Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Mar 27, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #617 of 921
  The EQ doesn't work. Period. And I would like to see that option implemented or its doing nothing there.

It works on mine I just tested it. I don't use it because I use line out to a amp. It doesn't work through line out.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #619 of 921
Yes It works fine for me, It does work with line out.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #624 of 921
  Well, same thing as I suspected. The software EQ never worked in any FW since it was implemented.

What do you mean by work. I don't use it as I like my music flat.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #626 of 921
  Simply does nothing and even reduce the volume alot, like if you pass from High Gain to Low Gain. It's a useless feature and I really don't get it.

When I checked it the frequency changed. Can't say if for better or worse as I didn't look that close. I thought you were getting no change at all.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #627 of 921
All EQ reduce the volume by quite a lot from what I have tested out. Pulsaudio on my linux PC has an EQ. Enable it and the volume decreases. Had one on my old Rockboxed iAudio X5L and that did the same. The X3 doesn't make as big a difference when you boost the frequencies but it DOES work. With some headphones, the difference maybe less noticeable. Not that the different genre EQ's are very good but there is a difference in sound between each one of them.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #628 of 921
Most EQs reduce the volume to generate more headroom to prevent the signal to get into clipping and distortion when being boosted. Have you ever tried out the EQ of the older generation iPods? They distort very niticeably when the EQ is enabled because the volume stays the same.
Anyhow, I don't really need an EQ and therefore don't use it.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #629 of 921
  Well, same thing as I suspected. The software EQ never worked in any FW since it was implemented.

I fully agree Paulus XII! The equaliser in my old Sony NW-A3000 has a more profound effect than the sound signature found in the FiiO X3!  Subtle is the word I would use for the FiiO X3.
Regards
Isobarik

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #630 of 921

I fully agree Paulus XII! The equaliser in my old Sony NW-A3000 has a more profound effect than the sound signature found in the FiiO X3!  Subtle is the word I would use for the FiiO X3.
Regards
Isobarik

Of course it has
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back