Onkyo DAC-HA300
Mar 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #76 of 86
How much better would a DAC in this price range be compared to something like say Audioquest Dragonfly Red?

They released a firmware in January 2017 but as far as I can see there's still no support for ALAC when using the DAC as a DAP. Only when playing directly from an iPhone. Strange.

It isn't really strange as it's the iPhone that plays the file, DAC only converts 0s and 1s to analog signal
But it isn't really a big issue as you can just convert ALAC->FLAC and not lose any detail

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #77 of 86
I hope someone sees this: I have great offer for TEAC P50 for about 180$ and ONKYO HA 300 for 320$, both cost around half the price they normally do.
My question is: is it good idea to buy HA300 if I only plan to use it as a DAC to iPhone or P50 would be enough and there wouldn't be much difference in quality between these two?

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #80 of 86
  Anyone who has the Onkyo HA300 tried the Denon DA10? It's very cheap on amazons uk site right now, so I'm considering trying it out.

My input here might not be of any use, but I'd say go for the Denon. From other reviews it seems like great DAC, I may buy it myself because the UK price of it is equal to DRF in my country and Denon does much more then DFR

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #83 of 86
I have a question. I have had this Onky ha-300 for more than a year now. The problem I have: As soon as I put in an other SD card, the display says: Invalid card. This is quite annoying. Once, I formatted a new sd-card and then put on music on it via USB directly. This was succesful. The Onkyo could read the files. I have a huge selection of sd cards; most of them were used with Fiio players. All my fiio players as well Ibasso DX120 recognise the cd cards immediately. Anyone who got the same problem? And how to solve this? I know the difference between the different types of sd cards (sdhc and sdxc). But neither will be read by this Onkyo ha-300. Please, help! Thanks.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #85 of 86
I have a question. I have had this Onky ha-300 for more than a year now. The problem I have: As soon as I put in an other SD card, the display says: Invalid card. This is quite annoying. Once, I formatted a new sd-card and then put on music on it via USB directly. This was succesful. The Onkyo could read the files. I have a huge selection of sd cards; most of them were used with Fiio players. All my fiio players as well Ibasso DX120 recognise the cd cards immediately. Anyone who got the same problem? And how to solve this? I know the difference between the different types of sd cards (sdhc and sdxc). But neither will be read by this Onkyo ha-300. Please, help! Thanks.
Sorry but I can't help, I have a similar problem. My

HA-300 keeps freezing when scanning and generally rejects cards that work fine on my other devices. I am trying to get it to work with my Nokia 8 phone on Android using the HF Player app and two different types of conversions through OTG Cables (ONKYO : OTG USB B MICRO MALE - USB A FEMALE : USB A MALE to USB C : NOKIA) It doesn't seem to work as the Onkyo says usb on the playing menu page but otherwise looks normal like it is going to play an sd card and the Nokia Onkyo app cannot see the DAC at all. I'm at a loss which is a pity because I love its sound and the new DPX1A costs $1,200 in Australia :frowning2:

May 6, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #86 of 86
At last!
I have both!

Initial observations based on car audio auxiliary input (Subaru Forrester 2015) and A-T r70x open cans and koss titanium porta pro and time stereo (eric mcchanson) is that the Onkyo is deeper bass, wider sound stage, wider frequency response, more natural and detailed through out the treble, high and low mid.
The TEAC has a wonderful eq shape though and I really enjoy it's sound in popular music as female vocals and lead guitar are pushed forward in the mix but the way it compress the treble is just beautiful and get enjoyable as a listen.
The TEAC is superior for pop, the Onkyo for everything else.

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_211055.jpg
    IMG_20210506_211055.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back