Onkyo DAC-HA300
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #61 of 86
I don't know if this is against forum rules, I'm not trying to sell you my product just trying to answer your question but you can get a free listen at my website, there's a player on the front home page.
briancullen.net.au

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #62 of 86
Here's some GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) for you: (note the stunning tatami mat backdrop, shot with Panasonic GX1, Lumix 42.5mm F1.7 lens set around F2.8 [85mm equiv. lens])

My AT im02 with foam tips supplied

The bottom with USB and power connectors. Annoyingly it didnt come with its own charger and the battery arrived at 36%.

The right side with SD card slot and sliding cover, hold slider and tascam style menu rocker and push selector 

The top with volume control, off, digital input/output, High/Low gain switch and lights (I've been running the device with Ear protection on and High Gain and most my music is running at 70% volume which means I wont accidentally blow my ear drums out - a really important and responsible feature ONKYO and Tascam/Teac have included)

DAC300 and Wakayama mandarin for size comparison. This is a large mandarin by western standards. In fact I picked this mandarin myself at a friends house in Arridagawa.

Druuuueeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #63 of 86
Any of you guys getting a sudden complete hiss when connecting this to IOS devices etc? Music cuts out after 10-20 mins or so and its loud white noise.  It doesn't happen with the HA200 so must be an HA300 issue? 

This aside I've has the SE846 while filters i for a couple of weeks and less beat centric tracks shine through, base isn't particularly as impacted as I thought it might. Next stop the neutrals. 

Excellent performances man, will be getting your album for sure - is it a hard copy and is the other also available?

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #64 of 86
Sorry to hear about your noise problems, mine is running fine but I don't connect it to anything - just using the SD Micro card.

You can download my CD from the website, let me know if it isn't working and I'll try and fix it or arrange to send you a hard copy through paypal purchase.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #66 of 86
Hi,

Do you try with Digital I/O? I connect a coaxial cable to get digital out but it doesn't work (already set Digital I/O to "output".

Any advice?

Thanks,

I connect the ian micro to my laptop as DAC and it normally works OK but last night I got sudden and massive digital white noise mid track play back???
I haven't been able to get the DAC to work properly with my Androi phone :frowning2:

Add for the coaxial I haven't tried it.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #69 of 86
Hi,

I orded a HA300 and hope to receive it on Wednesday.

I had the HA200 few months ago but I finally sold it cause I wasn't able to use it on Android with decent battery life. It charged my device and battery was down after less than 2 hours...sounds great however.

It looks like Onkyo provide no support for these unsuccessful products (it seems almost nobody bought them...)

So should I expect issues with the HA300? Anybody who own it are happy with?

Thanks.

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #70 of 86
It sounds great its, much better than sony pha2, and I found it actully drains the battery of my phone to charge it self so you need to worry about your phone battery not the devices battery.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #71 of 86
It sounds great its, much better than sony pha2, and I found it actully drains the battery of my phone to charge it self so you need to worry about your phone battery not the devices battery.

Hum...seems to be the same than HA200...

It charge the device using the USB A port OR it is being charged using the micro usb port via OTG. One way or another the Onkyo's own battery seems useless cause it's like impossible to reach the 8 hours of playback announced.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #73 of 86
I have to admit, ONKYO have not been forth coming with email responses for me. Kind of wishing I got the TEAC now you tell me about the updates. I wonder if I can install the TEAC update? Anybody know the answer to that one?

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #74 of 86
Hello, 

Thank you soundknight21 for your reply.

I ordered the DAC-HA300 this morning, but I have just cancelled my order. So sad ! 
confused_face.gif
 Price was 380 € on an Internet website (less than HA-P90SD price).

Teac released 6 firmwares updates from April 2015 to August 2016. Onkyo : 0 (Zero)
Last update include FLAC 192kHz and 176 Khz support ; which is a "must have" (for me).
I searched on all Onkyo websites and I can't find update for DAC-HA300. 

I have extracted Teac HA-P90SD firmware zip files, I think they will not work for DAC-HA300 (name of the firmware raw file is : HAP90-b108.130

Regards

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #75 of 86
How much better would a DAC in this price range be compared to something like say Audioquest Dragonfly Red?

They released a firmware in January 2017 but as far as I can see there's still no support for ALAC when using the DAC as a DAP. Only when playing directly from an iPhone. Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back