ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #6,676 of 16,326
I'm not sure what country you are in, so I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being a jerk, but the SanDisk has been $80 for weeks and dropped to $60 about a week ago. Regardless, I'm grateful for more competition though, let's bring those prices down!!!

http://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The Lexar is faster than the SanDisk. I'm glad I got the SanDisk at the price I did, I was able consolodate my 128 and 64 and still have room to spare.

Oups.... I was still under the memory of a much higher price for the SD 200gb. This price drop is a good news. And may be it even anounce a higher capaciteit microSD ?

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #6,677 of 16,326
Actually it is okay if you get Shure SE535 for less than $500 (I got mine used $300). But if you are replacing the stock cable with custom made and comply tips it will bring you to the next level especially the balanced cable IMO. The cable as a whole cost me $400.

Oh well, as Whitigir says, enjoy your music mate.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #6,679 of 16,326
Mar 28, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #6,682 of 16,326
Oups.... I was still under the memory of a much higher price for the SD 200gb. This price drop is a good news. And may be it even anounce a higher capaciteit microSD ?

200GB is the limit of current technology. That's why it's 200 rather than that 256 GB ... it's all that will fit 
smile.gif

Higher capacities require a move to new '3D' tech, which has just begun manufacture. I think general availability at sensible prices is still a little way off. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #6,683 of 16,326

Hello! Everyone,

Has anyone experienced the stock ONKYO MUSIC PLAYER crashing on every song being played from a particular artist/album?

It's really annoying as I just bought an album from Enya, Dark Sky Island, 96KHz/24-bit, from HDTRACKS.  The stock player would keep crashing on every song being played.

I tried downloading PowerAmp player (Trial) to see if it the issue is related to the downloaded files, but the player played through the files without any issues.

Any advice from the seniors here would really be great and appreciated.

My DP-X1 is running the latest firmware and latest stock player with folder search function.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #6,684 of 16,326

Hello! Everyone,

Has anyone experienced the stock ONKYO MUSIC PLAYER crashing on every song being played from a particular artist/album?

It's really annoying as I just bought an album from Enya, Dark Sky Island, 96KHz/24-bit, from HDTRACKS.  The stock player would keep crashing on every song being played.

I tried downloading PowerAmp player (Trial) to see if it the issue is related to the downloaded files, but the player played through the files without any issues.

Any advice from the seniors here would really be great and appreciated.

My DP-X1 is running the latest firmware and latest stock player with folder search function.

Nope, you're not alone, I've tested 3 DP-X1s with Steel Panther tracks (bloody hilarious, by the way) and it crashes extremely often when playing their songs unless when selected via folder mode. Maybe you can give that a try?

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #6,685 of 16,326

Sorry, the Onkyo won't play that music. You'll need to upgrade your taste 
biggrin.gif

What have you got the 'Lock Range Adjust' setting at? If it's at 'Narrow', perhaps try moving it back to "Normal or 'Wide'. I've had problems with playback of hi-res files at the narrow setting although it didn't crash the player so I suspect it may be something else in your case.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #6,686 of 16,326
  Nope, you're not alone, I've tested 3 DP-X1s with Steel Panther tracks (bloody hilarious, by the way) and it crashes extremely often when playing their songs unless when selected via folder mode. Maybe you can give that a try?

Sorry, the Onkyo won't play that music. You'll need to upgrade your taste 
biggrin.gif

What have you got the 'Lock Range Adjust' setting at? If it's at 'Narrow', perhaps try moving it back to "Normal or 'Wide'. I've had problems with playback of hi-res files at the narrowsetting although it didn't crash the player so I suspect it may be something else in your case.

@rushofblood just tried what you have suggested.  It seemed to work the first time but when I tried going to the next track, it crashed again.

@Peridot Trying your suggestion now.  Meanwhile any suggestion on how I can upgrade my taste?  Where do I start?  :)

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #6,687 of 16,326

@rushofblood just tried what you have suggested.  It seemed to work the first time but when I tried going to the next track, it crashed again.

@Peridot Trying your suggestion now.  Meanwhile any suggestion on how I can upgrade my taste?  Where do I start?  :)

Only kidding on the taste ... you could do a lot worse than Enya. Personally though, I prefer her older sister and other family members in Clannad. The other great Irish musical family is the Black family - Mary Black

All sound great on the DP-X1 
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #6,688 of 16,326
Thinking of getting the DPX1, but I worry that Tidal won't work when used as a transport to my Hugo.

Does anyone have any experience running onkyo as a transport to an amp?

I ask this because Tidal won't work when used as a transport from my Samsung Note 4 running Android 5.1.1

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #6,689 of 16,326
Thinking of getting the DPX1, but I worry that Tidal won't work when used as a transport to my Hugo.

Does anyone have any experience running onkyo as a transport to an amp?

I ask this because Tidal won't work when used as a transport from my Samsung Note 4 running Android 5.1.1

I have no problem when using Tidal on my DP-X1 connected as a transport to my Mojo, except for the dreaded "Android" upsampling. I get around this personally using UAPP on my DP-X1 only thing is UAPP will not have access to Offline stored music.

EDIT: If I use any of my Android devices as a transport I am able to play back Tidal using the Mojo, again the Android Upsampling will be experienced.

I would imagine using the Hujo should be the same

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #6,690 of 16,326
Ah cheers. Thanks for replying so soon!

Does the Android upsampling change the sound much for the worse? Say compared to using an iPhone or iPad as a transport to stream Tidal to the Hugo?

That's a bummer not being able to access offline stored music using the UAPP :frowning2:

This is off-topic, but would I also be able to use Tidal through my Note 4 using the UAPP app?

I have no problem when using Tidal on my DP-X1 connected as a transport to my Mojo, except for the dreaded "Android" upsampling. I get around this personally using UAPP on my DP-X1 only thing is UAPP will not have access to Offline stored music.

EDIT: If I use any of my Android devices as a transport I am able to play back Tidal using the Mojo, again the Android Upsampling will be experienced.

I would imagine using the Hujo should be the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back