OHIO Meeting?Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #241 of 293
Wait, why did I pay $700 in hotel and airfare to attend RMAF again? This is a 3.5 hour drive for me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also doing both. Big CanJams are wonderful for the diversity of gear that's present, and regional meets are amazing because of the connections you make with local Head-Fi'ers.

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #242 of 293
I'm also doing both. Big CanJams are wonderful for the diversity of gear that's present, and regional meets are amazing because of the connections you make with local Head-Fi'ers.

Always a silver lining :)

I'm so new to these things that 1) I didn't know Head-fi was near me and 2) that a local meet would bring so much opportunity to hear things.

I'm glad for having attended RMAF, actually. I spent probably an inordinate amount of time in the rooms and not enough on the CANJAM floor, however. This local meet will close that gap a bit for me.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #243 of 293
Here's a list of the gear I'm bringing (along with folding table, a few chairs):
  • Philips Fidelio X2
  • Philips A5 Pro (modded)
  • Sennheiser Momentum v1
  • SoundMAGIC HP200
  • Philips SHL3300 (modded)
  • JVC HA-RX900 (modded)
  • Meizu HD50 (stock & open modded)
  • Bluedio T3+ (open modded, bluetooth delete)
  • FiiO E12A Mont Blanc
  • Xduoo X3 w/Rockbox
Looking forward to meeting everyone, and hearing some nice gear.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #244 of 293
Everyone,

I was recently contacted by Bill, sales manager at Audio Technica. He would like to lend us some headphones for the meet; given we can work out shipping and everything before Saturday. He asked me what we would be interested in hearing. I understand there will be some newer people as well as people who have been listening to high end gear for years attending the meet. With that in mind, I suggested the MSR7 and R70X for the cheaper end of the lineup and then an open-back and a closed-back from the upper end of their lineup.

Are there any other models that anyone would like to hear that I should ask him about?
To all of the Head-fi enthusiasts. I hate that I can not attend but, working in Virginia with Crutchfield this week. Enjoy the gear. With enough advanced planning and a desire to visit Stow, OH let me offer to future meet-ups the opportunity to visit our facility and meet and experience our test labs and repair center.
Audio-Technica has a lot of new and exciting products in the works as we look to expand our presence with models like the soon to launch ATH-ADX5000. This is only the beginning.

Shout out to Schwibbles for responding so quickly and letting us be a part of your show in absencia.

CHEERS!

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #246 of 293
To all of the Head-fi enthusiasts. I hate that I can not attend but, working in Virginia with Crutchfield this week. Enjoy the gear. With enough advanced planning and a desire to visit Stow, OH let me offer to future meet-ups the opportunity to visit our facility and meet and experience our test labs and repair center.
Audio-Technica has a lot of new and exciting products in the works as we look to expand our presence with models like the soon to launch ATH-ADX5000. This is only the beginning.

Shout out to Schwibbles for responding so quickly and letting us be a part of your show in absencia.

CHEERS!
Seeing the facility and test labs sounds pretty cool to me. I'll have to keep an eye out for anything happening up there. I think a 3 and a half hour drive would be worth it to see all that. Before I saw the shipping address earlier today, I had no idea you were based in Stow, much less Ohio.
Thanks again Bill.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #248 of 293
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #249 of 293
@leon995
Are we really going to have an SR009 and a Focal Utopia at this place?! O_O It would be a dream come true to hear either of these things.

Yes, you get my word.

Here is what Audio Technica is sending for the meet. I think he hit everything on my list plus the AD700.
@leon995 @Slater
iLezNrKl.png

That is awesome, seems we will have a Audio-Technica fiesta

CHEERS!

That sounds awesome, Thanks Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #250 of 293
Everyone that has posted and acknowledged that they are coming your in .

But do space limitations of my office and to make event enjoyable for those attending the event is closed.

Wed. October 25th 9:30am

I am closing the vent as of now do demand and limited listening space. This is assuming that everyone comes that has said they are attending.

I look forward to having a great event and this is a nice problem to have.

Rick

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #252 of 293
Hoping I can but won’t know till the morning.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #254 of 293
:frowning2: sad. My schedule just won’t make it happen. I will just wait for pictures and videos then

@Whitigir, sorry you're not making it.

We have Audio-Technica's ATH-ADX5000 flagship here, and they gave us permission to bring it, so it'll be there.

Also, the Bose Soundwear Companion speaker arrived today, so we'll bring that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back