ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #6,706 of 16,326
I used it to watch some more video today and, while the battery did deplete faster, there was no sudden drain.

I'm inclined to think that the battery monitoring circuit hadn't calibrated itself correctly (I hadn't yet had a full discharge/charge cycle on the device) and was indicating incorrectly.

I've also disabled most of the Google apps. Note that if you want to use custom wallpaper images you need to keep the 'Photos' app enabled. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #6,708 of 16,326
I wanted something to offer additional protection to the player when I throw it in my backpack so I picked up one of these very inexpensive neoprene pouches on ebay. It's much better quality that I expected and the player in its case fits just perfectly.

Link

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #6,709 of 16,326
  My requests to Onkyo for additions to Music app for DP-X1:

Implement proper Gapless playback

Show current volume setting in Notification area without need to actuate volume knob

Show file transfer rate on Playing screen along with with the other current file data

What other changes/additions do folks here want?

Probably more of a request for app designers that would allow apps such as Tidal, Spotify to output to an external DAC such as the Music app and UAPP can, It is also really annoying that the Android Upsampling is not bypassed when using Music app

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #6,711 of 16,326

Probably more of a request for app designers that would allow apps such as Tidal, Spotify to output to an external DAC such as the Music app and UAPP can, It is also really annoying that the Android Upsampling is not bypassed when using Music app

Do you have any more info on this Android Upsampling story?

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #6,712 of 16,326
  Do you have any more info on this Android Upsampling story?

I do not know why Android does this but it seems that all apps, unless the app developer amends this features in the app at the design stage, means that the original bit rate is up sampled.
I really don't have any further info on it than my experience with the likes of Tidal and Spotify. There may be more information on the Android Page

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #6,713 of 16,326
...mentioned this in body of larger message, but save for BB/2001 I see no auth dealers of Onkyo that may be carrying this unit in Canada, and worried they won't bring it in. We are a day away from April, anyone get a firm date and local connect for the unit? Maybe those around here can do a group buy somewhere...

DM if you'd rather - cheers!

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #6,715 of 16,326
  Nah, they're all sold out and Onkyo sort of got bored of all this portable DAP thing with socket gaps and all and stopped making them...

Not trying to be a jerk, but do you have some reference for this?

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #6,716 of 16,326
Just waiting for the FW update that will facilitate MQA playback on the DP-X1

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #6,717 of 16,326
  I wanted something to offer additional protection to the player when I throw it in my backpack so I picked up one of these very inexpensive neoprene pouches on ebay. It's much better quality that I expected and the player in its case fits just perfectly.

Link

Thanks for pointing to this case.
Exactly what I have been looking for.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #6,720 of 16,326
  I think it was tongue-in-cheek.  Although they have been having higher than expected demand, it looks like, just looking at wait times and backorder statuses.

I hope so, this is on my list after I get my Gungnir upgrated to multibit and USB 2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back