Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #511 of 921
Bug to report-
When using custom eq, when I turn the device on next, it says "custom eq" at the top, and it should be on, but it isn't.  All I have to do is switch to eq off, then right back to custom, and it engages.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #512 of 921
Has anyone had trouble getting artist only to work. I'm only getting one folders to show up out of 20 folders I have one the card.
Has worked before but don't use it much and I have updated media lib. Some Artist Show All folders and some don't. could be that
there are different formats but most are the same (flac 24 bit).

Could you give some examples of how some of these "now-hidden" folders / songs are named? (folder name and filename)

Thanks.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #514 of 921

My folders have name of band,then in that folder is folders of name of CD.In those folders names of songs. This artist folder has 20 CD folders with these type of files. This SD card work fine in a previous firmware but I have not found the one that it work on.Other artist I have on this card work but have files that are identical.  Most CD folders are 96-24.

Update: Found the problem. One CD folder did not have the album artist name in the tag. Edited it in Mp3tag and all 20 CDs showed up. The bad one was the only one showing before.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #515 of 921
So I finally got the new firmware loaded in my X3, created a playlist in Foobar, saved in the root directory of my CD card and updated my media library. The playlist shows on the CD card but when I try to access it on the X3 it says "no playlist files found."

What am I doing wrong?

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #516 of 921
  So I finally got the new firmware loaded in my X3, created a playlist in Foobar, saved in the root directory of my CD card and updated my media library. The playlist shows on the CD card but when I try to access it on the X3 it says "no playlist files found."

What am I doing wrong?

I think the playlist menu in the category section really only is useful for self-created playlist. If you copy your playlist file over to the internal memory playlist folder it might find it.
The way I use playlists is to just store them on my sd card and use the file explorer to load them. Seems to be the easiest way to use externally created playlists.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #517 of 921

What am I doing wrong?

Wow, it's JMT of META42 fame! :eek: Unfortunately I'm all thumbs when it came to DIYing... (looks at my custom title)

How do you like our amps? :D

Back to your question: computer-generated playlists are shown in the folder view on the X3. Go to Browse Files->TF Card and you should see your playlists in the root folder, where they can be opened. :) The Playlist menu in Category view is reserved for playlists created on the X3.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 17, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #523 of 921
Hello!
Firstly, thank you, FiiO, for your continued support of the X3!

A few comments on the new FW3.34beta...

1. My favorite new feature is "Path memory feature: Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected." - awesome.
2.  Song titles were displaying correctly with 3.33beta, but not so with 3.34.  The current beta is back to displaying the file name without the file extension (e.g., ".flac"), not the actual song title as input to the ID tag (same problem as previous FW versions up to 3.33beta).
3.  Pausing a track and then hitting the back button to start at the beginning (0:00) releases the pause, not so with previous FW versions (i.e., track stays paused) - personally, track remaining paused is more desirable.
4.  Album art is still over-scaled, cutting off artist names and album titles on cover art - this continues to be disappointing.
5.  Sound profile of 3.34 maybe does not seem as well-defined as with 3.33, still deciding on this.

Is ReplayGain on Line Out playback to be addressed?  I have a lot of classical music on my X3 and there is a tremendous difference in volume, so I am constantly having to adjust the volume level in my car, pretty much for every track, regardless of genre.  I have all my files tagged with RG and ready to go when this feature is built in (I am more of a Line Out user than headphones).

Also, would love alpha folders somehow in "All Songs" view to toggle to artist names / album titles that begin with a certain letter versus having to scroll endlessly to find a song to start all-songs shuffle playback, unless there is another way to do this?

Happy Chinese New Year, and many thanks! :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #525 of 921
Anyone getting clipping using the LO with the new beta firmware. Just to clarify, I mean clipping 'out of the box'. I've not touched the EQ.

Andrew

I'm interested in this. I've just a new amp and get a lot of clipping on it but it never occurred to me that it was from the X3 (I was sure it was from the amp itself). I'll check with another source for my new amp and another amp with the X3 tonight and let you know what I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back