Om audio inearpeace - has anyone tried these?
Jan 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #46 of 64
here's my in depth review of the OM Audio InEarPeace

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698277/om-audio-inearpeace-hybrid-iem-the-single-ba-single-dynamic-driver-iem-done-right

PEACE!!!

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #48 of 64
That is a very articulate critique. I definitely enjoyed reading it and I am sure others will find it useful.

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #49 of 64
I ordered a FiiO X3 to play my OM Audio InEarPeace through. This should be an eargasm?!

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #52 of 64
I'll post a comparison as soon as the DUNU come in, and I give them a few spins.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #54 of 64
  Still on the radar, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It'll probably be soon though.

you'll like them. They are wonderfully balanced hybrids.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #55 of 64
IEMagnet I see that you also have the MD Trumpets.  How do the OM Audio IEP compare?  I'm trying to decide between this, the T-Peos H200 and MD Trumpet.  

New headfier so apologies if I missed anything earlier. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #56 of 64
The Trumpets are smoother, and the bass is a bit weightier and sub bass deeper in the Trumpets. The place where the OM Audio trump the Trumpets is in soundstage, detail, and the highs are much more extended and decay longer. A cymbal crash on the OM goes crasssssssssshh then fade while the Trumpets go crasssssh then fade. The treble is a bit more laid back on the Trumpets. The OM has more energetic treble, more aggressive mids, and a more balanced IEM overall, while the Trumpets are smoother, more restrained, with that deep punchy bass.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #57 of 64
Thanks for the response and nice commentary on the difference.  They seem like the opposite ends of the spectrum.  I'm a big fan of wide soundstage with good imaging so I may  need to try out the OMs even if the bass isn't as weighty as the Trumpets.  I'm getting the sense from your review that the OMs bass, while not as weighty, still has plenty of punch.  Am I correct in that thinking?  

How about against the T-Peos H200?  Do you have any direct experience with those?  Thanks!

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #58 of 64
Anyone else get these?

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #59 of 64
$38 on Woot.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/om-audio-inearpeace-in-ear-headphone?ref=cnt_wp_0_1

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #60 of 64
  $38 on Woot.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/om-audio-inearpeace-in-ear-headphone?ref=cnt_wp_0_1

Bought them... $45 delivered with shipping and tax. Out of the box and unbroken in these beat every other IEM I own including several sets of the more expensive Jlab Audio IEMs (dark sounding)  and my ETymotic Research ER-4s  (bright and bass shy). Out of the box they are well balanced, with lots of detail, accurate tight bass, balanced mid-range and smooth, extended highs. The only thing I have noticed is on some recordings, I "notice" the right channel more than the left. Could be as little as a 1 DB difference, but these things are so accurate that any balance problem is noticeable! What I find truly amazing is that these things give my reference Sennheiser HD-650s with pure silver replacement cable a run for the money. Can't wait to see how they sound once they are broken in 40 hours per IEMagnet01's definitive review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back