Om audio inearpeace - has anyone tried these?
Jan 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #33 of 64
I'm tempted, your detailed review was very helpful.

However, I just got rid of my RE-400, because my current favorite dual driver, the Havi, is actually just as resolving and transparent as the RE-400 was (moreso actually), but the Havi extends higher and lower. If the OM isn't as resolving as the RE-400, it may not be for me.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #34 of 64
  I'm tempted, your detailed review was very helpful.

However, I just got rid of my RE-400, because my current favorite dual driver, the Havi, is actually just as resolving and transparent as the RE-400 was (moreso actually), but the Havi extends higher and lower. If the OM isn't as resolving as the RE-400, it may not be for me.

If you're looking for that transparency that dynamic drivers seem to provide, then no, the OM isn't like that. It is clear. crystal clear and very detailed, but it's way too lively and energetic to have that transparency and resolve that tends to make the HiFiMan IEM's "boring", but resolving of micro details. I like my music with more energy and crisp mids. That way the guitars in my metal music sound enthralling and exciting. That is something the HiFiMan simply cannot provide. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #35 of 64
You guys are killing me.

INEARPEACE seems to be getting unanimous praise and I have yet to have a hybrid IEM...

Just this past year, I've gotten the GR07BE, PFE132, XBA-4iP, VSD1/S/LE (yes all three), SS Flux, M-Duo, Piston 2.0, Monoprice 9927 UE6000, M-80...

I resolved to achieve Inner Peace with my wallet (and wife) this year by holding off on any further headphone purchases until the ones I got stop functioning (no sabotage).

That Moe code is not helping...damn you all!
angry_face.gif

But I cannot break my New Year Resolution less than a week in...I will add these to my wishlist for Christmas/birthday.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #37 of 64
We need an Om vs. AX-35 comparison
etysmile.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #38 of 64
i dont like the design......and jazzy jeff....come on.

i hate companies that feel they need to use celebrity's to market a product. there are products out there that on their own merit sell themselves.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #39 of 64
  i dont like the design......and jazzy jeff....come on.

i hate companies that feel they need to use celebrity's to market a product. there are products out there that on their own merit sell themselves.

the design is amazing. the flat chord truly does not tangle. They are the most comfortable bullet shaped IEM's I've ever worn. hands down! This isn't hype. THIS IS FACT!! Whatever tech they claim makes these more comfortable and pressure free, it works. These sound great and OM Audio should be proud of their actually making a great single/single hybrid. 

as for musician sponsors?? 

AKG = Quincy Jones
Monster = Miles Davis estate/Nick Cannon
Ultimate Ears = Coldplay/Alanis Morrisette
Sennheiser = Public Enemy/House Of Blues
Meelectronics = Saving Abel/Greg Manning

So just because these companies use musicians as sponsors, all they produce are crap??? because they can't sell on merit alone?? I think that these companies can get such artists to endorse them, that is the merit it deserves. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #40 of 64
  the design is amazing. the flat chord truly does not tangle. They are the most comfortable bullet shaped IEM's I've ever worn. hands down! This isn't hype. THIS IS FACT!! Whatever tech they claim makes these more comfortable and pressure free, it works. These sound great and OM Audio should be proud of their actually making a great single/single hybrid. 

as for musician sponsors?? 

AKG = Quincy Jones
Monster = Miles Davis estate/Nick Cannon
Ultimate Ears = Coldplay/Alanis Morrisette
Sennheiser = Public Enemy/House Of Blues
Meelectronics = Saving Abel/Greg Manning

So just because these companies use musicians as sponsors, all they produce are crap??? because they can't sell on merit alone?? I think that these companies can get such artists to endorse them, that is the merit it deserves. 

im just saying, im not saying these arent good headphones.

but my gripe with celebrity driven headphone or iem markets, is that alot of them are geared more towards a looks vs actually having good sound quality, if they are sponsored by a artist and sound good thats fine....but some of these companies could put out better product vs creating a product thatis more a clothing accessory than something that delivers great sound.

if these sound good, great...

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #41 of 64
These sound great, and I don't need DJ JAZZY JEFF to tell me they sound great. These are not Beats. These are world class hybrid hi-fi.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #43 of 64
I couldn't care less if Ron Jeremy and Richard Simmons endorsed them. Right now, they are the best I have.... Hendrix sure does sound good.

^5!! I was listening to Hendrix earlier with the OM, and yes indeed, those guitars sounded SWEET!!! 

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #45 of 64
I couldn't care less if Ron Jeremy and Richard Simmons endorsed them. Right now, they are the best I have.... Hendrix sure does sound good.

I'd buy a Ron Jeremy IEM. I just wouldn't want to shove it in my ear. lol

Someone buy more of my classified stuff so I can purchase these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back