Official Vienna Meet June 15th
May 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #140 of 152
a new toy has arrived: the Bushmaster MkII DAC!
...which i will bring to the meet, of course
wink.gif

for its price it performs remarkable, i'm eager too see/hear how it compares to other dacs.

May 28, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #142 of 152
@ampair new DACs are always welcome. I hope you stroke it from left to right with the last full moon... otherwise it might sound off :wink: And don't forget to wrap your digital cable around a beer can... bits are in much better shape when arriving at the DAC. Of course you need to replace the can with a cold one on regular intervals. (Things that come to mind on a day that starts with an overdue project and an expired test account needed to test a payment interface implementation...)

Quite undecided what to bring along... any suggestions? Available:
Meier Audio Daccord DAC + Classic Amp
Fostex TH600, TH900, HP-P1, HP-V1, HP-A4, HP-A8
Beyerdynamic T51p, DT1350, T90, T5p, T1, A2 Amp
SPL Phonitor 2

Still contemplating some new toys:
Beyerdynamic T70
Ultrasone Signature Pro
V-Moda Vamp Verza
CEntrance Hifi-M8

Too many decisions, not enough time...

May 28, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #143 of 152
  @ampair new DACs are always welcome. I hope you stroke it from left to right with the last full moon... otherwise it might sound off :wink: And don't forget to wrap your digital cable around a beer can... bits are in much better shape when arriving at the DAC. Of course you need to replace the can with a cold one on regular intervals. (Things that come to mind on a day that starts with an overdue project and an expired test account needed to test a payment interface implementation...)

Quite undecided what to bring along... any suggestions? Available:
Meier Audio Daccord DAC + Classic Amp
Fostex TH600, TH900, HP-P1, HP-V1, HP-A4, HP-A8
Beyerdynamic T51p, DT1350, T90, T5p, T1, A2 Amp
SPL Phonitor 2

Still contemplating some new toys:
Beyerdynamic T70
Ultrasone Signature Pro
V-Moda Vamp Verza
CEntrance Hifi-M8

Too many decisions, not enough time...

thank god, the next full moon is just in time for the meet (june 13), this will certainly make for a clearer sound signature. but i'm not so sure of the beer can method, won't the bits start staggering and get blurry? and what if the dac starts seeing double bits? i think i'd rather drink the beer myself :wink:

as for your toys: since i didn't have much time at the last meet, i'd really like to test the phonitor 2 again, also i'm interested in hearing the t70 and the t5p.

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #149 of 152
  1pm is ok I think.
@ampair: Is the location we used last time, TU Vienna, the newer part of the faculty for electrical engineering, available again?

yes it will be, but since the meet is on a sunday the doors will most likely be locked. i will talk to the porter to keep one door open, and i will pm each of you my phone number just in case.
the address is gusshausstraße 29, the nearest public transport stops are karlsplatz (u2, u4 + several trams), taubstummengasse (u1) and paulanergasse (trams 1, 62, badner bahn).

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #150 of 152
i just pm'ed my phone number to all who didn't already have it - if i have forgotten someone please let me know.

since the room of the last meet is already taken (yeah. on a sunday. at a university. blaah...) we will be in a different one which will fit our needs. if needed, i'll post directions on the front door.

see you all tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back