Onkyo DAC-HA300
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #32 of 86
  Pls advise where did u get it for 467 euro in Germany? It looks like they increase to 539 euro.

Strange. They really did. I saw one on the german redcoon.de site and one on Amazon.de yesterday, that were both at 467 EUR. Now its back up to 557 EUR. Maybe it was their last Unit and they wanted to get rid of it.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #33 of 86
Just ordered one of these on a great deal here in NZ ($499 NZD). I'm recent entry into slightly higher end kit after my trusty se530s came apart, getting a pair of SE846 and the HA200 for use with my iPad and iPhone alongside Tidal as all my CDs and hifi are i the UK. I've been looking for something to use as a stand alone for work trips and I couldn't resist the price!

A question for anyone in the know, in terms of the micro SD, do any specific classes make a big difference? I need to get a 128GB and will likely run off HDtracks.com until I'm reunited with my collection and can transfer it all. 

Ta

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #34 of 86
^ Hi man, could you please link us to where you bought from, I'm in Aus, but would so love to try buy a HA300 for $500 NZD + shipping, crazy good price there mate. And no the micro sd classes make no difference, although pretty much anything modern is class 10, but I have class 4's that work fine.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #35 of 86

Thanks man, looking forward getting it going, will just pick up a sandisk class 10.

Sure, the guys are avalon audio who have a relocation sale on, they had 2 units for 499 so one left for you I hope! Also picked up my ha200 there for 250, think its 200 at the mo too. You shouldn't have a prob, I bought them with my UK card and invoicing address, delivered fine. 

The link is: http://www.avalon.co.nz/headphone-amp/577-onkyo-dac-ha200.html  

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #37 of 86
Been playing with the HA300 over the last few days, but haven't had a real chance to sit down and listen. Slightly bigger that the HA200 but looks slick. The controls are a bit of a pain with the side wheel and click/front panel combo and I need to work out the best way to keep the genre/compilations etc organised when using the SD card. Far less warm and almost painfully trebled in places than the 200 from my initial listening linking to TIDAL on iPad/iphone but a fantastic sound the couple of tracks I played direct from the micro sd. Worked nicely in the car this avo too. 

Get yours yet Trance?

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #38 of 86
Mine should get here any day now, they shipped mine a couple days late, they overcharged me so I had to do a bit of emailing and get the payment partially refunded which took a couple of days for them sort out.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #39 of 86
Been playing with the HA300 over the last few days, but haven't had a real chance to sit down and listen. Slightly bigger that the HA200 but looks slick. The controls are a bit of a pain with the side wheel and click/front panel combo and I need to work out the best way to keep the genre/compilations etc organised when using the SD card. Far less warm and almost painfully trebled in places than the 200 from my initial listening linking to TIDAL on iPad/iphone but a fantastic sound the couple of tracks I played direct from the micro sd. Worked nicely in the car this avo too. 

Get yours yet Trance?
regarding the high eq issue on your i device, did you try the eq on the hf app?
I have mine in the mail and have already loaded the hf android app and it works weel even through my crappy android phone.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #40 of 86
  Mine should get here any day now, they shipped mine a couple days late, they overcharged me so I had to do a bit of emailing and get the payment partially refunded which took a couple of days for them sort out.

Awesome, Ja man mis read my billing address and delivery so I faced a $130 shipping fee!

regarding the high eq issue on your i device, did you try the eq on the hf app?
I have mine in the mail and have already loaded the hf android app and it works weel even through my crappy android phone.

I haven't used the HF app as been running off Tidal on IOS, will give it a try when I get some media to rip though!
Sounds much better off the SD card to my ears though even though that's currently using iTunes 320kps tracks, but I suspect a lot has to do with my brain being used to the HA200 at this point eh. Nice addition to the car stereo on a trip up coast over the weekend!

I'll try pop up some photos of them side by side at some point with the player display options. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #41 of 86
Anyone able to help? 

Ive currently got a ton of music available in m4a via iTunes match on my mac. I plan to re rip my CD collection over next year but until then I have been transferring tracks to the HA300 via drag and door. The problem is the inbuilt player library organisation. The genres all end up with weird codes, complications are split into 15 albums etc. 

Am I doing something wrong or is it an issue with the iTunes signatures? I tried a playlist sync direct onto the micro sd in nightingale  but had the same issue on the device. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #42 of 86
  My HA300 is on loan. But at the moment it would sell for 467 EUR here in Germany. I listened to it for 3 hours last evening and enjoyed it. At first i was shocked how low the volume was, even on high-gain using my InEar Stagediver 2. I was at max volume (high gain) and still could barely achieve a moderat listening level. Later i found out, that there is a setting, that was set to "ear protect". You can switch it from "Ear Protect" to "-20dB", "-10dB" and "0dB". Which to be honest, is a wonderful idea from Onkyo. This way you can easily use the most sensitive IEMs at the "-20dB" Setting without any hiss and the volume is right were it belongs.

I need to test the HA300 with my full-size Headphones today, but i feel that there is plenty of power to drive those higher-impedance Headphones.

Could you post some more impressions please?
Could you compare to your DX90?

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #43 of 86
  Could you post some more impressions please?
Could you compare to your DX90?

I returned my HA300 because there were several things that annoyed me. The DAP feature with the SD-Card Reader is nice,
but useless for me since my whole music collection is red-book alac's and the HA300 doesn't support alac. That is my mayor
gripe with the HA300. The display also makes it hard to navigate on the sd-card. The operation with an iPhone was easy and
worked great. No need for the Apple CCK because the HA300 is MFI certified. Sound wise it is a good sounding player / dac.
nice separation and a good neutral sound. And it has enough power to drive most headphones to really loud levels without
distorting. Would i chose it over the DX90, no. Simply because of the problem with ALAC Files and the problem navigating
on the display. If you just want to hook up a Smartphone to it, it might be a good choice. even tough the Oppo HA-2 is
cheaper, better looking and easier to stack with a phone.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #44 of 86

I returned my HA300 because there were several things that annoyed me. The DAP feature with the SD-Card Reader is nice,
but useless for me since my whole music collection is red-book alac's and the HA300 doesn't support alac. That is my mayor
gripe with the HA300. The display also makes it hard to navigate on the sd-card. The operation with an iPhone was easy and
worked great. No need for the Apple CCK because the HA300 is MFI certified. Sound wise it is a good sounding player / dac.
nice separation and a good neutral sound. And it has enough power to drive most headphones to really loud levels without
distorting. Would i chose it over the DX90, no. Simply because of the problem with ALAC Files and the problem navigating
on the display. If you just want to hook up a Smartphone to it, it might be a good choice. even tough the Oppo HA-2 is
cheaper, better looking and easier to stack with a phone.

Thank you for that!
Assuming HA300 is paired with a phone:
1. Will it play alacs streamed from the phone.
2. How would you compare this combo to DX90 sound-wise?

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #45 of 86
Thank you for that!
Assuming HA300 is paired with a phone:
1. Will it play alacs streamed from the phone.
2. How would you compare this combo to DX90 sound-wise?

Paired with a Phone, it Will Play ALAC, yes. I found the HA300 to sound great. Spacious and detailed. To be honest, i am not sure if it sounds better then the DX90. I didnt really AB those two. The size is definetly a factor to keep in mind. This thing is larger and heavier then most DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back