ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #1,517 of 16,326
I guess I'm the only one that actually is more interested in this device than prior to reading the impressions... I'm not concerned with the UI, I know Dopaminer said he is not a techno phobe (paraphrasing), but he didn't specifically mention he is familiar with Android. Coming from an ios device Android can be a bit confusing.

I've been an Android user since 2012, currently still on 4.4 with a huawei ascend mate 7; previously with an HTC butterfly. Before that I was on iOS for three or four years. I much prefer Android.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,518 of 16,326
@Dopaminer What if we use other music app than the stock one? Are bugs and glitches you found caused from Onkyo stock music app or software?

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,519 of 16,326

This is the first time Onkyo put their hands on to fully develop an Android device instead of just an app, nothing a firmware can't fix. I think the negativity here happens because Onkyo doesn't want to open up more weeks leading to the launch and give a clearer release time.

And the fact that they aren't participating in Head-Fi. :wink_face:  

And the fact the UI clearly doesn't work properly. No wonder there were no units sent around for reviewing. I've pre-ordered (unusually for me). I'm happy to wait for them to release something that is fit for purpose. Otherwise they are going to get them all back and have a small PR headache in the audio segment.

Fantastic impressions from Dopaminer. FiiO et al will be celebrating.

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #1,520 of 16,326
Cancelled my preorder. Price japan now has a date of December 15 and thats for those who ordered before November 10, I have preordered October 25 and the ship date was too late for me. Even if they ship by that date I have a feeling my dap would just get stucked in customs until next year due to the shipment surge on xmas. So now im eyeing for the X7 which according to my local audio shop will have it by the first week of december.

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #1,521 of 16,326
Will make a pre-order on Monday. I hope it arrive on the first or second week of 2016 
rolleyes.gif

I was considered about purchasing X7 as well, but with better spec of DP-X1, especially 2 micro SD slots and balanced output, I decided to wait for it. I hope my decision lead to a good result 
happy_face1.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #1,522 of 16,326
Cancelled my preorder. Price japan now has a date of December 15 and thats for those who ordered before November 10, I have preordered October 25 and the ship date was too late for me. Even if they ship by that date I have a feeling my dap would just get stucked in customs until next year due to the shipment surge on xmas. So now im eyeing for the X7 which according to my local audio shop will have it by the first week of december.

This, if the 28th turns out to be false flag, I would probably be getting a Fiio x7 from a local event near me on the first week of December.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,524 of 16,326
if this gets postponed more i will be getting the new ak320 and be done with this

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,525 of 16,326
  Just got an email from Yodobashi said that my DP-X1 is shipped. I should get it tomorrow. 
biggrin.gif

r u serious pepare yourself for a flood of questions from us

just so we know do u have any other daps to compare it with

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #1,526 of 16,326
Just got an email from Yodobashi said that my DP-X1 is shipped. I should get it tomorrow. :D

You live in Japan?

Anyway I will eagerly wait for your impression. Please provide us more info about this mysterious DAP :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #1,528 of 16,326
@mtthefirst
Oh, I suddenly realize your post from Munkong webboard. So plz share your impression there too XD

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #1,530 of 16,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back