Om audio inearpeace - has anyone tried these?
Oct 4, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #61 of 64
I got some too.

I'm enjoying them, though I had to use tips from a different pair of headphones.  These tips were just too uncomfortable.

Also, the remote was a bit weird and didn't work at first.  Now it seems to be working fine.  I do wish that it had volume control.

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #62 of 64
These seem pretty bad imo. They can be ok with the right song but on the whole I find the sound discombobulated- bass can have nice impact but very bloat-prone and uneven response, mids are thin/very unnatural sounding, treble & details have at least two painful peaks. They react very weirdly to volume changes as well and the response curve almost seems to shift mid-song sometimes. Build seems quite nice, though. Not a fan of flat cables but this one is rather good and the housings have a solid feel.

Not sure how to explain the fairly positive impressions verging on total hyperbole written about them here and elswhere, perhaps QC/manufacturing variability issues? Could also explain the big disparity between MSRP and actual resale price. Based on what I've heard there are better headphones for $10, not to mention the $40 amazon is charging or $150 msrp
blink.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #63 of 64
I found them to be uncomfortable & fragile.  I can't explain it, but it seems the plastic tip must be slightly larger or different from other IEMs as they apply more pressure to the insides of my ears, even with the same tips.

Then within a couple months, they connector failed.  Now touching the connector results in a crackling sound.

As for the sound, I found them to be just OK.  Maybe ok at $40... not even close to being worth $150.

I would also add that I find the lack of volume buttons on the remote a bit frustrating.

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #64 of 64
Ah, so much for build quality lol.
Anyone looking at these because they want a budget hybrid, I'd suggest following ClieOS's new budget hybrid comparison thread, yonder---> http://www.head-fi.org/t/795851/the-craze-for-budget-hybrid-a-quick-comparison-work-in-progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back