ONIX Miracle - New Generation Hi-Fi Streamer
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #91 of 130
It should work as well as on the Android app. Can you send me in PM what error or any issues is the iOS app giving you?
Does the NAS browsing work fine on your iOS with other apps?

Perhaps you misunderstand @Shanling. The Eddict Player works perfectly well on the iOS app otherwise.

This situation is when i am using the XM10 (via Eddict Player) to play from my NAS. The iOS Eddict Player app (because it is connected to the XM10 via SyncLink) will also show the song being played on the XM10 from NAS. However, my IPhone will only allow me to play within that particular album. But I am not able to browse the NAS on the iPhone - the XM10 is key because remember I am using it to play as a local renderer via DLNA. Should I be able to do so? Frankly, I have no issues using the XM10 to navigate through the NAS. Being able to do so on my iPhone since Eddict Player on the iPhone is reflecting what is playing on the XM10 would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #92 of 130
Perhaps you misunderstand @Shanling. The Eddict Player works perfectly well on the iOS app otherwise.

This situation is when i am using the XM10 (via Eddict Player) to play from my NAS. The iOS Eddict Player app (because it is connected to the XM10 via SyncLink) will also show the song being played on the XM10 from NAS. However, my IPhone will only allow me to play within that particular album. But I am not able to browse the NAS on the iPhone - the XM10 is key because remember I am using it to play as a local renderer via DLNA. Should I be able to do so? Frankly, I have no issues using the XM10 to navigate through the NAS. Being able to do so on my iPhone since Eddict Player on the iPhone is reflecting what is playing on the XM10 would be a nice bonus.
Oh, I see. In this case the SyncLink function doesn't allow for checking NAS. That's two separate parts of the app.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 15, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #93 of 130
Oh, I see. In this case the SyncLink function doesn't allow for checking NAS. That's two separate parts of the app.
No worries. Just wanted to check if I was missing anything. It is at least convenient to navigate with the iPhone within that same album :)

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #94 of 130
Been taking the Miracle through its paces with different headphones. Was listening with the Audio Technica L3000 for some bedtime music. Love the organic voicing of the Miracle. :)

IMG_2387.jpeg

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #95 of 130
Had a lovely session last night of bedtime listening with the MySphere 3.2 with the Onix Miracle. Granted that it had to be run at 45 on high gain. But great density and wonderful holographic listening experience. :)

IMG_2513.jpeg

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #96 of 130
Following on the session with the MySphere 3.2, I decided to take the the MS 3.1 out for a spin with the Onix Miracle. The MS 3.1 was designed to be run with DAPs and, if I recall correctly, with tube amps. Basically, the usual warning is that whatever can drive the MS 3.2 should not be used to drive the MS 3.1 as it may blow out the drivers of the MS 3.1. 🙊

Hence, imagine my delight that the Miracle drives the MS 3.1 nicely at volume 35 on low gain. No issues. No distortion or clipping. Lovely dense surround sound.

I am truly impressed with the versatility and output power control that the Miracle wields. :)

IMG_2620.jpeg

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #97 of 130
Hi Kiats,

May I ask a question.

To play your music do you :
a) use the Shanling Eddict app ?
b) a USB stick plugged intot the Miracle ?

If so, can you please answer this question : if you browse to a folder with several tracks and start the playback of those tracks, does the playback end at the ned of the last track ? Or does it jump to next folder ?

Regards.

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #98 of 130
Hi Kiats,

May I ask a question.

To play your music do you :
a) use the Shanling Eddict app ?
b) a USB stick plugged intot the Miracle ?

If so, can you please answer this question : if you browse to a folder with several tracks and start the playback of those tracks, does the playback end at the ned of the last track ? Or does it jump to next folder ?

Regards.
Most of the time I use either the apps on the DAP or I simply use AirPlay from my iPhone, for ease of use and Apple UI.

However when I do use the Eddict Player to play local files in the DAP and the attached HDD, it will play the songs within the album and at the end go back to the first track. Same behavior when playing from a NAS when SyncLink is not activated.

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #99 of 130
Most of the time I use either the apps on the DAP or I simply use AirPlay from my iPhone, for ease of use and Apple UI.

However when I do use the Eddict Player to play local files in the DAP and the attached HDD, it will play the songs within the album and at the end go back to the first track. Same behavior when playing from a NAS when SyncLink is not activated.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
So it seems Eddict has the same problems on the Miracle that it has in other Shanling devices.
But you're lucky enough to be able to circumvent those problems by using third party apps. And that is what you do even if you don't do it because of Eddict problems but for ease of use...
Duly noted.
Regards

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #100 of 130
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
So it seems Eddict has the same problems on the Miracle that it has in other Shanling devices.
But you're lucky enough to be able to circumvent those problems by using third party apps. And that is what you do even if you don't do it because of Eddict problems but for ease of use...
Duly noted.
Regards
No worries. Well, I can’t say I have really noticed that because I will usually just move to another album to play in any event. :)

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #101 of 130
Hi,
Yes. I understand. On my device the problem is that Eddict skips to the next folder. So if I listen to a classical symphony and the next folder is something with heavy metal, it can be a bit surprising....
And despite several requests, Shanling does not seem to be willing to fix this :frowning2: So I have to find workarounds as there is no third party software support for those devices :frowning2:

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #102 of 130
Hi,
Yes. I understand. On my device the problem is that Eddict skips to the next folder. So if I listen to a classical symphony and the next folder is something with heavy metal, it can be a bit surprising....
And despite several requests, Shanling does not seem to be willing to fix this :frowning2: So I have to find workarounds as there is no third party software support for those devices :frowning2:
Interesting. Let me try to play using directory and folders later. I usually go by albums, rather than folders.

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #103 of 130
Interesting. Let me try to play using directory and folders later. I usually go by albums, rather than folders.
Hi,
Thanks a lot.
Good talking to you.
Indeed if I play an album or browse by artist/album playback stops at the end of the playlist (the album).
Why it does not stop when you browse by folder is a mystery to me.
I usually browse by folders because Eddict does not support the Album artist tag :frowning2: And as such it is difficult to browse in some classical albums (I have about 30 different beethoven complete symphonies sets)...
Besides, should you have several albums with the same title, you'll end up with a mess 😂 I have 3 albums called "Live at the royal Albert hall" by 3 different artists. If I select that artist/album or simply that album, all the tracks by all 3 artists will be included.. as you can see in attached file.

Also it seems that if you browse by albums, only the first 100 albums will show up. Maybe I've done something wrong with a setting ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-29-01-33-44-466_com.shanling.eddictplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-01-33-44-466_com.shanling.eddictplayer.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #104 of 130
Hi,
Thanks a lot.
Good talking to you.
Indeed if I play an album or browse by artist/album playback stops at the end of the playlist (the album).
Why it does not stop when you browse by folder is a mystery to me.
I usually browse by folders because Eddict does not support the Album artist tag :frowning2: And as such it is difficult to browse in some classical albums (I have about 30 different beethoven complete symphonies sets)...
Besides, should you have several albums with the same title, you'll end up with a mess 😂 I have 3 albums called "Live at the royal Albert hall" by 3 different artists. If I select that artist/album or simply that album, all the tracks by all 3 artists will be included.. as you can see in attached file.

Also it seems that if you browse by albums, only the first 100 albums will show up. Maybe I've done something wrong with a setting ?
No worries. I just went and specifically tested your use case in directory view. Yes, you are correct. It will move onto the next folder when when the last song has been played in the current folder. Not sure if there is a control anywhere to stop that from happening.

@Shanling Is there such a switch to prevent that from happening?

@PenguinHeadphoner Perhaps the issue of having a few albums with the same name can be taken care of by meta tagging? It has been years since I last did any tidying up but what I did (for my own sanity as well because DAPs have that issue as well) was to put in parenthesis the artist‘s name in such common titles. By YMMV.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #105 of 130
No worries. I just went and specifically tested your use case in directory view. Yes, you are correct. It will move onto the next folder when when the last song has been played in the current folder. Not sure if there is a control anywhere to stop that from happening.

@Shanling Is there such a switch to prevent that from happening?
Yes, look for "Folder skip" button in settings of the app, turn it Off.
And make sure your playback mode is set to "List Play".

This way playback will stop after you play last file in the folder.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back