ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #7,351 of 16,326
  I get that from time to time. Not you IEM -- it's the Music app. Something gets out of sync.  Click on the square soft button on the bottom right.  That will bring up the app switcher.  Scroll to the Music app and then swipe it to the right side of the screen to close it.  Reopen the music app and play the file again.  Slight software issue, I think.  I get it in both ears, actually. It isn't the file and it isn't the headphones.  It's not even really the hardware.  It's the software interacting with the hardware being wonky.

Re-opened the music app and tried once again. No luck.. 
frown.gif

I got that too, on my right side. I found out after updated the latest music app, the 1.2.

I'm on 1.2.0 as well.. Seems there is some problem with the software. Did you manage to solve it? 

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #7,353 of 16,326
Re-opened the music app and tried once again. No luck.. :frowning2:

I'm on 1.2.0 as well.. Seems there is some problem with the software. Did you manage to solve it? 

Sorry,I can not. I try every things I could think of, the only way is to uninstall all update of the music app. That's is the only way. But at the moment I try the MQA with the free sample files from L2 so as soon as I am done I will be switching back. BTW, TOU will lost the playlist that you have made on the player. Good luck. Let's me know if there are any other options.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #7,354 of 16,326

I just noticed: you still got the original factory screen film on
tongue_smile.gif

yes, it's the 1st time I got my onkyo, so the screen protector still on.
right now, my dpx1 already insttalled with DPA-GL033

I'd concur with that. I found the open Ethers to have far better bass, far better all round in fact. 

I'm totally perplexed by the Ether Cs. People claim they're the greatest headphone ever, yet you have users sticking toilet paper in them to try and make them sound better. I thought that was an April fool's wind-up at first, but apparently it's true 
confused.gif

I'm after a good closed 'phone so will look up those Foxtexs 

lol hahaha

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #7,356 of 16,326

I have a question to the Mojo / DP-X1 users: How do you connect the two devices? It must be a micro-usb-to-micro-usb-cable, right? I could not find any of these online? Do you need a custom made cable?

smily_headphones1.gif

confused_face_2.gif

Thanks, but where do you buy these cables?? I almost don`t find any offer in Europe?

Does not need to be custom. Try these I ordered a couple and had them delivered to my door within 4-5 days for the tidy sum of $5.99
L3000.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #7,357 of 16,326
  Greetings All, pardon me if my question is already been discussed here or is irrelevant to the thread topic, if it is so kindly delete my post.

I have been following with great interest this thread particularly in relation of the ability DP-X1 to play Bob Stuart's MQA. Does anyone here have tried to listen to the MQA through DP-X1? Please do share how the sound of it. Thanks

Hi
As there is only a limited amount of MQA available at the moment many have found their experiences limited to Classical and/or Nordic sounds.

I personally find it's great and very pleasant to listen. I have not carried out any extensive testing but to my ears even when listening to the same track as for example 

Performer From the albumStereo
24BIT/352.8kHz
Stereo 
24BIT/192kHz
Stereo 
24BIT/96kHz
MQA stereo 
original resolution
CD
16BIT/44kHz
5.1 Surround
24BIT/96kHz
Stereo DSD 256
11.2896Mbit/s
Stereo DSD 128
5.6448Mbit/s
Stereo DSD 64
2.8224Mbit/s
5.1 Surround 
DSD 64
2.8224Mbit/s

Original
Source

Arnesen: MAGNIFICAT 4. Et misericordia
Nidarosdomens jentekor & TrondheimSolistene
9:24MAGNIFICAT (2L-106-SABD)410 MB185 MB90 MB50 MB23 MB215 MB840 MB420 MB210 MB630 MBDXD

I have found no real discernable difference when listening to the higher bitrate files ie 352Khz and DSD256 11.2 which for me is a good thing as the 50Mb file is more palatable saving of my available storage space than the 840Mb DSD256 file

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #7,359 of 16,326

Dear Peridot and addyg, thank you for sharing your experiences, I presume you were listening via the DP-X1? 

I am yes. When I get a chance I'll download some of the sample tracks in 'CD quality' as well as MQA for some comparative listening.

Can't go wrong with Amazon.

Yes and yes, love Amazon as they know how to take care of their customers ...

Amazon (UK) service has gone downhill recently. Had their carrier call with a package on Friday only to tell me that they couldn't give it to me because it wasn't on their 'system' despite having the same name and address as the other package they were able to give me. Customer services were completely unhelpful and insisted the package had been sent to the wrong delivery depot despite it being in the carrier's hands. Was promised early delivery the next day - it arrived at 9:30pm and was left outside my door. Tracking shows 'handed to resident' 
rolleyes.gif

Now this morning I've had a reminder to return a faulty item that was previously exchanged or I'll be charged for both. I returned it three weeks ago and had email confirmation of receipt, which I stupidly deleted as I never though I'd need it. 

Hopefully it's a short term glitch.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #7,360 of 16,326
Could someone help me on this ? Just got my new CIEM and the DP-X1 lately and there's a little problem that occurs.

I found that whenever I am playing 24/96 (upsampled) WAVs there will be a small "di-di-di-di-di-di-di-crack" sound repeatedly throughout the whole song (don't really know how to describe that noise :confused_face:  ). It only happens to the right ear IEM and I'm getting annoyed by this (left IEM is working fine). 

But for all other files (e.g. 16/44.1, DSD 64.. etc) the problem doesn't exist. Not sure if it is a problem of my IEM or a problem with the DP-X1 playing 24/96 upsampled WAVs. 

Tried testing this on many tracks and would appreciate any help ! :)  

Try change the Lock Range to Wide. Too narrow a lock range sometimes will cause that.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #7,361 of 16,326

I am yes. When I get a chance I'll download some of the sample tracks in 'CD quality' as well as MQA for some comparative listening.

Amazon (UK) service has gone downhill recently. Had their carrier call with a package on Friday only to tell me that they couldn't give it to me because it wasn't on their 'system' despite having the same name and address as the other package they were able to give me. Customer services were completely unhelpful and insisted the package had been sent to the wrong delivery depot despite it being in the carrier's hands. Was promised early delivery the next day - it arrived at 9:30pm and was left outside my door. Tracking shows 'handed to resident' 
rolleyes.gif

Now this morning I've had a reminder to return a faulty item that was previously exchanged or I'll be charged for both. I returned it three weeks ago and had email confirmation of receipt, which I stupidly deleted as I never though I'd need it. 

Hopefully it's a short term glitch.

Check you Amazon account, they usually keep a copy of such communications.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #7,364 of 16,326
  Hi
As there is only a limited amount of MQA available at the moment many have found their experiences limited to Classical and/or Nordic sounds.

I personally find it's great and very pleasant to listen. I have not carried out any extensive testing but to my ears even when listening to the same track as for example 

I have found no real discernable difference when listening to the higher bitrate files ie 352Khz and DSD256 11.2 which for me is a good thing as the 50Mb file is more palatable saving of my available storage space than the 840Mb DSD256 file

Dear masterpfa, thank you very much for your sharing and comparison, I certainly hope too that more choices will be available for MQA more so given the size of the file is ideal for me without compensating much of the quality.

Dear Peridot, please do share your findings in the future... thank you.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #7,365 of 16,326
Try change the Lock Range to Wide. Too narrow a lock range sometimes will cause that.

I found that if you set the lock range to one notch below the most narrow it was fine, but if I set it to the most narrow I had the playback glitches. I did end up preferring the narrow range setting, but in all sincerity I couldn't say in blind listening if I could actually tell them apart. What I found was a confounding thing is that when you switched the filter, or a lock range setting during playback there was a brief pause in the playback stream. This made me wonder was I hearing the pause then start again as a change or was it really sounding different. I actually think the differences were audible and real, but I never did test so I can't be positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back