Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Mar 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #602 of 921
I noticed that some songs seem to stutter with the latest firmware, anyone else noticed this?

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #603 of 921
No issue here.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #605 of 921
  Well, every so often I discover that one of my music flac file transfers was "wonky" and needs to be transferred again.  But that is not really a firmware issue just mother Windows messing with me.

Happens to me, also, every once in a while when transferring to internal memory.
But I don't think it is a windows problem, since it happens even when bypassing windows transfer cache using programs like Teracopy. It seems more an hardware random failure, maybe a memory controller one. It happened with previous firmwares, too.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #607 of 921
  Soo...can we expect any more firmware updates for x3?..now that second gen model is out..

Yes there website said they will continue to support X3  v1.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #609 of 921
  Is the software EQ expected to work anytime soon? It does nothing now. I don't know why it is there.

There are a few things broke. This above. BSOD errors. Not all songs play from playlist, something to do with character limit?

Personally, I haven't listened to my x3 in a long time and have it up for sale. FW release is to slow, broken software. I know now to stay away from fiio.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #610 of 921
To each his own, but if you remember that the player cost very little compared to other players and is not built on Android, the interface problems are forgivable. And I, for one, use it because of the sound quality. Also, the eq worked for me. The reason I did not keep it was that it kept working even through LO and that is weird.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #613 of 921
  5 band EQ never worked.

It maybe doesn't work correctly but I wouldn't say it doesn't work at all. Boosting the lowest frequency at times does the job for me when I want it. What is it that is the main problem with it? The only problem I can think of is it only being able making the frequencys a little more obvious when turned up. All of them make a small difference to me. I'm not keen on any of the ones that are there already such ad rock/pop and similar. I have made my own and it makes quite a big difference.

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #615 of 921
  If found that any changes eq does make are pretty minute.

Maybe it depends on what headphones different people have. On my ATH-AD700s, you can easily tell minor differences in the sound and even with my K550s when I am travelling, I do notice the boost to the deeper bass notes when I put 62hz to +6. As it does decrease the volume using the EQ, I boost lots of the other frequencies too. 62 at +6, 250 at +2, 1k at 0, 4k at +2 and 16k at +4.
The metal option in the EQ menu is at 0 over all the frequencies and I have compared that to custom EQ and it changes the sound a lot (to me). I don't use the EQ often and I don't use it at home at all. Just every now and then when I am travelling with my K550s and I am just wanting a bit more of that extra deep bass. If I don't boost the other frequencies a bit too then they seem a bit lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back