on-ear headphones for primarily death metal & grind?
Sep 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #48 of 50
follow up over a year later:

got the sennheiser hd-25 1 ii a day or two after my last post. they're excellent.

about a month ago i decided to try a few over-the-ears to find something more comfortable & i wasn't sure i loved them anymore. ironically enough:
- i ended up getting new glasses at the same time that eliminated my discomfort
- they all made me realize how good the samsungs were.

they weren't recommended here, but i grabbed:
- sennheiser hd 380 pro
- sennheiser hd 280 pro
- sony mdr7506

i actually like the sonys, and i'm going to either keep them or send them back for a new pair of grados for light listening in the house & primarily for electronic drums.

didn't like anything about either sennheiser.

strongly considering trying the beyerdynamics that were suggested too. just to try.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #49 of 50
Quote:
follow up over a year later:

got the samsung hd-25 1 ii a day or two after my last post. they're excellent.

about a month ago i decided to try a few over-the-ears to find something more comfortable & i wasn't sure i loved them anymore. ironically enough:
- i ended up getting new glasses at the same time that eliminated my discomfort
- they all made me realize how good the samsungs were.

they weren't recommended here, but i grabbed:
- samsung hd 380 pro
- samsung hd 280 pro
- sony mdr7506

i actually like the sonys, and i'm going to either keep them or send them back for a new pair of grados for light listening in the house & primarily for electronic drums.

didn't like anything about either samsung.

strongly considering trying the beyerdynamics that were suggested too. just to try.

I guess you mean Sennheiser and not Samsung? 
I'm also considering buying the Sennheiser hd25 -1 ii .
Mainly listening to Metal/Grind/Thrash and sometimes also electro stuff.
What I have read in this thread they seem to be kind of a good all-round headphone, am I right?
I'm looking for a pair that are great for listening to metal but also have the base to good with electronic music.
The comfort is also a major part. I have tried the style of AKG K 518 but I don't like it when the cups are pressing onto your ears. Would rather have them so they cover my ears. Would this be a problem if I choose the Sennheiser hd25 -1 ii?

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #50 of 50
yes, i meant sennheiser everywhere i mentioned samsung.

i think the qualities that make these great for death metal would also make electro stuff sound good. the bass is just really, really good.

they look similar in form to the akgs, so i don't doubt that you'd experience the same issue. they're pretty comfortable to me, just less so when i'm wearing certain hats with glasses.

that being said, i've tested all those i listed, and none of the over ears came close in terms of sound, aside from the sonys.

have not tried the beyerdynamics yet...still intend to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back