ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #15,556 of 16,326
Before I updated UAPP to the v4 series, it displayed the correct track order in folder view, for the music on my microSD card(s).
Now, it seems to display the tracks in a different order.
All of the tracks I've ripped, have a title in the format: [Disc #]-[Track # (w/leading zero)] [Track Title] [[Track Artist]].flac - so UAPP should list them in numerical order, but it's not doing that any longer.

maybe it's better to report it on the official discussion here on Head-Fi, Davy is replying here too:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...quitous-usb-audio-support-for-android.704065/

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #15,557 of 16,326
Mar 28, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #15,558 of 16,326
My DPX1 is getting 9 hours at 17% battery left. Still playing 24-bit files via balanced out with WiFi disabled.

Not too shabby...

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #15,560 of 16,326
Apr 1, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #15,562 of 16,326
I have a little bit of an issue and help would be appreciated.

1) When I try to access music using the Onkyo player, a lot of the music from the microSD card isn't there or isn't playable. However, if I use PowerAmp, I have no problem.
2) When listening to music from YouTube, the sound is horrible; I have to listen via my S8.

Any ideas?

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #15,563 of 16,326

1) When I try to access music using the Onkyo player, a lot of the music from the microSD card isn't there or isn't playable. However, if I use PowerAmp, I have no problem.
2) When listening to music from YouTube, the sound is horrible; I have to listen via my S8.

Any ideas?

I can only answer one question about Onkyo player. It only accept the offline musics you are downloading from the streaming musics online such as Spotify or Tidal or other sources...

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #15,564 of 16,326

Any ideas?
Maybe it is in the settings, Player Pro is set to update automatically, and Onyko isn't? Sometimes you need to rescan SD card when adding new music.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #15,568 of 16,326
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG i can't boot recovery :'( win 10 dont detect my DPX1
Need help :triportsad:

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #15,569 of 16,326
Hello !

A while ago I was describing my concern about some phase problems when using both the balanced and ACG modes plugged onto an Oppo PM3.
I took the time to try again with a new "strait" 4Pin cable (each pin on the 2.5 jack is simply connected to the same pin on the 3.5 side).
When using a MONO sound source I clearly hear a HUGE phase problem between channels. The balanced mode is very very bad (almost out of phase) and the ACG one just very bad. :wink:

I hope this phase problem is not the depth people are talking about in some posts.

So for the moment, I cannot use these balanced modes until I understand why this does not work.

If someone has an idea of what I am doing.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #15,570 of 16,326
Hello again,

About the Onkyo Player software.
I want to rise again the fact I am not fond of the DSP functions; they are not good for attacks.
Try a dirac, or music based on clics, and compare the various DSP functions. In all cases, it sounds like there some "cheap" (large?) FFT windowing process. Maybe.
I would have loved to be able to get rid of this DSP function while using the EQ.

I still like this device though. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back