Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Feb 11, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #466 of 921
  just short time playing with FW3.34 beta and from the short experience ... it is the best FW ever released for the X3 for these reasons :

1- it sounds very smooth and more detailed on low gain than ever .... usually i use my player always on high gain even with my iem (SE535)  because it happen to give a better sound for me , don't know what happened here in this version !! but may be i will never upgrade the FW again ! 
rolleyes.gif

2- very very handy use now with remembering the song bath and folder ... i love this too much ... now it is easy to navigate all over folders and library ^_^ .

3- the " delete folder " feature is very welcome add too ..

4- +2 for remembering the song path and folder again 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

5- the unknown artists are known now 

# what i wanted to see , though i am happy right now but should mention those too : 

1- wanted to see a bass, treble and eq shortcut in the quick menu ...

2- non - cropped album art .. i understand fiio's point of view of making it filling the whole screen and partially obvious beneath the bottom bar but it is not doing that for me .... i consider that " high hope with limited resources like : screen size and resolution .. those such prevents Fiio's vision from being a real benefit here .

if any thing new or come in my mind i will update

+100

I agree very good FW update!

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #467 of 921
Am I the only one missing Unknown artist :wink:

Jk, this is now a complete player for me. Thanks a lot team FiiO!

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #468 of 921
Am I the only one missing Unknown artist :wink:

I don't miss them as I still have lots:D It is something about the way I tag Mp3 files that I have recorded and split. I do name the artist and album on every single track. Not sure why the X3 doesn't see the info. If I go to the properties of the tracks on my PC, I see everything there. Nothing to do with the latest firmware though! It is the best FiiO FW so far. I just hope Mr Trev's 3.3 custom theme can also be moved to this one.

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #469 of 921
3.34 Rocks my world!
I love my X3!
Thanks Fiio!!!!!

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #470 of 921
I don't miss them as I still have lots:D It is something about the way I tag Mp3 files that I have recorded and split. I do name the artist and album on every single track. Not sure why the X3 doesn't see the info. If I go to the properties of the tracks on my PC, I see everything there. Nothing to do with the latest firmware though! It is the best FiiO FW so far. I just hope Mr Trev's 3.3 custom theme can also be moved to this one.

Am I the only one missing Unknown artist
wink.gif

I was totally pissed when I updated the fw and my entire unknown artist library was wiped out
biggrin.gif
. Surprisingly when I updated the entire database was gone, never had an update do that before. The title view is still the same as last version, all it changes is if the extension shows or not (all my files are named <# - title> so it's easy to check.

Did have a weird glitch when I tried to back out of the quick menu, and it restarted the playing song, and wouldn't switch to the next track until it played all the way through. Only happened once, so I'm going to blame it on sunspots.

I do miss having a fast way back to the main menu, now that holding back wants to delete the folder.

@peter123 any chance the new fw fixed the probs you were having? Either way the new x3 is looking pretty....

Finally, I do have my theme mostly updated, there were a few strings that needed to be changed, and I still need to check if I missed anything, but hopefully I should have it up today. Also, if anybody wants to grab a copy of my past versions, do so now. I need to clean the clutter from my Dropbox and will be taking them down soon.

Cheers

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #471 of 921
@Mr Trev unfortunately not, there's something really weird going on with my unit and the new fw is so good that I'm determined to solve it if possible.

Either something happened that severely damaged the battery when it froze (this is most likely) or something is wrong with the charging. When it's fully charged ansd I put the headphones in the battery looses one unit straight away and the others follow pretty fast. Battery life is probably about 30 minutes from HO out and about an hour from LO......

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #472 of 921
@Mr Trev unfortunately not, there's something really weird going on with my unit and the new fw is so good that I'm determined to solve it if possible.

Either something happened that severely damaged the battery when it froze (this is most likely) or something is wrong with the charging. When it's fully charged ansd I put the headphones in the battery looses one unit straight away and the others follow pretty fast. Battery life is probably about 30 minutes from HO out and about an hour from LO......

I guess it's settled, a new x3 II it is
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #473 of 921
I guess it's settled, a new x3 II it is:wink:

Lol, I'd rather not since i really like this one. I'm going to try and change the battery and see if that helps...

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #474 of 921
Lol, I'd rather not since i really like this one. I'm going to try and change the battery and see if that helps...

You could try opening the unit and disconnecting the battery for ~30min. Then try to charge it.
As a last resort you can request battery replacement from Fiio.

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #475 of 921
On the first run, I am not showing artist names at all any more. Well, that is better than "Unknown Artist". I tried both settings and this was the case, I just see the title of the track for flac files.

Do I need to run a file scan to remedy this, or is this a remaining bug ?

One other idea for the next revision.

Maybe there could be a slider to provide one of two behaviors when you hold down the top left button for a longer time:

one option you get the current scroll wheel

and (the option I would choose)

when you hold down the top left button for an extended period the unit takes you straight to tone controls

"Why would I suggest this?", you may ask.

I don't know about everybody else but that is a common thing when I play a file that I want to tweak the bass or treble.

Other than that I am very pleased as noted before. And appreciative.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #476 of 921
I love the new firmware but I have a problem with mine. Sometimes when I select an album to play it doesn't play the album I choose but jumps to some random one from the same folder (same artist but different album). It doesn't happen all the time but just thought I'd mention it in case someone else has experienced this. I'll re-flash the firmware to see if that helps.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #477 of 921
You could try opening the unit and disconnecting the battery for ~30min. Then try to charge it.
As a last resort you can request battery replacement from Fiio.

Thanks, that's a good suggestion will try it when I find the time.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #478 of 921
Is it only me experiencing a very unresponsive first press of the back menu from the now playing screen? The unit freezes for some second.

Also, I confirm that the file name is displayed instead of the metadata (at least for FLAC files) and that a short way to get to the main menu is missing since long back button pressing opens the delete folder prompt.

Anyway, the Path memory feature is really a welcome improvement.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #479 of 921
  Is it only me experiencing a very unresponsive first press of the back menu from the now playing screen? The unit freezes for some second.

Also, I confirm that the file name is displayed instead of the metadata (at least for FLAC files) and that a short way to get to the main menu is missing since long back button pressing opens the delete folder prompt.

Anyway, the Path memory feature is really a welcome improvement.

Well, it has all been very responsive for me.

The only thing that bothers me about this firmware a little at the moment it no shortcut to the main menu. If you go back one from the now playing screen and do the same as you used to, it says "Delete Current Folder?" and I could hardly tell if yes or no was selected. I was wrong! I have 3 folders containing all my artists, A-H, I-Q and R-Z. The option that came up to delete was A-H, as that was the folder that was selected. I guessed that No was selected as that was easily the clearest to read. So I pressed OK and the whole folder was deleted which got rid of about 1/3 of my 40gb of music. I wish the yes/no options would be much more obvious. It was very lucky that I back up all of the music for my X3 on my PC. I will just have to work out what yes and no is and get used to not having a short cut to the main menu.

Other than that problem, this firmware beats all the others by a long way IMO. Even the sound seems to be an improvement. It just seems to sound more open and spacious. I could just be imagining things as I don't really understand how a firmware update can change the sound that much.

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #480 of 921

I for one am liking new FW. I feel the sound stage has opened up. It sounds more like the 3.24b at least to me. Not sure if its all in my head no pun intended but I sure hear a difference for the better.

I think I like the sound quality of FW 3.34b even better than 3.24b! :) Clear but rich. I want to hug the music...

I like being able to move back thru previous steps.

I'm one of those people who likes to fine tune the treble/bass (not with the EQ) when switching to a different album, so it's now more steps to get to the menu to adjust treble/bass, but if that's the price to pay to be able to step back to my folder-playlists, I'm willing to do that.

Back to listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back