Oh Noooo!!! The nozzle for my IE8 has came off - What to do!
Jun 29, 2011 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ickle97116084

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was taking the Comply tips off my IE8s to swap them with new ones and the nozzle came off. Its has not snapped but turned in the housing and can be placed back on. This has no impact on the sound.

I got them as a gift from my wife for XMAS after I broke my Se310s again an issue with the nozzle coming off.

Does anyone have experience with this or returning items to Amazon UK that have broken like this. I would rather return the IE8s and get credit or new IE8s than live with them like this as I am not sure when they will eventually die. Do they go directly back to Amazon or should I contact Sennheisser?

Cheers,

Ickle.

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 5
contact amazon, or the seller through amazon. I think amazon are quite good with returns. I had problems with Sennheiser HD238, got in touch with the seller through amazon, he sent me pre paid packaging and i got a full refund, was the 2nd pair that had broken (with the money i got a clip+ 8gb).

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Thankyou all for reading and responding. Amazon EU S.A.R.L quickly replaced the IE8 with a brand new one. The new ones sound great and were delivered within a few days.

I fully reccommend Amazon EU S.A.R.L, there customer service is awesome.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 5
It's meant to come off and then on again with twisting action  -- bayonet-style fitting ... search this forum carefully and you'll find answers. HINT:

Caveat: if you ruin the bayonet flange and/or its mating groove, you're eff'd!

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the reply Alphaman, I did send them back to Amazon who immediately sent a replacement pair. A very respectable level of service. Its good that the nozzle is meant to come of but I cant see the point in it. The plastic grips are very small and could wear very easily. I would not recommend anyone trying this at home as they may ruin the nozzle and require to send there rather expensive earphones back to the supplier.

I recently purchases a pair of Senn MM60 portable headphones and can happily say the ie8s blow them away although the MM60s are good fun to listen too. The ie8s have a depth that cant be compared to by any other earphones i have listened too but they do lack a level of sparkle at the top end I can hear in some cheaper earphones. What the ie8s lack in sparkle they make up for in detail and depth. 

Cheers,

Ickle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back