Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 437

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
2015-10-29
Beta firmware version 2.51beta for the X5 is now available!
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fvij0npsty6rfj/X5-FW2.51Beta.zip?dl=0
After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

Stable firmware can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/762128/official-fiio-x5-1st-gen-stable-firmware-thread

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware version 2.51beta compared to FW2.5:
1. Enabled gapless playback of single music files split by CUE sheets
2. Fixed issue where the player may play through folders incorrectly
3. Fixed issue where the genre tag of AAC files (.m4a) was read incorrectly
4. Fixed issue where blanks spaces in front of the album name of a song caused the genre name to be read incorrectly
5. Fixed issue where the player may not be able to load the cover info for certain MP3 files
6. Improved the sensitivity and consistency of the scroll wheel response.
7. Fixed issue where some CUE sheets could not be parsed
8. Various other bug fixes in line with those made for the X5 2nd gen.

Looking forward to your feedback :)

[sometime in December 2014...]
Beta firmware version 2.36beta for the X5 is now available!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmcmurucqo09noo/X5_FW2.36Beta.zip

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 2.36 compared to FW2.34:

1. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
2. When option to play through folders is enabled, pressing Previous on the first track of the current folder will skip to the last track in the previous folder.
3. Added option to delete a whole folder (not quite ready for prime time: deleting a folder containing high sample rate songs may cause the player to hang; also there is no confirmation dialog. Use with caution!)
4. Fixed issue where shuffle mode reverted to the same set of "random" songs if starting from the same song.
5. Fixed issue where the random playlist generated by shuffle may contain several instances of the same song.
6. Bugfix for CUE sheets for APE support added in 2.34.
7. Added option to display song title rather than filename in Now Playing screen.
8. Preset EQ settings may now also be adjusted.
9. Fixed issue where tracks of 352.8kHz sample rate would cause the player to hang ("format not supported" is now displayed instead)
10. Fixed issue with AAC playback where the time counter and track progress bar may be incorrect after fast-forwarding or rewinding.
11. Fixed playback problem with some FAC files.
12. If the last song in a folder is deleted, the X5 now reverts to the Now Playing screen instead of Play by Category.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 437
Nice
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 437
the scanning of folders is a bit slow and delay but the true shuffle really work!! :D i try with my 2000++ song list and it has been shuffle to new song...will continue to test this beta..

when choose English as language...inside the setting for folder shuffling still in chinese wording.. :)

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 437
  the scanning of folders is a bit slow and delay but the true shuffle really work!! :D i try with my 2000++ song list and it has been shuffle to new song...will continue to test this beta..

when choose English as language...inside the setting for folder shuffling still in chinese wording.. :)

Sorry for this problem!
frown.gif
 The Chinese words"文件夹跳曲" in "Play settings" mean "Playing through folders" option, and we will fix this bug in the future firmware. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 437
  Sorry for this problem!
frown.gif
 The Chinese words"文件夹跳曲" in "Play settings" mean "Playing through folders" option, and we will fix this bug in the future firmware. 

got it. i can read chinese :p it's just a gentle reminder for Joe and developer team :)

also..i tested this play through folder function, i found that it only work when you use browse file instead of playing thru category 'album'. will the official firmware support folder play through even in category?

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 437
Glad to see folder jump has been added to X5, now please also add this option to X3 / X1.

By the way and sorry to "kidnap" this threat, why do you only publish betas for X5 and X3? What's the problem with X1?

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 437
Beta firmware version 2.36beta for the X5 is now available!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmcmurucqo09noo/X5_FW2.36Beta.zip
Temporary dropbox mirror:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ffli2dlp84ryig/X5%20FW2.36Beta.zip?dl=0

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 2.36 compared to FW2.34:

1. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
2. When option to play through folders is enabled, pressing Previous on the first track of the current folder will skip to the last track in the previous folder.
3. Added option to delete a whole folder (not quite ready for prime time: deleting a folder containing high sample rate songs may cause the player to hang; also there is no confirmation dialog. Use with caution!)
4. Fixed issue where shuffle mode reverted to the same set of "random" songs if starting from the same song.
5. Fixed issue where the random playlist generated by shuffle may contain several instances of the same song.
6. Bugfix for CUE sheets for APE support added in 2.34.
7. Added option to display song title rather than filename in Now Playing screen.
8. Preset EQ settings may now also be adjusted.
9. Fixed issue where tracks of 352.8kHz sample rate would cause the player to hang ("format not supported" is now displayed instead)
10. Fixed issue with AAC playback where the time counter and track progress bar may be incorrect after fast-forwarding or rewinding.
11. Fixed playback problem with some FAC files.
12. If the last song in a folder is deleted, the X5 now reverts to the Now Playing screen instead of Play by Category.

Please note the following:

1. This is a development beta. Please consider carefully whether you want to upgrade to it. (You can always downgrade back to any previous version)
2. Problems encountered with this firmware may be posted to this thread--please keep the main X3 thread free from clutter regarding bugs on beta firmware.
3. To avoid public misunderstanding, please refrain from posting about bugs and problems with the beta firmware outside this beta firmware discussion thread.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the update !!

I have one question though,

Under Play settings what is the last option written in Chinese, that can be on and off ?

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #11 of 437
  Sorry for this problem!
frown.gif

Thanks for the update !!

I have one question though,

Under Play settings what is the last option written in Chinese, that can be on and off ?

as per what shadow61 has explained...it's the play through folder function 'on/off'. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 437
  got it. i can read chinese :p it's just a gentle reminder for Joe and developer team :)

also..i tested this play through folder function, i found that it only work when you use browse file instead of playing thru category 'album'. will the official firmware support folder play through even in category?

I already submitted this bug to our develop team, and thanks for your kind reminder! 
wink.gif

The official firmware will not support folder play through in category "album". 

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #14 of 437
Jumped on the 2.36b train about an hour ago.
So far, so good! All my 11K songs were loaded (also faster then with 2.34) and recognised.
Started playing from ''All Songs'' in shuffle mode. Restarted the X5 and did it again, starting from the same song and it played completely different tracks this time.

My main issue with the X5 seems to be fixed this time, so now I see no reason to return to FW2.2
Thanks people @ FiiO!!! Looking forward to the official FW update, any chance on replay gain with that one?

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #15 of 437
...downloading now. Will test at the office today :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back