OHIO Meeting?Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #226 of 293
@Slater - I'm having car issues that I'm hoping to resolve before Saturday. I'll try to be there at least for two hours (not sure if I can stay longer) ... maybe 12-2pm if I need to get car stuff done in the morning. If things go as planned I'll try to be there 11-2pm and I will bring:

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Mjolnir 1 (to sell for cheap)
Schiit Gungnir MB + USB Gen 5
Sennheiser HD800 stock (balanced cable)

CA Andromedas

Pro Co Sound Switch Witch - NOT BRINGING

**I will possibly not have a good source/laptop w/music to bring**

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #227 of 293
Everyone,

I was recently contacted by Bill, sales manager at Audio Technica. He would like to lend us some headphones for the meet; given we can work out shipping and everything before Saturday. He asked me what we would be interested in hearing. I understand there will be some newer people as well as people who have been listening to high end gear for years attending the meet. With that in mind, I suggested the MSR7 and R70X for the cheaper end of the lineup and then an open-back and a closed-back from the upper end of their lineup.

Are there any other models that anyone would like to hear that I should ask him about?

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #228 of 293
Current compilation from the thread of people who said they are bringing gear.
Mr. Speakers Aeon
HIFIMAN HE 400I Dekoni Earpads
Ifi Black Label Dac Amp
Periodic Audio BE IEM's[/COLOR]
Audiofly AF180 Universal In-Ear Monitor

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Mjolnir 1 (maybe)
Schiit Gungnir MB + USB Gen 5
Sennheiser HD800 stock (balanced cable)
Pro Co Sound Switch Witch (maybe)

HD800S (w/ stock or balanced cable)
HD650
DT150
Bifrost Uber
Modi 2 Uber
Tricked out Bottlehead Crack (oodles of mods + component upgrades)
Vintage NAD 3020 receiver
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD600
MrSpeakers Aeon Closed-Back
MrSpeakers Aeon Open-Back - On order. I will bring them if they come in before the meet.
Monoprice M1060
Philips Fidelio X2 (if I don't return it by then)
Philips SHP9500S
Status Audio CB-1
Custom Symphones V7/Grado build

DAC/Amps:
ifi micro iDSD BL
Oppo HA-2SE
xDuoo XD-05
FiiO Q1

Amps:
Garage 1217 Project Ember II (with different tubes)
Garage 1217 Project Polaris
Little Dot MkIII

Little Dot MkIII
MRSpeakers Alpha dog
Fostex TH X00 PH
Phillips SHP9500
Along with all my vintages like
Kenwood KH-71
Yamaha YH-2
AKG K240 600 ohm
Sennheiser hd 450 II & 480
Ultrasone HFI-700
Pioneer monitor 10

AKG K240, Sennheiser HD 555, Sennheiser HD 558, Sony MDR-7506

Theta Basic IIIa
EC Zana Deux Super
HD650 modded
HE-500 modded
Stax SRA-3S
Stax Lambda Normal Bias
Schiit Modi + Asgard

Schiit Modi + Asgard
HD650
DT880 (32 ohm)

Focal Elears
AQ Nighthawks
DT-770 Pro, 250 ohms
SHP9500
Status Audio CB-1
NFB 11.28
iFi DSD Black Label
Schiit Fulla 2
ZMF Eikons, garage 1217 project horizon, and a modi multibit.

Current list and please note if this is your stuff you mentioned that your bringing. A folding chair, table , powerstrip and extension cord will be helpful since we have alot of stuff listed that people are bringing.

I will update this next Sunday so Axel can see what stuff he can fill in from the HEad-Fi office. I am excited that we will be having a great event .
My Office is in a State Farm Office building and the entrance is on the south endo the building .

Hasemeier Health
345 North Main Street
Springboro Ohio 45066

I would recommend to get off at the Austin Blvd exit on I-75 due to some other construction. and go south on 741 then my office will be on your left after 4 traffic lights.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Hope it is not too late to reply to this, finally get everything settle down and here is the stuff I can bring:

DAC:
Lavry Gold DA924
Mytek Manhattan II

Amp
Headamp BHSE

Headphone:
Stax SR009
Focal Utopia
Philips X1

I will also tried to bring a folding table and a power strip. Seems like it would be a really good meeting this time.

Thanks,

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #229 of 293
Everyone,

I was recently contacted by Bill, sales manager at Audio Technica. He would like to lend us some headphones for the meet; given we can work out shipping and everything before Saturday. He asked me what we would be interested in hearing. I understand there will be some newer people as well as people who have been listening to high end gear for years attending the meet. With that in mind, I suggested the MSR7 and R70X for the cheaper end of the lineup and then an open-back and a closed-back from the upper end of their lineup.

Are there any other models that anyone would like to hear that I should ask him about?

Is there a chance we can get a a2000z? I don't have too many experience with Audio Technica but I am really interested in this closed back headphone. Especially I read the reviews seems it is pretty good for Jpop and BGMs. Thanks.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #230 of 293
Is there a chance we can get a a2000z? I don't have too many experience with Audio Technica but I am really interested in this closed back headphone. Especially I read the reviews seems it is pretty good for Jpop and BGMs. Thanks.
I did specifically mention that one when I listed some of their higher-end headphones. I'll let him know that someone else would like to hear it as well.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #233 of 293
This is going to be a mighty fine meet :)

I'm assuming there will be wifi? I have at least 5 laptops/phones I can bring with Tidal so we can have lossless everywhere

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #234 of 293
Everyone,

• MSR7
  • AD700
  • R70X

Would be great!

Oct 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #236 of 293
Oct 24, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #237 of 293
We will be full and spilling out into the hallway if everyone comes and this will be a good thing to have. I am excited on all the gear and if there is interest can go to to 3pm if people haven't heard everything they want to hear.

Rick

This may be a terrible time to ask but may I join this fine meet?

Equipment I can bring:

DT770 Pro 80Ohm
Modi2U + Magni2U
Laptop+Tidal
Hifiman HE400i
Oppo HA2 (non-SE)
AudioQuest NightOwl (if I get it in time - snailmail soon to be in transit)...
Topping DX7 (also if I get it in time - snailmail soon to be in transit)...
Chairs, couple power strips, long extension cable

@leon995
Are we really going to have an SR009 and a Focal Utopia at this place?! O_O It would be a dream come true to hear either of these things.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #238 of 293
Wait, why did I pay $700 in hotel and airfare to attend RMAF again? This is a 3.5 hour drive for me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to this, but will we have enough room? Seems like most insurance offices I've been in wouldn't hold all this, lol.

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #239 of 293
Here is what Audio Technica is sending for the meet. I think he hit everything on my list plus the AD700.
@leon995 @Slater
iLezNrKl.png

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #240 of 293
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back