XM10
Independent Digital Audio Player / Streamer

XP10
High-End Hi-Fi DAC & Powerful Headphone Amp

XPS10
Highly Specialized Adjustable Power Supply

3(3).jpg

Onix XM10 – Portable Player / Streamer Platform

XM10 brings the never-ending possibilities of an open Android 10 system, with a fast Snapdragon 665 CPU and 6-inch 2K IPS touch screen. Its main role is as a streamer platform, providing the Onix stack with familiar Android UI and easy access to all streaming services and popular music apps. Just insert the XM10 into the docking port on top of the Onix DAC/AMP, where optimized USB output with accurate clocking and reduced jitter assures the ideal performance of digital transport.

And when you have to leave your home, the music doesn’t have to stop, simply take XM10 with you. Offering a simpler audio circuit with AKM AK4493S DAC and dual Ricore RT6863 amplifiers, with an option of balanced output through the provided 4.4mm adapter.

Onix XP10 – High-End DAC / Headphone Amplifier

Featuring flagship 8-channel ESS ES9039PRO DAC, with in-house developed I/V conversion stage based on OPA1611, OPA2211 Low-pass filter and pair of PGA2311 for precise 254-step volume control. Paired with an advanced transistor headphone amplifier, utilizing a fully balanced audio design and offering up to 5.6W @ 32 Ohm // 0.85W @ 300 Ohm.

Additional features are available thanks to the Ingenic X2000 platform and compact 3.2-inch touch screen. Adding Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility with LDAC support for easy music streaming and even allowing the XP10 to act as a completely independent music rig, thanks to the support of playback from USB drives.

All fitting into compact CNC machined chassis, with gold-plated volume wheel resembling the origins of the Onix brand.

Onix XPS10 – Specialized Power Supply

Designed as a companion for the XP10 DAC, utilizing a pair of Noratel 30W transformers and offering unique 12 – 24 V output with macro and micro-adjustments.

XPS10 is not just about providing clean power for the DAC, it opens a brand-new world of adjustability thanks to its variable output. From mellow sound of 12V, to highly dynamic 24V, users can adjust their sound in multiple steps, including micro adjustments at 0.1V levels. Providing more control over the overall sound, for ideal matching with any pair of headphones or speakers.

2(1).jpg

Onix Company Introduction

Onix products date back to Brighton, UK in 1979, with founder Tony Brady designing his first amplifiers in a small warehouse next to the Brighton pier. It was then his friend Michael O'Brien, an experienced Hi-Fi brand manager, who helped to fully establish the Onix Hi-Fi brand in 1984.

From 1984 to 1990, Onix in was designing and manufacturing a range of Hi-Fi amplifiers, exporting them from UK to 28 countries around the World. In the 90s, the company was re-structuralized and later acquired by Rogers Speakers. This marks a time when Onix got very active in the speaker market, producing a range of high-end speakers alongside its Hi-Fi amplifiers.

In 1997, Onix’s designs and brand name were acquired by a Taiwanese company under the management of Mr. Pu Hsao Hsiung, with the core idea to continue the traditional British Hi-Fi engineering and bring Onix brand to a new millennium.

Nowadays, Onix brand is still managed from Taiwan by Mr. Pu, in cooperation with Chinese Hi-Fi manufacturer Shanling. Current portfolio includes CD players, integrated amplifiers and the newly launched Miracle Hi-Fi Streamer Stack. Onix products are available directly in the Taiwanese and Chinese markets, with Shanling distributors providing assistance in other international markets.

From the small seaside town of Brighton, over the island of Taiwan, to the bustling Shenzhen in Greater Bay Area, Onix was always changing and improving in many different ways, but the soul of British sound stayed at its core.

Contact for international markets: world@onixhiend.com

1689834646785.png

Specification

XP10 – DAC/Amp

DAC – ESS ES9039Pro
USB Input – Xmos XU316
System Platform – Ingenic X2000
Screen – 3.2 Inch Touch screen
Remote control – Through SyncLink in Eddict Player app
Hi-Res support – 32 bit / 768 kHz & DSD512 & MQA
Digital input – USB Dock, USB-C, Coaxial, Optical, Bluetooth
Digital Output – Coaxial & Optical
Bluetooth - Bluetooth 5.0 with LDAC and SBC support
Local Playback – USB Drive port
Headphone Outputs – 3.5mm & 6.35 Single-ended, 4.4mm & XLR Balanced
Analog Output – RCA & XLR, with Pre-amp capabilities
Analog Input - RCA
Gain – 6 Stages adjustment

Headphone Output
Output power SE – 1.7W @32ohm / 0.22W @300ohm
Output power BAL – 5.6W @32ohm / 0.8W @300ohm
THD+N – 0.0003% (A-Weight @ 1V High gain)
Dynamic range - 124DB (A-Weight High gain)
Channel separation - 111dB @ 32 ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio - 124dB (A-Weight High gain)
Noise - 111dB (Low Gain) / 103dB (High gain)
Output impedance - 2.4 ohms

XLR Output
THD+N – 0.0005% (A-Weight @ 1V High gain)
Signal-to-noise ratio - 123dB (A-Weight High gain)
Noise - 111dB
Output Level – 4.4V

XM10 – Portable Player

System – Open Android 10
CPU – Snapdragon 665 8-core
Memory – 64GB and microSD card slot (Up to 2TB)
Screen – 6-inch IPS
Resolution – 2160 * 1080
DAC – AKM AK4493SEQ
Amplifier – 2x RT6863
Battery - 3350mAh
Battery Life – Up to 18h
Hi-Res Support - 32 bit / 768 kHz & DSD512 & MQA
Output – Combined 3.5mm, with an option of balanced 4.4mm through an adapter
Output power SE – 125mW @32ohm
Output power BAL – 230mW @32ohm
Dynamic range - 120DB (A-Weight High gain)
Channel separation - 110dB @ 32 ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio - 120dB (A-Weight High gain)
Output impedance – 0.8 // 1.6 ohm

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 20, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 130
The stack looks very elegant, but why again rely on an already outdated version of Android for a newly released product?

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 130
Doesn't look half bad but why does the DAC/AMP use ESS Chips while the DAP has AKM?
Which DAC is used when the DAP is docked?

Also why Android 10 on a new Device?

Jul 20, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 130
Doesn't look half bad but why does the DAC/AMP use ESS Chips while the DAP has AKM?

1) Two flavors in one
2) I think it has sense the ESS is used when is docked
3) Surely Android 10 has been more tested in this kind of products. Android 11 and above has some problems accessing to external drives, doing some apps working really slow.

Jul 20, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #7 of 130
Same 3.5mm - to - 4.4mm adapter as the M0 Pro? Included in the package lol?

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 130
My first thought:

Voltron-Live-Action-Movie.jpg

Should I take photo of Miracle next to my Voltron EDH deck? :)

The DACs are chosen for different purposes.

ESS in the XP10 is power demanding flagship DAC and lately both us and Onix are impressed by these new ESS chipsets.

XM10 gets AK4493S, as it's a good sounding, but power-efficient chip for this DAP and better choice than comparable ESS DACs.

It's running the same Snapdragon 665 as our other devices, hence the same Android version.

Will you be demoing this at the London CanJam by any chance?

Sorry, no.

Same 3.5mm - to - 4.4mm adapter as the M0 Pro? Included in the package lol?

Yes, the same adapter, included in the package.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 21, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 130
The concept is beautiful, but I would love to have few things done differently:
1. Of course everything depends on how amplification stage is implemented, but all ESS DACs based products fall short to latest AKM or ROHM chips in terms of sounding more true to life in my opinion
2. Outputs power on the DAP is way too low and will struggle with some of TOTL IEM offerings for sure to bring them to their full potential

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #12 of 130
Very nice concept, and should theoretically be convenient to be used at home... (Probably, this is a significantly more coherent system then the one I already own for a few years with my actually a FIIO M17+ a SMSL SU-9 + Monolith THX887)
But, for a rather obsolete XM 10 hardware
-> not clear about wifi 5 or 6
-> at 5K$ we expect an Oled Screen,
-> BT5.0 is less stable than 5.3
-> half internal memory of a 5 years old NW-WM1A
-> android system 10 is too outdated (in 2023/2024 why not 13 for battery optimization)
-> and maybe a just too limited power available on the way (probably not a Class D like Sony's WM1A2/Z2).
I think the price tag is somewhere inadequate.. Moreover, I am afraid of some endemic never solved software issues with Shanling (see the M30 Thread).

Even with a more powerful M9plus instead this limited XM10, I don't think I will spend more than 5000$ (with VAT) for such combo.

Anyway, that's the right path to be followed, maybe for other manufacturers who can set a more adequate price tag.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 130
The DACs are chosen for different purposes.

ESS in the XP10 is power demanding flagship DAC and lately both us and Onix are impressed by these new ESS chipsets.

XM10 gets AK4493S, as it's a good sounding, but power-efficient chip for this DAP and better choice than comparable ESS DACs.

It's running the same Snapdragon 665 as our other devices, hence the same Android version
Thx for the explanation

Jul 21, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 130

Onix Miracle

Designed by Onix //// Made by Shanling

Sold in Shanling’s international distribution network

Price: 4 999 USD

Availability: Now Shipping

Unique Triple Device Stack:

XM10
Independent Digital Audio Player / Streamer

XP10
High-End Hi-Fi DAC & Powerful Headphone Amp

XPS10
Highly Specialized Adjustable Power Supply

Onix XM10 – Portable Player / Streamer Platform

XM10 brings the never-ending possibilities of an open Android 10 system, with a fast Snapdragon 665 CPU and 6-inch 2K IPS touch screen. Its main role is as a streamer platform, providing the Onix stack with familiar Android UI and easy access to all streaming services and popular music apps. Just insert the XM10 into the docking port on top of the Onix DAC/AMP, where optimized USB output with accurate clocking and reduced jitter assures the ideal performance of digital transport.

And when you have to leave your home, the music doesn’t have to stop, simply take XM10 with you. Offering a simpler audio circuit with AKM AK4493S DAC and dual Ricore RT6863 amplifiers, with an option of balanced output through the provided 4.4mm adapter.

Onix XP10 – High-End DAC / Headphone Amplifier

Featuring flagship 8-channel ESS ES9039PRO DAC, with in-house developed I/V conversion stage based on OPA1611, OPA2211 Low-pass filter and pair of PGA2311 for precise 254-step volume control. Paired with an advanced transistor headphone amplifier, utilizing a fully balanced audio design and offering up to 5.6W @ 32 Ohm // 0.85W @ 300 Ohm.

Additional features are available thanks to the Ingenic X2000 platform and compact 3.2-inch touch screen. Adding Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility with LDAC support for easy music streaming and even allowing the XP10 to act as a completely independent music rig, thanks to the support of playback from USB drives.

All fitting into compact CNC machined chassis, with gold-plated volume wheel resembling the origins of the Onix brand.

Onix XPS10 – Specialized Power Supply

Designed as a companion for the XP10 DAC, utilizing a pair of Noratel 30W transformers and offering unique 12 – 24 V output with macro and micro-adjustments.

XPS10 is not just about providing clean power for the DAC, it opens a brand-new world of adjustability thanks to its variable output. From mellow sound of 12V, to highly dynamic 24V, users can adjust their sound in multiple steps, including micro adjustments at 0.1V levels. Providing more control over the overall sound, for ideal matching with any pair of headphones or speakers.

Onix Company Introduction

Onix products date back to Brighton, UK in 1979, with founder Tony Brady designing his first amplifiers in a small warehouse next to the Brighton pier. It was then his friend Michael O'Brien, an experienced Hi-Fi brand manager, who helped to fully establish the Onix Hi-Fi brand in 1984.

From 1984 to 1990, Onix in was designing and manufacturing a range of Hi-Fi amplifiers, exporting them from UK to 28 countries around the World. In the 90s, the company was re-structuralized and later acquired by Rogers Speakers. This marks a time when Onix got very active in the speaker market, producing a range of high-end speakers alongside its Hi-Fi amplifiers.

In 1997, Onix’s designs and brand name were acquired by a Taiwanese company under the management of Mr. Pu Hsao Hsiung, with the core idea to continue the traditional British Hi-Fi engineering and bring Onix brand to a new millennium.

Nowadays, Onix brand is still managed from Taiwan by Mr. Pu, in cooperation with Chinese Hi-Fi manufacturer Shanling. Current portfolio includes CD players, integrated amplifiers and the newly launched Miracle Hi-Fi Streamer Stack. Onix products are available directly in the Taiwanese and Chinese markets, with Shanling distributors providing assistance in other international markets.

From the small seaside town of Brighton, over the island of Taiwan, to the bustling Shenzhen in Greater Bay Area, Onix was always changing and improving in many different ways, but the soul of British sound stayed at its core.

Contact for international markets: world@onixhiend.com

Specification

XP10 – DAC/Amp

DAC – ESS ES9039Pro
USB Input – Xmos XU316
System Platform – Ingenic X2000
Screen – 3.2 Inch Touch screen
Remote control – Through SyncLink in Eddict Player app
Hi-Res support – 32 bit / 768 kHz & DSD512 & MQA
Digital input – USB Dock, USB-C, Coaxial, Optical, Bluetooth
Digital Output – Coaxial & Optical
Bluetooth - Bluetooth 5.0 with LDAC and SBC support
Local Playback – USB Drive port
Headphone Outputs – 3.5mm & 6.35 Single-ended, 4.4mm & XLR Balanced
Analog Output – RCA & XLR, with Pre-amp capabilities
Analog Input - RCA
Gain – 6 Stages adjustment

Headphone Output
Output power SE – 1.7W @32ohm / 0.22W @300ohm
Output power BAL – 5.6W @32ohm / 0.8W @300ohm
Dynamic range - 124DB (A-Weight High gain)
Channel separation - 111dB @ 32 ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio - 124dB (A-Weight High gain)
Noise - 111dB (Low Gain) / 103dB (High gain)
Output impedance - 2.4 ohms

XLR Output
THD+N – 0.0005% (A-Weight @ 1V High gain)
Signal-to-noise ratio - 123dB (A-Weight High gain)
Noise - 111dB
Output Level – 4.4V

XM10 – Portable Player

System – Open Android 10
CPU – Snapdragon 665 8-core
Memory – 64GB and microSD card slot (Up to 2TB)
Screen – 6-inch IPS
Resolution – 2160 * 1080
DAC – AKM AK4493SEQ
Amplifier – 2x RT6863
Battery - 3350mAh
Battery Life – Up to 18h
Hi-Res Support - 32 bit / 768 kHz & DSD512 & MQA
Output – Combined 3.5mm, with an option of balanced 4.4mm through an adapter
Output power SE – 125mW @32ohm
Output power BAL – 230mW @32ohm
Dynamic range - 120DB (A-Weight High gain)
Channel separation - 110dB @ 32 ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio - 120dB (A-Weight High gain)
Output impedance – 0.8 // 1.6 ohm
I like that this piece talks about the people from the brand and its history. Many Chinese brands often hide their history or tend to hide behind a huge corporate shell, often seeming a cold and faceless operation of marketing. Like many of us, we buy chi-fi and like knowing who makes some of the gears we get from there. This is why alot of us rock with likes of Hifiman, Audio-gd, Moondrop, Fiio and others showing who many of us have a connection with here...!! Good to see this is happening more and more because alot of this is about relationship!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 130
Very nice concept, and should theoretically be convenient to be used at home... (Probably, this is a significantly more coherent system then the one I already own for a few years with my actually a FIIO M17+ a SMSL SU-9 + Monolith THX887)
But, for a rather obsolete XM 10 hardware
-> not clear about wifi 5 or 6
-> at 5K$ we expect an Oled Screen,
-> BT5.0 is less stable than 5.3
-> half internal memory of a 5 years old NW-WM1A
-> android system 10 is too outdated (in 2023/2024 why not 13 for battery optimization)
-> and maybe a just too limited power available on the way (probably not a Class D like Sony's WM1A2/Z2).
I think the price tag is somewhere inadequate.. Moreover, I am afraid of some endemic never solved software issues with Shanling (see the M30 Thread).

Even with a more powerful M9plus instead this limited XM10, I don't think I will spend more than 5000$ (with VAT) for such combo.

Anyway, that's the right path to be followed, maybe for other manufacturers who can set a more adequate price tag.
I understand why people are often critical when looking at Shanling product specs on paper, I have been too, but I also found that Shanling's products have been surprisingly good in practical use long term. The M8, although certainly not flawless, has been such a versatile and well-performing DAP. I have been surprised time and again how, when my main TOTL DAP falls short, the M8 always comes to the rescue. Recently, after a much newer DAP got accidentally damaged, I dusted off the M2X and found it still streamed Tidal and performed surprisingly well given its age and price point.

I'm not saying this to suck up to Shanling. It's just that in my experience on the long term, day-to-day use of their products, these outperform expectation and it has made me realise that many people (myself included) underestimate Shanling purely based on reading specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back