Olympic Games 2008 thread - Sports only!
Aug 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #61 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anxiously awaiting the rings, pummel horse, and floor....

Heh, that turned out to be quite a prophetic mis-type. Pummel is right. The implied apparatus kicked team USA's silver chances. Really, the out of bounds on the floor, began the leak. All debbie downer stuff, 'cause the boys did a great job just to make the stand and brought a certain energy didn't they? Jonathon Horton (Boomer Sooner) is a wee bit of gamer - big time that kid.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #62 of 160
Anybody here do any of the olympic sports?

I used to breakdance, and found doing flares and circles on a pummel-horse, is MUCH harder than on the ground. I can't even do ONE flare on the handles, and it's hit and miss if I do it on the horse itself.

I've been getting into fitness like a madman and recently bought some rings. I can do a muscle up to an iron cross and hold it for like 1-2 seconds...mad props to the guys that can work the crap out of those things for nearly a minute.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #64 of 160
Those guys on the horseys were indeed bad ass. 2 out of 3 of our guys botched it, but that last cat's routine was inspirational. His hands were moving around that apparatus like a three-card Monte dealer. I was convinced he'd fall. It was incredible when he didn't.

Some of those high bar dismounts from the Chinese stuck like one ton lawn darts. I couldn't help yelping when they did.

Aug 12, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #65 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody here do any of the olympic sports?

I'm a swimmer, I competed at New Zealand's swimming trials in March. I placed third in 200m butterfly, but I'm not good enough yet to have had a realistic shot at making the team. The qualifying cut too fast for me right now.

Aug 13, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #70 of 160
Damn, China should have denied his visa.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #71 of 160
Phelps is a fine American. I never heard him other than humble and respectful in an interview. Apparently, the next few events will be more of a challenge.

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Damn, China should have denied his visa.

China should of done the world a favor and sent all their gymnasts, divers, and weightlifters to the panda farm for the Olympics.
eek.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #72 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
China should of done the world a favor and sent all their gymnasts, divers, and weightlifters to the panda farm for the Olympics.
eek.gif

What?

and

OU sux

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #73 of 160
just amazing display at women's gymnastics team final just now!
Great job by China, and I feel bad for Alicia Sacromone and rest of american team. Individuals should be something to watch!!

What happened to russia? TV barely showed any coverage of them, and they didn't even get bronze! fight for bronze would've been interesting.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #74 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

True that.
biggrin.gif

Diving is probably one of those sports where China holds a monopoly on exported trainers just like Korea does with archery.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #75 of 160
I know the U.S. employs a Chinese coach for diving. Rightfully so, your country has been incredibly impressive in the event. None of the synchro events have been close.

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happened to russia?

The Russians had a very bad - two falls - beam rotation. That killed their medal hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back