Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Feb 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #481 of 921
Hey Joe thanks for the new FW.
Unknown Artist issue is resolved now but is the Title above the Artist always showing the filename instead of the title on the ID3 tag? 
For example, my song with filename "09 A Ballad Sung by the Rain.flac" should have the title " A Ballad Sung by the Rain" on its tag, but on my X3, it's showing  "09 A Ballad Sung by the Rain" on title.
I think I've never seen numbers on the title before.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #482 of 921
Hey Joe thanks for the new FW.

Unknown Artist issue is resolved now but is the Title above the Artist always showing the filename instead of the title on the ID3 tag? 

For example, my song with filename "09 A Ballad Sung by the Rain.flac" should have the title " A Ballad Sung by the Rain" on its tag, but on my X3, it's showing  "09 A Ballad Sung by the Rain" on title.

I think I've never seen numbers on the title before.

I was actually just testing that myself .. to make sure I was not dreaming.

I just loaded the factory firmware and I am finding the same thing. It always shows the File Name and not the title.

And yes the artist part is fixed from the old "Unknown Artist" issue.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #483 of 921

I was actually just testing that myself .. to make sure I was not dreaming.

I just loaded the factory firmware and I am finding the same thing. It always shows the File Name and not the title.

And yes the artist part is fixed from the old "Unknown Artist" issue.

Well, last FW I used was the 3.24 and just tested it back.
Can confirm that 3.24 got the title wonderfully right. My "01 - Hito ni Yasashiku.flac" shows only "Hito ni Yasashiku" on the title.

Oh and the play setting, the Default Volume normally shows 60, now I have this weird "Memory" on it.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #485 of 921
Bug to report:

Please keep in mind I have 13,300 mp3 files loaded.
When I load a playlist, and then while it is playing, attempt to "play all," system crashes to a blue screen of code looking stuff.  
The remedy is to wait a minute, and I can restart the player, or use the pin reset to get going again. 
However, then, the updated database is gone, and must rescan library.  

If I turn on the player when the database is updated, and "play all" first, it seems to be fine.  I suspect between switching playlist to play all, and 13000+ files, it just overloads the processor.  

Not complaining, just informing.  It sounds just awesome, and the removal of the limit is awesome!  

Thanks, Fiio!

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #486 of 921

Good news everyone!
I found how to jump back to the home screen. When on now playing screen long press back button to get to the quick menu and then long press back button again and let go. Ta-ta! :gs1000smile:

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #487 of 921
I think I'd like to remove this feedback.  I suspect it might be related to a particular mp3 file.  When I tried the below problem with other files, all was good.  

Quote:
  Bug to report:

Please keep in mind I have 13,300 mp3 files loaded.
When I load a playlist, and then while it is playing, attempt to "play all," system crashes to a blue screen of code looking stuff.  
The remedy is to wait a minute, and I can restart the player, or use the pin reset to get going again. 
However, then, the updated database is gone, and must rescan library.  

If I turn on the player when the database is updated, and "play all" first, it seems to be fine.  I suspect between switching playlist to play all, and 13000+ files, it just overloads the processor.  

Not complaining, just informing.  It sounds just awesome, and the removal of the limit is awesome!  

Thanks, Fiio!

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #488 of 921

Good news everyone!
I found how to jump back to the home screen. When on now playing screen long press back button to get to the quick menu and then long press back button again and let go. Ta-ta!
gs1000.gif

sweet. that was the one thing bugging me.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #491 of 921
  Is it only me experiencing a very unresponsive first press of the back menu from the now playing screen? The unit freezes for some second.

Also, I confirm that the file name is displayed instead of the metadata (at least for FLAC files) and that a short way to get to the main menu is missing since long back button pressing opens the delete folder prompt.

Anyway, the Path memory feature is really a welcome improvement.

It seems I'm having the back button freeze problem too. But this happens only initially.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #493 of 921
OK here is where I think most people are:

1) General happiness with this beta firmware.

2) Some agreement that it would be best if we could see artist and track title and not just track title when playing.

3) Would be nice to somehow have a quick jump to tone controls and equalizer. Some have suggested putting those in the quick menu wheel. My thought is providing an option to skip the wheel and just go to the tone options.
Maybe a special "hidden" screen that only has these tone control like options. Maybe bass, treble, equalizer, then balance. So there would be a swtich to choose between jumping to the current quick menu or a special tone control menu.

4) Some concerns about how album art is displayed. I have no axe to grind there, so just stating that this seems to come up.

5) I would suggest making the "delete folders" section optional. I have arrived there a few times and it kind of scares me. I would like a slider to turn that off.

Happy New Year.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #494 of 921
Has anyone had trouble getting artist only to work. I'm only getting one folders to show up out of 20 folders I have one the card.
Has worked before but don't use it much and I have updated media lib. Some Artist Show All folders and some don't. could be that
there are different formats but most are the same (flac 24 bit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back