Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Nov 11, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #618 of 799
:frowning2:
The 3.5mm headphone jack on my Onkyo Granbeat is broken

Any ideas on how I can open the phone, so I can try and fix?
Me too! Currently only the 2.5mm works. Help

Thank funk I got myself a balanced cable.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #619 of 799
I have a ER4S and a SM64. Both are 100 ohm impedance.

I am thinking of buying a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable for ER4S.

If I do that, can I plug in both IEMs at the same time and listen to them simultaneously?

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #620 of 799
I'm owning a DP-CMX1 for some days and am really disappointed.

Why a correctly formated SD card must be formated again when entered into the device? I spend hours with filling it with music.

My SD card was formatted in the NTFS format. It could be read by Granbeat without any problem.

Perhaps your SD card was formatted in FAT format?

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #625 of 799
Then, onkyo Granbeat team. If you read this thread. Any upgrade is appreciated. Current version has Bluetooth issues.

Thanks.

Have had Bluetooth connection issues as well nothing that I have tried seems to make Bluetooth work on any Kenwood head units in the work Utes tracks look like it's playing but no audio, Toyota generic head unit I have to re-pair phone every time. About the only thing I use Bluetooth for.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #626 of 799
Finally got my ER4S balanced cable from Lavricables. Indeed the balanced output is much louder as spec'ed. I also heard more details. Definitely need a balanced headphone to fulfill DP-CMX1's potential.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #627 of 799
Finally got my ER4S balanced cable from Lavricables. Indeed the balanced output is much louder as spec'ed. I also heard more details. Definitely need a balanced headphone to fulfill DP-CMX1's potential.
All headphones are balanced by design, while cables and amplifiers can be single ended or balanced.
Having said that, I as well ordered an upgrade cable from Norne terminated with a 2.5mm balanced connector to try the balanced output of the Granbeat.
Let's see...

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #628 of 799
what case is this on the right?
DNgFqB4VwAANhHv.jpg:large

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #630 of 799
I’m connecting my CMX1 to Hugo2. Anyone know what is the best setting in CMX1? Should I set the output to PCM, DoP or Direct Transfer? Also should I upscaling all my music into 2.8/5.6Mhz DSD? All I want is to let my Hugo2 process my dsd file instead of cmx1 itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back