Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Dec 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #632 of 799
an anyone provide a dump of the latest firmware? i cant seem to find flash files anywhere, a full dump or even just a TWRP backup would be great if anyone has it. (sorry if theres one in here already i didnt dig through all 40 odd pages to check)

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #634 of 799
Hi could anybody tell me if it is possible to connect my Granbeat DP-CMX1 to a 2011 Macbook Pro that has the 3.5 earphones output and listen to Hi-Res Masters tracks through the Tidal desktop app? If yes what settings would I need on the Granbeat and if not do you have any suggestions?

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #635 of 799
Hi could anybody tell me if it is possible to connect my Granbeat DP-CMX1 to a 2011 Macbook Pro that has the 3.5 earphones output and listen to Hi-Res Masters tracks through the Tidal desktop app? If yes what settings would I need on the Granbeat and if not do you have any suggestions?

Cmx1 cannot function as dac
The above is not possible

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #637 of 799
Screenshot_20180117-160517.png

btw, been watching Netflix with these :)
I guess i'm getting more benefits with the dual dac

Feb 18, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #640 of 799
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #641 of 799
I am waiting for mine. Maybe I'm wrong but I would swear this is what I need. A good DAC with just regular smartphone capability. I had a LG V20 and I sold it because of their size...
P.S.: I guess this is the latest firmware update, January 2018 so I guess they are taking a little care...
http://www.hk.onkyo.com/en/support/searchresult?code=GRANBEAT DP-CMX1&tab=gj
Phone is fine. I use it for calls. No problem. The current android version can't do all data via Bluetooth. But Bluetooth sound is ok. However not with an older android version. Somehow the edge on the top between phone and screen is not a perfect fit and so I have a long sharp edge.. well. Soundwise it is a great dap. All dap software details I can't comment on. The phone part is standard. I had 7 inch leagoo android phone for around 100$. It's screen is much better than DP-CMX1. Onkyo. Where are you?

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #642 of 799
Phone is fine. I use it for calls. No problem. The current android version can't do all data via Bluetooth. But Bluetooth sound is ok. However not with an older android version. Somehow the edge on the top between phone and screen is not a perfect fit and so I have a long sharp edge.. well. Soundwise it is a great dap. All dap software details I can't comment on. The phone part is standard. I had 7 inch leagoo android phone for around 100$. It's screen is much better than DP-CMX1. Onkyo. Where are you?
Screen really that bad? That will be like pushing my fingers into my eyes (Slipknot dixit)...

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #643 of 799
Expectations go one way. I can enjoy my phone. Watch a film no problem. I just need to forget that most cheap phones is better or the same. Charging is fast. However 100% will last for half a day at best. My usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back