Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
May 4, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #182 of 231
  I also mean it for security reasons, it's a bad habit to get used to download official software from dropbox, anyone can link to dropbox some malware and say it's official ...

Except it's FiiO's dropbox, they provided the link, and they've been doing it like this for a while now.  If you download from any other persons - then you run your own risks.

May 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #184 of 231
I guess this means we'll never get to turn the EQ on and off with a click of a button.
frown.gif

May 7, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #186 of 231
  I guess this means we'll never get to turn the EQ on and off with a click of a button.
frown.gif

Hi, Koukol
Yes, the shortcut EQ function will not implement. 

Actually, I already passed this suggestion to the engineers when receiving the feedback from some end users. But there are already 8 icons on the shortcut menu after pressing the "Shortcuts" key(the key to the upper left of the scroll wheel), when playing one song. That space is already not enough. Moreover, it may influence the system stability if we add this EQ shortcut function by other ways. 
So, we decided to give up this function on the firmware for the X5 2nd gen. And hope you can understand. 

Anyway, thanks for your all suggestions to X5 2nd gen. 
smile.gif

May 7, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #189 of 231
Check out the Support section for the X5 2nd gen at www.fiio.net :) (downloads are at the lower right corner of the product support page)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #191 of 231

frown.gif

Hi, Koukol
Yes, the shortcut EQ function will not implement. 

Actually, I already passed this suggestion to the engineers when receiving the feedback from some end users. But there are already 8 icons on the shortcut menu after pressing the "Shortcuts" key(the key to the upper left of the scroll wheel), when playing one song. That space is already not enough. Moreover, it may influence the system stability if we add this EQ shortcut function by other ways. 
So, we decided to give up this function on the firmware for the X5 2nd gen. And hope you can understand. 

Anyway, thanks for your all suggestions to X5 2nd gen. 
smile.gif

I really appreciate you guys looked into it, FS.
In the end I'm still a happy camper. :)

May 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #193 of 231

Hi, the firmware FW2.0 for the X5 2nd gen is already the official one. And we may not release the new firmware for the X5 2nd gen if there is not any serious bug on FW2.0.

Its a shame Fiio were unable to add Recently Added songs feature on the X5 ii.
Only bought the device this year. Would have waited for 3rd gen if a new one will be released this year. 

May 8, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #194 of 231

Hi, the firmware FW2.0 for the X5 2nd gen is already the official one. And we may not release the new firmware for the X5 2nd gen if there is not any serious bug on FW2.0.

Its a shame Fiio were unable to add Recently Added songs feature on the X5 ii.
Only bought the device this year. Would have waited for 3rd gen if a new one will be released this year. 

The other day I was wondering when the ii came out with all the talk of a iii.
I bought mine about 4 months ago and thought it was new.
This type of abandonment doesn't give me upgraditis but abondonitis.
I stopped buying Oppo (in large part) for this very reason.

It's reassuring when a company believes they put out the best and stands by it...like Pono.

May 9, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #195 of 231
There are a few pretty minor things I noticed with the new 2.0 firmware. First thing is, that when you format the card in the X5, it doesn't name the card X5II TF1 like it used to, it names it just X5 TF1. Also, in the about X5 section on the player, it doesn't show the correct available space for TF1. It is off by about .20. Available space for TF2 was showing correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back