves.
:wink:

Thanks!
I believe in cases but I don't like screen protectors. My IPhone 5s has gorilla glass and is 2 years old, scratch free still. I do however have it in a Otterbox case which has a lip around the glass. I won't buy a screen protector knowing it has the gorilla glass.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #7,372 of 16,326
Thanks!
I believe in cases but I don't like screen protectors. My IPhone 5s has gorilla glass and is 2 years old, scratch free still. I do however have it in a Otterbox case which has a lip around the glass. I won't buy a screen protector knowing it has the gorilla glass.

Same here
Case only and Gorilla Glass

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #7,373 of 16,326

wink.gif

I was never able to confirm that the DP-X1 had Gorilla Glass, but I remember reading a reputable source that suggested it did. Where did you hear that it has Gorilla Glass?

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #7,375 of 16,326
What's a screen protector??

You know, the place you're supposed to hit with your golf ball. I thought you knew that. Have to teach you everything it seems.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #7,378 of 16,326
Check you Amazon account, they usually keep a copy of such communications.

@Peridot Sorry a out your troubles. I had a small issue with them recently, they missed their delivery date, came a day late but the rectified it by refunding my shipping. Can't complain, but things happen. Hopefully you get yours all sorted.

Thanks guys. Had a grovelling apology today and all issues sorted out so hopefully normal service has been resumed.

Mine just shipped from Onkyo USA Distribution so hopefully it will be here in a few days. Do any of you put a screen protector on? Is the glass fairly resistant to scratches?

Onkyo's own tempered glass protector is very good. I'm sure the naked screen is fairly scratch resistant but I have a bad habit of leaving it 'till the last minute to pack up on the train and having to dump everything quickly into my bag. Knowing that there's an extra layer of protection is reassuring.

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #7,379 of 16,326

Thanks guys. Had a grovelling apology today and all issues sorted out so hopefully normal service has been resumed.

Onkyo's own tempered glass protector is very good. I'm sure the naked screen is fairly scratch resistant but I have a bad habit of leaving it 'till the last minute to pack up on the train and having to dump everything quickly into my bag. Knowing that there's an extra layer of protection is reassuring.

Can anyone explain how to apply the tempered glass? It's all in Japanese and it comes with: tempered glass, some other plastic casing, dry screen wiper, wet screen wiper, and a white sticker. Is there some step by step directions? I was unable to Google the product 
DPA-GL033 and PDF or manual to find any directions.

Here is picture of the DPA-GL033 contents:

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #7,380 of 16,326
The DX-P1 will work with PM-3 on SE mode... but running it balanced will be tricky.  I'm currently building my own balanced 2.5 to 3.5 TRRS cable.  Heads up.  Cabling (pin outs) are not 1:1.  This is after verifying with OPPO costumer service and Onkyo's costumer service.

If you're buying this without using its balanced capability is like buying a car with 6 gear transmission and only uses 1st and 2nd gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back