Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
May 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #197 of 231
I  am still desperate for a real search function! I love everything else about the Fiio x5ii but this one shortcoming happens to be a huge one for me -- to the extent where on rare occasions I will leave the house with my iPod Classic instead and bare with the quality reduction. Please give it some serious consideration! 

May 30, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #199 of 231
Dissapointed to find out 2.0 has broken gapless playback on flac. MP3 works fine.
frown.gif

Has it?
I haven't noticed.

May 30, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #202 of 231

I've been listening to a lot of live albums lately with no gaps.
However, they could be Wav.
I'll check this out later and do a conversion to test (if needed)

Have you converted the songs to see if it's a Flac problem?

Not converted those albums but I got MP3 albums that play without gaps fine. 

May 30, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #203 of 231

I've been listening to a lot of live albums lately with no gaps.
However, they could be Wav.
I'll check this out later and do a conversion to test (if needed)

Have you converted the songs to see if it's a Flac problem?

Not converted those albums but I got MP3 albums that play without gaps fine. 

I just converted a live Meteors recording to Flac and it plays with no gaps.
???

May 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #204 of 231
No gaps here V2.0 - Pink Floyd "The Wall" FLAC - you'd know if there was an issue with this album.

May 31, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #206 of 231
Has anyone else on 2.0 noticed a weird glitch with the back button?  It didn't happen on 1.27, but there are times now when I'm playing a song and hold down the back button--like before--to skip directly to the main menu screen, and instead of it doing that, the screen goes entirely white.  My music keeps playing, and none of the buttons except the volume and power buttons work.  Hard resetting works to turn it off, and back on.  And there doesn't seem to be any particular "reason;" I'll skip back without an issue one time, and then the next time, it glitches.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #208 of 231
Jun 2, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #210 of 231

Users who are viewing this thread

Back