OHIO Meeting?Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #151 of 293
I'd be interested in a Columbus meet. Easy drive from West Chester.

I will host another event Sat. October 28th in Springboro Ohio right of Interstate 75 if their is interest again.

I would also come to event in Columbus if someone else wants to have event.

Let me know if there is interest and I am game .

Rick

If it's another morning/early afternoon meet like the spring one, I'm in as well. I have much more in terms of over-ear headphones, DACs, and amps this time. Not just 40 IEMs.

Well just found out I have a Wedding to go to so I can not make it sorry.

That's unfortunate for us. Was really looking forward to spending more time with the Kenzie.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #152 of 293
I'll try to make it out as well!

I'm fairly certain I can make it, may just be a bit tired as I'm flying back into town on a red eye early that morning.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #153 of 293
Yeah that was the one and only meetup I ever attended, at @lord_tris, and it was really enjoyable (I remember someone bringing an early release or prototype Schiit Ragnorak).

Man, it feels like forever ago that we had that meet. I still have that Ragnarok (SN: 00001B) but have also picked up a few other toys. I'd love to make it up to Ohio but it's a bit of a drive now.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #154 of 293
Man, it feels like forever ago that we had that meet. I still have that Ragnarok (SN: 00001B) but have also picked up a few other toys. I'd love to make it up to Ohio but it's a bit of a drive now.
Holy crap, he lives! Tell you what, you come from the Carolinas (forget exactly where you moved) and I'll come down from Michigan for sure. :D

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #155 of 293
I'll try to make it out as well!

I'm fairly certain I can make it, may just be a bit tired as I'm flying back into town on a red eye early that morning.

Red Bull will be on deck for you haha

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #157 of 293
Holy crap, he lives! Tell you what, you come from the Carolinas (forget exactly where you moved) and I'll come down from Michigan for sure. :D

I'd love to make the trip, but it's probably a seven hour drive from Asheville which might be a bit much for a one day event. Maybe at some point I'll have to make it up to Detroit. It's been a few years since I've been up that way. I kind of miss the Ann Arbor area and Overture Audio.

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #158 of 293
Cincinnati/Dayton Area CANJAM October 28th

Sat. October 28th 10am - 2pm
345 North Main Street
Springboro Ohio 45066
Just of I-75 at Austin Blvd. exit

Please PM if you are coming and what gear are you going to bring.

IF you have a extension cord , folding table or chair that you can bring let me know in your PM.

Equipment:
Mr. Speakers Aeon
HIFIMAN HE 400I Dekoni Earpads
Ifi Black Label Dac Amp
Periodic Audio BE IEM's

Audiofly AF180 Universal In-Ear Monitor

I look forward to some great listening .

Rick

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #159 of 293
Woohoo! Glad to see more details on this meetup. If everything goes correctly I should be able to make it but I don't want to hard commit ...

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Mjolnir 1 (maybe)
Schiit Gungnir MB + USB Gen 5
Sennheiser HD800 stock (balanced cable)
Pro Co Sound Switch Witch (maybe)

I might be able to help with folding chairs/folding table and power strip.

What kind of establishment/building is this @FunctionalDoc ?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #160 of 293
I should be able to make it as well as long as my return flight doesn't get delayed.

Gear I could bring:

HD800S (w/ stock or balanced cable)
HD650
DT150
Bifrost Uber
Modi 2 Uber
Tricked out Bottlehead Crack (oodles of mods + component upgrades)
Vintage NAD 3020 receiver

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #161 of 293
PM sent Rick.

Gear I will probably be bringing:
Headphones:
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD600
MrSpeakers Aeon Closed-Back
MrSpeakers Aeon Open-Back - On order. I will bring them if they come in before the meet.
Monoprice M1060
Philips Fidelio X2 (if I don't return it by then)
Philips SHP9500S
Status Audio CB-1
Custom Symphones V7/Grado build

IEMs:
I'll bring some of my favorites but not as many as last time. Don't know which ones I'm going to bring yet. I have all my IEMs listed in my profile on here. If anyone would like to try them please mention which one(s) and I will try to bring them along. Also, please bring your own tips; no tips, no demo. The JH Audio Lola are packaged for sale and I do not want to open them back up to bring along; all others are fair game.

DAC/Amps:
ifi micro iDSD BL
Oppo HA-2SE
xDuoo XD-05
FiiO Q1

Amps:
Garage 1217 Project Ember II (with different tubes)
Garage 1217 Project Polaris
Little Dot MkIII

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #162 of 293
Any best way of having ppl try IEMs? I have a pair of CA Andromedas that I could bring but I'm not too keen on swapping out tips constantly (they are hard to change on the CA Andromedas).

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #163 of 293
Any best way of having ppl try IEMs? I have a pair of CA Andromedas that I could bring but I'm not too keen on swapping out tips constantly (they are hard to change on the CA Andromedas).
Swapping tips is really the only way; everyone should bring their own if they want to try IEMs.
You could try wiping off tips each time different people listen but that seems like a bit of a pain and they would still be using your tips.

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #164 of 293
I was thinking about this yesterday. Maybe a box of alcohol wipes, or otherwise bring a bottle of isopropyl and some sort of towel. A low-pile microfiber maybe.

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #165 of 293
Personally, I tend to avoid demoing in-ears at meets unless I have my own tips or a handful of isopropyl alcohol swabs to clean them before use. Not from anyone here, but I've run into some extremely nasty IEMs in the past. Also something to keep in mind, if you're using alcohol swabs on foam tips like Comply or Shure olives, you'll be dissolving the outer layers. Many foam tips start to fall apart after cleaning them with alcohol a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back