ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 23, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #6,603 of 16,328
And that was MQA file ! Damn, I think MQA music is being sold by Onkyo as well

D**N

That's all I'm waiting for now is the FW update to enable MQA playback. Yes the Onkyo Music Store does have MQA albums ready for your listening.(That and Tidal to also start with MQA broadcasts)

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #6,604 of 16,328
Guys! Why don't you fix the Socket Gaps with either Acrylic, or Suguru ? Why let the inevitable happen ? Once it happened, the only way is to have Opened up the unit and redone the soldering....don't let it happen !

Of course it was design flaws, you would be lucky and skip out a couple times....but it will happen. You just can not go on with it being this way. It had been a few months and I already see more 2.5 sockets damages :mad:
Hi all, been sittin back just reading alot here to get all my homework done before i buy mine when they go on sale here in the usa. I was wondering if i can offer a suggestion or an alternative work around to keep the 2.5 plug intact as long as possible? This comes from users of ak daps and its 2.5 jack issues! If you can take the majority of weight or torque off the plug you can safely prolong or eliminate looseness issues! How is it done? Well the first idea that comes to mind cannot be done as the onkyo has that auto selection feature on its jacks so another way is to use a "bigger" or "wider" 2.5 plug, there are two that come to mind and ive used both on my ak daps with excellent results! One plug is made by nakamura and its model number is np-254 here is a picture of it: and the other is very similar made by eidolic, norne audio carries them here is a pic of those:
Now i completely understand the whole never should have been released like this and why should i finish thier work and i completely agree! But some guys, as its been mentioned dont have the luxury of warranty work or the time to invest sending back and forth around the world, for them this is just another idea of something to help if putty and glue is not your cup of tea!

Please dont shoot the messenger, im just making an observation and another possible band aide!

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #6,606 of 16,328
Anyone figured out how to open it up?  I would be more than willing to open mine and figure out a clean way secure the 2.5mm jack.  

I hope Tidal can fix their glitchy playback before they release the MQA format.  I play Tidal through my laptop all day and there are no glitches.  I haven't checked on my smartphone recently but I don't remember their being any glitches when I was listening to Tidal on it.

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #6,607 of 16,328
Anyone figured out how to open it up?  I would be more than willing to open mine and figure out a clean way secure the 2.5mm jack.  

I hope Tidal can fix their glitchy playback before they release the MQA format.  I play Tidal through my laptop all day and there are no glitches.  I haven't checked on my smartphone recently but I don't remember their being any glitches when I was listening to Tidal on it.

Use smartphones cramps, heat up the glues around the screen, ply it off, be careful with all of the ribbon cables and connection terminals.....

Please be an honor and become a person to do it first :)

We all are thankful for your services

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #6,608 of 16,328
Use smartphones cramps, heat up the glues around the screen, ply it off, be careful with all of the ribbon cables and connection terminals.....

Please be an honor and become a person to do it first
smily_headphones1.gif

We all are thankful for your services

Never mind, if it involves heating things up and glue removal than it is too much risk vs worth.  I was thinking perhaps it is more simple to open. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #6,609 of 16,328

I didn't know these E900s were even on sale yet. could you describe how they sound, and what you feel they lack?

Yes. I purchased them from a dealer in Japan. They simply are terrible. I own a large group of IEMs from $200.00 to $1600.00, and by far these are the worst, especially for the $460.00 I paid for them.. The bass is muddy, the separation is aweful, and the clarity is bad. Go listen to them for yourself.  I could not in good conscience even sell them to anyone for half the price. Save your money, and buy the FLC 8S, or  Oriveti Primacy for a lot less and 10 times the IEMs.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #6,610 of 16,328
If you can take the majority of weight or torque off the plug you can safely prolong or eliminate looseness issues! 

I don't really see how the larger plug helps. Unless the headphone cable is firmly anchored to the plug it will become detached, and once it is firmly anchored then all the movement torque will be transmitted into the socket anyway. In fact the extra weight of the larger plug may make things worse. 

Never mind, if it involves heating things up and glue removal than it is too much risk vs worth.  I was thinking perhaps it is more simple to open. 

I did consider trying to remove the screen on mine, but also think the risk is too great. I'm going to try some epoxy adhesive. My idea is to try and flow it into the gap, then mask over the jacks and turn the player upside down. I'm hoping that as it sets it will anchor the jacks to the inside of the casing as well as filling the gap at the top surface of the case.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #6,611 of 16,328

Yes. I purchased them from a dealer in Japan. They simply are terrible. I own a large group of IEMs from $200.00 to $1600.00, and by far these are the worst, especially for the $460.00 I paid for them.. The bass is muddy, the separation is aweful, and the clarity is bad. Go listen to them for yourself.  I could not in good conscience even sell them to anyone for half the price. Save your money, and buy the FLC 8S, or  Oriveti Primacy for a lot less and 10 times the IEMs.

wow, thanks for the heads up. I admit I was itching for these to be released in europe

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #6,613 of 16,328

wow, thanks for the heads up. I admit I was itching for these to be released in europe

Dodged a bullet there, I too had been keen to give these a try. That's the thing about this hobby we all enjoy, sometimes we seek to better what we already have.

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #6,614 of 16,328
Weird issue, has anyone experienced this?  Once in a while the right side starts to have a loud static and doesn't stop until you stop and start music playback, then everything works fine.   I am using balanced with ACG.  I first thought this was a Tidal issue but it just did the same playing a normal flac file.  I am using USB Audio Player Pro for playback.  

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #6,615 of 16,328
Weird issue, has anyone experienced this?  Once in a while the right side starts to have a loud static and doesn't stop until you stop and start music playback, then everything works fine.   I am using balanced with ACG.  I first thought this was a Tidal issue but it just did the same playing a normal flac file.  I am using USB Audio Player Pro for playback.  

That was the reason I reported back earlier in the day, that is incompatible issue with 3rd party apps and "balanced connection". Most of 3rd party app will randomly throw up that static, or cutting out sound on the right side, sometimes the left (mostly the right).

I think this is the Android Os core complex coding system, together with Onkyo unique coding for "dual DAC" algorithm, and plus the 3rd party app incompatible to these above ?

It will not bother you if you only use SE, but with Balanced connection, you would be much safer with Onkyo Own Playback software.

I know my review was short, but did anybody take it seriously lol....

http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-hi-res-sound-source-corresponding-digital-audio-player-32gb-dp-x1/reviews/15089

**hopefully** Onkyo will fix this problem, because Android is a very popular OS, they need to release their Dual DAC source codes toward 3rd party app developers or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back